Squirmy & Grubs #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're right! Just went back and watched it. He really did say it in such a demanding tone and she obeyed instantly. Okay plot twist. It’s not Hannah that’s in the relationship for power and control. It’s Shane. He calls all shots and they’re in some master/submission twisted relationship.It’s totally consensual. Only fans is coming soon and he’s grooming her for it now. She’s so caught up in devotion to him that she will end up doing it.

Just kidding (kind of). 😂
Well, that solves the question of what I'm doing for dinner. Nothing. I'm never eating again. 🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You're right! Just went back and watched it. He really did say it in such a demanding tone and she obeyed instantly. Okay plot twist. It’s not Hannah that’s in the relationship for power and control. It’s Shane. He calls all shots and they’re in some master/submission twisted relationship.It’s totally consensual. Only fans is coming soon and he’s grooming her for it now. She’s so caught up in devotion to him that she will end up doing it.

Just kidding (kind of). 😂
I think it's kind of both. I do think Shane is demanding and bosses her around constantly on an everyday level (and is bossy in the bedroom) & Hannah is under his spell, however, Hannah has spurts of aggression that make it clear she has the final say. She can get very angry and needs to have the last word in a fight and Shane always obliges. So it's kind of a weird relationship between two control freaks that express a need for control in different ways and at different times.

Reactions: 7
I am only a mother to 2 children age 4 and 1... I burn out. I have a shiftworking spouse who is amazing when he is home, but I carry a lot of the household and childcare tasks. If parents can burn out (which I see A LOT in parenting groups) through caregiving for children who may or may not need as much caregiving as Shane then caregivers can for sure burn out. Do all of them? Maybe not, but it depends on the person, how much care they provide, what supports they have in place etc. Dismissing burn out because it hasn't happened YET is dangerous. I Wish I had been more proactive about it when my 2nd son arrived, though, we also didn't count on bushfires and a global pandemic to upset plans we had made for support. Hannah should be taking the advice on board from people who have been doing it a long time.

For example, Jessica Kellgren Fozard (also a disabled YouTuber) requires a carer, her wife works as an NHS Dentist, so they have an outside carer help out, as well as a sign language interpreter for meetings and events etc.
I agree with this.

I know I don’t see things the way you guys do, but these two appear to me to genuinely love each other. They both seem happy. I think it’s wonderful that they’re helping people to see that those who are profoundly disabled can, and are entitled to, lead happy and meaningful lives. I can see that at the moment Hannah finds it easy to cope with the demands of caregiving. She doesn’t need to leave the house to earn an income. Her only daily responsibility other than Shane is the dog.

However:

They are living in a bubble that at some stage must burst. Hannah wants to have children. As a mother of 4 who also has to earn a living, I know that even if she doesn’t work outside the home, there is no way that Hannah can have a baby AND continue to be Shane’s sole carer. She doesn’t understand that, but Shane does and that’s why he’s reluctant to have a child. He knows that the only way they can manage a child is to outsource his care and free her up to physically and emotionally care for the child. A child is the one thing that is likely to blow this relationship out of the water, and Shane realises that.

Even without a child, the bubble must burst. Hannah and Shane both need to pursue their own interests, and they can’t both do that while they are tied to each other 24/7/365. I get that during the pandemic the bubble is necessary to safeguard Shane’s health. But once COVID is under control, they need to think realistically about the way forward if they want this relationship to go the distance.

Reactions: 6
I agree with this.

I know I don’t see things the way you guys do, but these two appear to me to genuinely love each other. They both seem happy. I think it’s wonderful that they’re helping people to see that those who are profoundly disabled can, and are entitled to, lead happy and meaningful lives. I can see that at the moment Hannah finds it easy to cope with the demands of caregiving. She doesn’t need to leave the house to earn an income. Her only daily responsibility other than Shane is the dog.

However:

They are living in a bubble that at some stage must burst. Hannah wants to have children. As a mother of 4 who also has to earn a living, I know that even if she doesn’t work outside the home, there is no way that Hannah can have a baby AND continue to be Shane’s sole carer. She doesn’t understand that, but Shane does and that’s why he’s reluctant to have a child. He knows that the only way they can manage a child is to outsource his care and free her up to physically and emotionally care for the child. A child is the one thing that is likely to blow this relationship out of the water, and Shane realises that.

Even without a child, the bubble must burst. Hannah and Shane both need to pursue their own interests, and they can’t both do that while they are tied to each other 24/7/365. I get that during the pandemic the bubble is necessary to safeguard Shane’s health. But once COVID is under control, they need to think realistically about the way forward if they want this relationship to go the distance.
Hannah and Shane have talked about how they'll hire a caregiver for Shane once they have a child. Hannah's mom would also probably move in with them. For a hermit like Hannah, having all these people around will probably be challenging.

The issue is that Hannah's entire identity and life is clearly wrapped up in Shane and disability. She doesn't socialize and doesn't want to socialize; all she wants to do is be in the house with Shane and do all of his caregiving herself. This is even pre-Covid. Shane, her mom and one friend are the only people she appears to ever talk to. You could call her anti-social.

