Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Quackquack

When Hannah saw this, she was like ~relationship goals~. It's every girls' dream to carry around a bossy little man.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Lkrose

I literally signed up just so I could comment on this thread. I’ve been searching to see if anyone else thinks it’s fake too and I’m so glad I’ve found y’all and that this is active. I feel like I have a unique perspective on this type of relationship because I was once with a quadriplegic man who reminds me so much of Shane that I feel like I’m looking at clips of my past life when I watch their videos. I was about 19 or 20 years old at the time I met him through mutual friends. I was a complete emotional wreck at the time due to other life events I was coping with along with getting a handle on my bipolar depression. We’d hang out occasionally and he was hilarious, would listen to me, and was always just trying to do nice things for me when he could. Truthfully, I had never really had a person in my life where I felt that they were there for me that way. I was vulnerable and he was persistent in pursuing me. At first I didn’t have any responsibilities for his care and it was a novel experience and I probably didn’t mind the extra attention I was getting when people would ask me about the situation. We were together for about 2.5 years and as soon as I came around his family basically stopped helping take care of him. He had some money from the settlement associated with his accident and could afford to hire care but always justified why he needed to save that money for other things. Honestly, he just didn’t want to spend any of his money to spare the emotions and bodies of the people around him. Once I moved in to help care for him, he really started putting me down and was just super controlling (similar to Shane). He would make comments about my weight, where I was if I wasn’t home straight away, and compare me to other people who he thought were more attractive all the time. Finally one day we got in a fight and he said “well if you’re so miserable here then why don’t you just leave” and he didn’t have to tell me twice. I packed as much of my shit as I could and got in the car and never looked back. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hannah has a similar reaction one day. I’m telling you guys, you can’t dedicate your life to caring for someone that way AND want to continue to have sex with them at the end of the day. She will end up feeling resentful for the things he cannot do (May that be right or wrong) and it’ll build up until she cracks. I’m 26 today and still feel like that part of my life is like a movie and not my own. It makes me realize how people slip into abusive and controlling situations and they don’t even realize it.

• Wow
  • Sad

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Ohh, I have so many questions about these guys and have scoured the Internet in the past, but have only found people saying “what a wonderful love story!”, and incels horrified that a profoundly disabled man can bag a hot girl and they can’t...

What struck me as VERY interesting was Shane was in the media with his “people think my girlfriend is my nurse” story with a previous girlfriend, Anna - who was also young and attractive like Hannah.

I do wonder who cared for him when they broke up, and how quickly he shacked up with Hannah. At what point during the dating process do you introduce the concept of her HAVING to be his carer, right down to showering and arse wiping? Why does he not have professional carers, meaning she’d get a break from 24/7 caring and they could have a more normal boyfriend/girlfriend dynamic?

What I do know is she sought him out via email and that’s how they went on a date. I don’t believe she’s necessarily a gold digger (primarily because I’m not convinced he’s minted) but I do think she puts up with nursing him because he offers something she wanted - a ticket away from her parents? A relationship without sex? Whatever it is, it’s not a simple case of a beautiful love story, absolutely no way, because I refuse to believe that a a girl as young as her would choose such a difficult relationship with such a strange power balance.

Last edited:

Elvis23

Hi, first-time poster here. I'm not going to add anything really new and insightful here, but I just have to get this off my chest. I discovered them a week or so ago. They had been popping up on my YouTube regularly, not sure why, I'd never watched anything related, but I ignored them for a while, but then thought I'd give it a go. I watched a couple of videos and tbh I didn't really think too much about them or analyse them and their behaviours and motives, I'd never heard of devotees before, but my gut reaction was this:
I get Shane's humour, whether it's funny or indeed appropriate is another question, but I get that he says things as a joke, which a lot of the people commenting on their videos apparently don't and take what he says seriously. I admire Hannah for being with someone as severely disabled as him, but hang on a sec.... They met HOW? She saw a documentary and then decided to contact him? Ok, that's weird. WHY would you do that? Even if he were the most desirable man on earth I'd find that weird.