Before they had a channel and Shane just had a tumblr blog, they actually received a lot of criticism from the disabled community for not hiring a caregiver for Shane and having Hannah do everything for him; they all know firsthand how unhealthy it is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
He sincerely looks like he could die any day now. The videos that were posted recently that are 2.5 years apart...wow.
And, yeah, I have wondered if she's on the Spectrum.
They both look horrible, but Shane looks very unhealthy.
Her hook nose. It's almost as thought she contorts her mouth to really bring out how hooked and pointy her nose is.
Maybe this vacation is because they realize he's getting worse and worse? Why is she ok with him looking this way? I wonder if he has seen a physician lately for his illness specifically? (even if it's a virtual visit)

I think how they are with the cameras on and how they are with the cameras off are two completely different things. Although im sure that applies for all “vloggers” on youtube

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That damn theme song is so catchy and stuck in my head!
"Hello, hello, welcome to the peep show. It's time for Hannah to flaunt her ass". NOPE.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Shane really does look extremely gaunt and weak compared to 2.5 years ago; his incredibly pronounced sternum, sunken cheekbones and labored breaths between words are a giveaway. They should definitely use his feeding tube at night again because it looks like he is metabolizing calories faster than ever to simply exist and his shakes aren't sufficient. I think that Hannah is so persistent in being his sole caregiver that she writes things off as not needing medical attention so that she can be his constant savior/advisor. He's looking like he did in his teens when doctors told him he was 45 pounds and could die if he didn't eat more.

This surely must be difficult for his parents to watch? His deterioration when they cared for him for so long.
At the same time, he’s living his life independent of them. He thinks he’s in love and everyone on social media sees his pretty wife. I’m sure they are happy that he is living a much better life than what was originally projected for him when he was young and diagnosed with his disease. They probably feel they could provide him with better care, more of a routine and such but understand that he’d be miserable living in their basement compared to traveling, vacationing with a pretty girl even if it cuts his life span by a few years

I think how they are with the cameras on and how they are with the cameras off are two completely different things. Although im sure that applies for all “vloggers” on youtube
This should go without saying. Even couples who are not public figures have completely different mannerisms when in public. Everyone is like this to some degree. In S&Gs case im sure its night and day given how ridiculously fake and over the top Hannah is with her fake smiles and constant laughter. (if theyre even a couple at all when cameras are off and not in public). Everything presented in their videos should be taken with a grain of morton's

Lol i bet Hannah doesnt smile once while the cameras arent rolling. Shane is prob still in his glory cause hes got nothing to lose

Reactions: 4
In the newest video about their revolutionary way to overcome a fight, they offer a few unintended glimpses into their day to day life. Mainly that he’s a moody MF most of the time and she loses her patience with him and punishes him by leaving the room. He sends a corny joke via text and all is right with the world. Oh and diarrhea saves the day. Is he completely clueless? Good lord.

This plays into what you all were saying about how it really is when the cameras are off. I think he’s a moody little bastard most of the time and Hannah is more about enjoying her moms company than his.

Their adoring fans are already calling for a relationship advice segment. 😂

• Haha
In the newest video about their revolutionary way to overcome a fight, they offer a few unintended glimpses into their day to day life. Mainly that he’s a moody MF most of the time and she loses her patience with him and punishes him by leaving the room. He sends a corny joke via text and all is right with the world. Oh and diarrhea saves the day. Is he completely clueless? Good lord.

This plays into what you all were saying about how it really is when the cameras are off. I think he’s a moody little bastard most of the time and Hannah is more about enjoying her moms company than his.

Their adoring fans are already calling for a relationship advice segment. 😂
Their relationship only survives because Hannah is clueless, inexperienced, likely autistic and a control freak. Imagine your partner doing literally everything for you and having the audacity to be an asshole like Shane all the time. Imagine doing literally everything for someone and also willingly putting up with their constant dark moods.

Personally, I hope that Hannah's 'laugh like a lunatic at everything Shane says' thing is an act and she isn't that bizarre and braindead on a daily basis. Because if she is, I genuinely feel sorry for her.

The idea of freaky, clueless Hannah "what are emotions?" Aylward giving anyone relationship advice is tragic and hilarious.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think their relationship is pretty immature in terms of communication styles; avoidance and passive aggressiveness over possibly forgetting a piece of pie in a takeout order. Also, weren't they saying that they will cook their own meals the entirety of their vacation to prevent Shane getting Covid? They're caught in that little lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think their relationship is pretty immature in terms of communication styles; avoidance and passive aggressiveness over possibly forgetting a piece of pie in a takeout order. Also, weren't they saying that they will cook their own meals the entirety of their vacation to prevent Shane getting Covid? They're caught in that little lie.
Yep, nothing like some immature joking to ignore the underlying reality that Shane is an irritable, demanding asshole and Hannah is a control freak.

Did they say that they would cook their own meals??? Has Hannah ever cooked a single meal in her life besides eggs in the morning sometimes? lol. I feel like the vast majority of their meals are takeout. I guess they lied and said that to soften the fact that they were vacationing during Covid.

• Heart
New video is up and I can barely understand a thing Shane is saying. He's drowning in phlegm. What I gather is Hannah left him for 30 minutes and that's the longest he's ever been on his own. What if he choked or drowned in phlegm while she was out? She needs to get one of those remote cameras that people use to keep an eye on their pets while they are gone so she can monitor him. Also does Shane have a 911 panic button built into his chair? If not he needs one.

Reactions: 8
Just why is Shane so thin anyway? Clearly his illness stunted his growth and development but he looks so unhealthy compared to a few years ago when he was a little heavier. He needs to bulk out a bit, and I would have thought sitting around in a chair all day would be enough for him to easily pile on the pounds?? I'm guessing he doesn't want to use his feeding tube nor be seen glugging food shakes as that makes him be seen as disabled and we all know how much he wants people to see he's just a normal guy. Instead he would rather wither away and have Hannah tend to his ever growing needs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.