Now that I've thought about them more and read this thread, I have to say, this is just WEIRD. I hadn't thought about the fact she cares for him 24/7 and does it all so gladly. I'm sorry, but I care for my toddler and baby 24/7 and I love them more than life itself, but I need a break once in a while and that's knowing they'll grow up and become independent. There's no way you'd do this for years and years for some guy. And helping him eat and pee and whatnot, I'd do that for my husband if something happened to him, that's the commitment I've made, but I wouldn't do it without help and 24/7. No way.

Reactions: 14

Mardymargy

Sorry if I'm wrong, and apologise if I am, but I think she's too young to be tied to a disabled man as his carer. Am I wrong in thinking if he really loved her, then he would tell her they can remain friends, but she must find an able bodied man who can give her what she deserves? Or do they make too much money from youtube and she gets paid as his carer?
Disabled people are just the same as anyone else just limited in what they can do, my husband has lung cancer and I don’t look at him any different from when I met him, sure things have changed but I wouldn’t change him for the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

books.bkwrds

I cant believe I found this forum. Ive been obsessed with this couple for a year and everyone around me thinks im crazy. There is something seriously effed up going on here. I personally believe something happened in Hannahs life and she snapped, found a distraction (Shane) and is using this new life as a coping mechanism. I hope for her this isnt true and shes really just a caretaker and they came up with this idea to get some youtube fame. In terms of making a profit its incredibly hard to make a living off youtube you need like 100 million views a year just to make six figures so I dont think this is money related. Even if it was theres easier ways to be a gold digger than pretend to be an extremely disabled mans wife. What stuck out for me was when they refused to go on Dr. Phil last minute like they knew he was going to start asking some personal questions and crack the case and they couldnt risk that. I can only imagine the pain her parents are going thru witnessing this if i was her older brother i would go nuclear on this situation and probably be in jail. As for Shane, im torn between hes a master manipulator or just going along for the ride. The dude can barely talk and tbh i feel for him. But theres also something extremely weird about his personality. I see a lot of people on here pissed off about his drinking, listen if i was a floating head like him id be banging heroin everyday so he gets a pass to do whatever he wants in my books. Id love to keep this conversation going for I have tons of other theories and talking points but I dont want to make a million word post on my first time on this site.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

VeganGal

Omg! I signed up just so I could comment on this.

I agree with everything that has been said so far. Here are my two thoughts that no one has mentioned yet:

1. Shane and Hannah talk about having all these kids because they "don't favor able bodied children over disabled children". WOW! They are willing and ready to KNOWINGLY have children who are severely disabled. Not every disabled person is going to be able to strike gold and find a person with a fetish like hannah to take care of them. So EVIL that they are willing to set unborn children up for a life of pain and disability KNOWINGLY - especially when they could adopt already existing disabled children.

2. I wonder how Liz (Hannah's mom) and Hannah's father feel that their beautiful, well-educated, could-have/be/do-anything-she-wants-in-life daughter is wasting her youth and beauty on an immature and rude manchild who has literally nothing to offer - except maybe a few jokes and a (for now) decent YouTube income.

• Wow

Marcel

Personally I find it a bit strange he chose her graduation to propose - let her have her moment!

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
They pretend like caring for Shane is a breeze, they have the fans convinced he can do much more for himself than he actually can. There are lots of things that are deceptive about them.

One instance, they go to restaurants all lot, order large amounts of food and people believe Shane is eating. He only takes a few bites of food and it exhausts him to chew, he has used a feeding tube at night since forever but they omitted that in their videos. Then recently they said he no longer is using the feeding tube, funny they mentioned he was.

Clara88

IMO Hannah is a very, very odd person and her eyes creep me out. She's always staring at Shane in a bizarre, way-too-intense way, almost like she's obsessively addicted to him, especially in their latest video. IDK what her deal is but she seems like a very atypical person to me. I do think they love each other, I don't think this is a 'scam' or whatever, but I also have a feeling that there are other things going on with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

fancyvagabond

Yeah she makes out shane is this hearthrob and if you aren't attracted to him you're an ableist no hannah it's called preference some people don't want to date someone with a disability and some people like dating a narcissist man child who gargles and tells shit jokes all day
The thing is Shane is not just disabled - he is severely disabled and disfigured. They always dismiss this fact by lumping him with the general disabled population when they talk about his disability, as if he's no different than Cole from Cole & Charisma because they are both in a Wheelchair. Lying about Shane's disability and disfigurement means they can dismiss Hannah's sacrifices and 24/7 care, magnify Shane's dead spider "performance" in the bedroom (ew), and chastise anyone who dares to question how Hannah can be attracted to Shane's body. It's the root of their manipulation tactics.

Shane is beyond disabled I mean I feel for anyone in his kind of shape tbh but theres no way someone can be physically attractive with his condition im sorry.

Wouldn't they both be so much more likable if they spoke/acted more realistically?

Like if Hannah said "I know Shane looks very different from other guys, and that most women see it as a problem, but I personally don't because I love him. And yes sometimes taking care of him is hard and tiring, but I get paid help and that gives me time to recharge."

Or if Shane said "Hannah does so much for me and I do worry about it. I try my best to reciprocate but I know I probably never could. I guess not all relationships are meant to be equal."

Instead they aggressively push this facade that makes them come off as a couple of lizards wearing human suits.

Last edited:

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
If Shane was not in a wheelchair, no one would think he was clever or funny. He gets a pass BECAUSE he is in a wheelchair and profoundly disabled. How awful a person must be to say anything negative about him he is disabled, we must love everything he says and does. Hilarious!!!!

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
I do not buy this relationship AT ALL! Fakers! And just like FA, they live like they are filthy rich, just bought a new house, then start Patreon and beg for donations. Talk about cult like following...this couple have brainwashed so many fans. They also LIE a lot about Shane and his abilities. I could go on...anyone want to discuss this sham?

laceandgold

Chatty Member
They are a prime example of fake YouTube couple. I'm not saying their relationship is fake but I do believe they try very hard to make sure they construct a picture perfect image of their life and relationship.

paolo

Chatty Member
This is his one and only position whether in the chair or laying down. It's sad but it's true, their privates cannot meet.

shane.jpg

I was thinking that his tongue kinda moves but he gets exhausted eating a bowl of mashed potatoes so....NOPE!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

Clara88

Finally a real, honest comment among all the groupthink interabled fairytale BS

"I’m multiple years older than Hannah and I have lived her life. I too love my husband and my children, but Hannah, you, my dear are delusional. I was the same. You have sacrificed more than you realize....a true partner, a second set of hands and feet to run after your children...a man that can take care of you...a partner to share the chores, cook, clean, take simple walks with. Let me tell you, you have picked an exhausting, soul sucking life for yourself....as did I. If my child ever told me they loved someone severely disabled, I’d support them, love them and cry my eyes out."

Poggypig

VIP Member
I think Hannah has a fetish she's so obsessed about him and I think he knows it so he uses it to his advantage he's so bossy and quite manipulative he's a narcissist but hey poor little Shane they're annoying me with their constant begging for money when they buy a new house and are on holiday in Florida ... I honestly don't think it's possible they can have sex it's weird she's attracted to his body and says it's sexy it's a size of a baby's body she's clearly unwell mentally

• Wow

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
He had the nasal tube at night, although they never told the fans until he stopped using it. They love to show lavish meals they order but he can't eat hardly any of it, it wears him out to chew.

There is no way they have sex...no way. She would break him, he is so fragile, you see how gingerly she has to pick him up to carry him. He cannot use his hands, or his mouth...I am sorry but the only way for sex would be Hannah giving him a BJ. Big ole ick.

She may have a fetish, she may want to be with a man she doesn't have to have sex with. I have no idea what drives this but I do not think they are honest at all. That man needs 24/7 care...that would get old and tiring no matter how much you love someone. So be honest about it!

Talk about living on someone else's dime. They travel constantly, they buy a house, then go on a month long trip to Fl on their fans money. But their fans will keep sending it in so they can see Saint Hannah and wonderful Shane.

Their fans are nuts!!!! I have seen so many comments from people wishing they were disabled so they could get a gal like Hannah, seen comments from people saying they want to have a child with SMA so they can take care of them. The fans are crazy as all get out!

In the video where Shane goes on a mat at the beach....their are so many comments wondering why is their not a mat going all the way to the ocean so Shane can get to the water? Have they ever seen a beach? Do they know what the tide is? Same thing when he and Hannah went on some walking trails and Shane could only go so far. The claimed the woods need to be cleared so Shane can drive through them. Thing is...they can afford more than one chair, get one that he can use for these things instead of complaining and asking the world to change for you.

They whine about not being able to go to a restaurant because of one step to get in, but they have a travel ramp, they should take it everywhere. But then...the fans wouldn't feel so sorry for them.

S&G literally asked all their fans to write to airlines complaining that Shane should be able to sit in his chair on flights. Hannah and her mom rigged up a car seat to put Shane in so he could fly comfortably. Guess what? Anna and Shane's dad had done that already 5 years ago.

I mean, yeah...let's be concerned and help those that are disabled have more access to go places but these two complain constantly when they have resources to get Shane where ever he wants to be.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Poggypig

VIP Member
Prior to Hannah he was living in Pennsylvania with his parents. Here's something interesting: In a couple videos they showed Shane's parents. Now considering Hannah has saved them from a fate of wiping Shane forever and into their old age, I didn't think his parents seemed all that friendly towards Hannah. I truly wonder why.
Have you noticed Shane's mom doesn't say much on camera when she is videoed and seems like she doesn't want to be filmed his dad is more friendlier but his mom hmm something seems off I think hannah as part of her fetish is obsessed with his care like Shane belongs to her and no one elese so no one else can touch him he would benefit so much with an extra one or two carers taking the work load off her as she must be so burnt out but she seems to type who won't admit it but have you seen how annoyed she gets when people ask Shane if he should get a new carer it's like Shane is her very own little pet she can control it is really weird tbh it's so weird how her mom toilets Shane and does his carer so not only is he a burden to hannah even though she says she's fine with it but I guess her mom has to drop plans to live around Shane's care which is find disgusting it is expecting too much from you're mother in law really especially as they seem at least 55-60 in age when is hannah going to realise this life she is carving out for herself is going to be hard especially as Shane gets more sick and if they bring kids into the mix that's a whole other story

Yes, it did.

What really jumped out to me was “His girlfriend of two months”. Two months? And he’d already jumped on the publicity train, talking about how he’d trained her in the art of keeping him alive? It’s crazy. Literally as soon as she agreed to be his girlfriend, she became his main carer and his family (or whoever had been caring for him up until that point) disappeared?

There are definitely some big unanswered questions about these two girls (and it amuses me that they’re Hannah and Anna).
Litrally it is a red flag in itself to suddenly expect a romantic partner to feed you and wipe you're ass if you have only just started dating even worse Shane is a massive burden on them he could at least be nice enough to get a carer not expect these young girls to be his carer it's not fair at all I think he is pretty selfish in this aspect tbh I think he probably manipulated these young girls into it too have you seen the videos with his other ex Shannon you can see the disgust in her eyes I think she is the one who left Shane

And another thing how can you say someone with the body of an infant is sexy she definitely thinks that you can tell it's weird as ffff how can you look at that and want to have sex no disrespect but she isn't well mentally and I know sex isn't everything but it's an important part of a relationship how can he hold her or protect her how the fff will he give her the ring when they get married surely the marriage would be void as he can't even place the ring on her finger I felt so sad seeing her proposal video even though it looked so staged and scripted because the poor girl had to put the ring on her finger her mom and dad must be heartbroken when it comes to things like that

Last edited: