Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LawsonP

Has anybody watches this couple? They have close to 400k subs.
He is severely disabled but has a good personality (a bit Dad humour for my liking though 🙈). He is an author too.
She is quite attractive and comes across as intelligent. Thinks before she speaks.
There are a lot of accusations that she is only with him for his money. She rubbished this and says society is warped for thinking that she couldn't possibly love him just because he looks different and is disabled.
My opinion: I haven't warmed to her at all. She seems a bit cold and calculating 🙈 and there is a good chance that she is with him for his money/house.
Thoughts...
I could be wrong, but I have been watching them, and been getting strange vibes. Please don't be horrible to me for saying this, as I could be letting my imagination run away with me, but sometimes it seems as if she's looking at him with contempt, but in too deep with the whole youtube channel and earning money from that, she doesn't know how to get out.
I saw the video which said people think his girlfriend is his nurse, but I wouldn't want my partner to carry me to the toilet to defecate. Where's the romance in that? Am I wrong in thinking there's should be romance and attraction in a relationship with young people who aren't even married? If she has to do most things for him, how could she cope if they had children?

Reactions: 11

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
My opinion about Shane is he is rude, makes crude sexual remarks and behaves like a child. Nothing about him says. "grown man".

pittertitter

Absolutely agree that theres no way they can have sexual contact! He can barely finish a sentence without losing breath so I'd imagine if she sat on his face she'd suffocate him.

• Haha

VeganGal

Their holier than thou "every woman should drop everything to devote her life to 24/7 caregiving of a man" really makes them unlikable.

For example, if a woman wants to:

- Have a life where she surfs, hikes, goes on cruises, and climbs mountains, Shane would not be a good partner.

- Have a career that doesn't involve her man, Shane would not be a good partner.

- Have an equal who can share the household chores, Shane wouldn't be a good partner.

- Enjoy amazing sex and be physically loved, Shane would not be a good partner and riding a motionless body would quickly get old.

Hannah truly settled.

Reactions: 10

PhartBlossom

VIP Member

I love Chronic Mom! get this

She did several vlogs about S&G, she was not mean or nasty she just posted facts and welcomed input. She was getting a lot of attention so Shane and Hannah reached out to her and offered to do a vlog with her talking about this whole thing. Chronic Mom declined but did say she would meet them in person and video the exchange herself instead of allow them to edit her for their channel. Then all hell broke lose and she was threatened in real life from either them or their crazy assed fans. She deleted her channel because this was threatening her job, her home and kids. All the videos and info are gone. To include info about this below:

During this same time frame, Hannah did a vlog complaining about people using the wrong terminology that she considered bad. Some soccer player had started a gofundme for a kid that needed a wheelchair and said he needed this to be happy ect. Well, Hannah did not like that so she sent her fans to troll this GFM until the soccer player had to remove it. So then did Hannah and Shane offer to help this kid? Nope.

I will try to find the info about it if I can.

Starts at 3 minutes, Then check out some of the comments. Even though Hannah does not name the person who started this GFM , the fans do! then they go bombard the GFM page like rabid dogs. The players name was Moana Hope, you can look ger up and see what a lovely person she is who happens to have a disabled sister as well.

Hannah and Shane are horrible people.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

maytoseptember

VIP Member
He has a knack for getting women to take care of him, that’s for sure.

As for proposing to Hannah on her graduation day, that’s a dick move. Talk about stealing her thunder! I’ve seen more than one “graduation proposal” video go viral, and the man invariably gets roasted for deflecting the focus away from the woman’s achievement and onto HIM. Call me a big fat cynic (I am) but I think it’s a bit of a red flag.

Another red flag is him saying that, when they have a row, he shuts it down by saying “Time to shower me now!”. He meant it as a joke, but I found it quite sinister.

darkcrystalss

I created an account just so that I could say this:

It really, really bugged me about how much Hannah is giving up for Shane, but then Shane takes ZERO care of himself. In the physical therapy routine video, Shane admits he doesn't do the routine often and that his physical therapist TOLD HIM to wear splints for his wrists to help them but he refused to/never did.

Why?? Why would you ignore medical advice and not improve the function that you are able to improve? If he continues down this road he will just atrophy more and more until he withers away. Just sad and ridiculous

Chunkymunky

Chatty Member
Hannah just needs to get herself one of those reborn dolls. It'll be just as capable of taking care of itself and she won't have to pretend she shags it.
I know I’m crude but I reallllyyyyy want to know how they have sex! He literally cannot move so she will have to do all the work and he cannot satisfy her surely!! I used to like these 2 when they came on the scene but it’s all gotten a bit wierd for me- I just can’t see Hannah wanting to be with him she IS his carer, without her he wouldn’t be able to wash, eat, go the toilet, move from that chair to anywhere else, he is solely dependent on her!

Highlandcow

VIP Member
Personally I find it a bit strange he chose her graduation to propose - let her have her moment!

Same I hate when people get engaged on birthdays, xmas etc I told my man NEVER to do that it deserves it's own special moment.

• Heart

Galbin

9 months ago would have been about when their content went from interesting Q and As, family outings, and life with a disability vlogs to monotonous travel videos. This was also when they really got into the sponsored videos.

Personally I began to question their sincerity when they stopped captioning videos. They said it was due to lack of time, but the odd thing was that Hannah was doing it while she was swimming competitively and studying full-time, but then stopped doing it when she finished college and should have had more time.

It became clear to me that they couldn't really truly care about the disability community if they couldn't even pay someone to do that. It became obvious that money mattered more than anything else.

pittertitter

Definitely get some weird vibes from these two. It sounds bad but I get almost controlling vibes from him? Like someone has said previously proposing on her graduation is a massive red flag to me. I also feel like she has maybe gotten herself stuck in this situation, at the point where she'd normally leave it she now feels like they have a social media presence and it's a pressure for her to stay. None of it sits right with me. It's not that I don't think couples can be inter-abled, I just don't see it with these two

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
I can't believe Shane only gets bathed once a week. Big ole P U! If you have ever been around a person confined to a chair, they sit in that chair all the time...they have a smell. They just do. It is a stench they have and if not bathed regularly it is bad! You can see skin flaking off his face all the time, and patches of oily flakes too. I am betting his breath is horrible as well.

• Sick
  • Wow

VeganGal

It couldn't look faker if they tried she isn't right in the head

If you had a proper solid loving affectionate relationship you wouldn't feel you needed to justify that to the world the whole video was totally staged and ott we know hannah is just some crazy woman with a weird fetish no sane woman would want to spend the best part of her 20s wiping some selfish pricks ass daily

I think again Shane has hinted how he "pleasures " hannah using his thumb imagine it I feel sick 🤮
That is too funny. I don't get the whole thumbing thing. He can't even put pressure behind it, so I don't see how it would be pleasurable. She's better off riding his knee or something ↗🦵

Sorry for the visuals 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick

sachairiah

I swear to god, skin cancer will cause more problems for shane than SMA in the end. His skin is always burning, Hannah never applies the sunscreen properly. He has so many eye wrinkles and such weathered skin for his age
The condition of his skin, how filthy his chair/ hands are, are signs to me that his care is too overwhelming for one person to handle (which is normal and fine, thats why people with disabilities like Shane qualify for in home care!)

His teeth, too. Maybe there's some staining happening as well, but it doesnt look lime his teeth are brushed like, ever.

When he speaks, he sounds really gunky, like he's full of phlegm. I understand that he doesnt have the strength to cough properly, but he would likely benefit from that same therapy that people with cystic fibrosis get- the one where someone needs to hit at their backs to help loosen things up. Also someone who would help inspire Shane to do the therapies he should be doing- including wearing whatever he's supposed to wear for his wrists/ hands.

It would likely be uncomfortable at first, but it seems like at the end he would have more use of his hands instead of the odd angle theyre always bent at.

And what happens if they get their wish and have babies? Hannah, if youre reading this, please listen. It is not a failure not not be able to do all of his care. Newborns are so much more needy than you ever expect- how will you care for both Shane and a newborn? You were tested for SMA, and likely wont pass sma to your kids.

You realise that there is a lot of other things that your kid(s) could be born with/ end up having? Down syndrome. Cystic fibrosis. Diabetes. Autism.

There's nothing wrong with any of the above. I myself have two children who are autistic. But it is a lot of work, every day, between therapies, appointments, and advocating for your child. You have a good taste of it with Shane, but unlike Shane, you just cant leave a child for hours while you do school or gym. Shane cannot care for a baby. You cant even set a newborn on his lap bc he couldnt hold it safely. Forget bottle feeding it.

He can never give you a break in the morning after you have been up with the baby all night who was screaming because he is in his purple screaming phase. Which can last ages, by the way.

I just hope they finally get help (and let others know its okay to have help!) before she gets pregnant. (Hannah, it is SO HARD TO MOVE when you're vomiting in the early weeks. Its almost worse once youre 7mos along or more, as you have a very heavy watermelon sitting deep in your hips. You wont be able to carry shane then, not safely!)

paolo

Chatty Member
Hannah just needs to get herself one of those reborn dolls. It'll be just as capable of taking care of itself and she won't have to pretend she shags it.

• Haha
  • Wow

Highlandcow

VIP Member
Yes I watch them even back when they started, they got mentioned on another channel and their YT blew up! I really don't think she is with him for money/house etc they have been together for 2+ years now and she gives all of her time to care for him she must love him and I doubt he is rich they live a pretty normal life.

It is hard to get your head around a relationship like that they guy cannot do one thing for himself I don't like to comment but what even goes on in the bedroom for her to be fulfilled 🤷

My only gripe with them is they are churning out a lot of videos now for the sake of it and their content has suffered a bit because of it.

VeganGal

They are so ridiculous complaining about Disney. If it's not good enough, then don't go Hannah. It isn't a life requirement that you go to Disney. As fragile as Shane is I can't imagine him going on a rollercoaster anyway.

They are a waste in every sense. If they actually cared about accessibility, they would use their privilege and platform to promote things that would make life easier for other disabled people.

crazycatlady193

As a disabled person, I would never allow a partner to care for me. In this day and age there is so much services available to provide care and support for people that need it so there’s no reason why Shane can’t utilise that to then allow for a non-care centred relationship with Hannah but I can’t see that ever happening because without the care element I don’t think there is any other dimension to their relationship. I think in the beginning Hannah probably liked the fact she was needed by another person but that won’t last forever, she will eventually realise Shane is using her but she likely won’t want to leave him without his care needs being attended so she’s essentially trapped.

Highlandcow

VIP Member
Ohh, I have so many questions about these guys and have scoured the Internet in the past, but have only found people saying “what a wonderful love story!”, and incels horrified that a profoundly disabled man can bag a hot girl and they can’t...

What struck me as VERY interesting was Shane was in the media with his “people think my girlfriend is my nurse” story with a previous girlfriend, Anna - who was also young and attractive like Hannah.

I do wonder who cared for him when they broke up, and how quickly he shacked up with Hannah. At what point during the dating process do you introduce the concept of her HAVING to be his carer, right down to showering and arse wiping? Why does he not have professional carers, meaning she’d get a break from 24/7 caring and they could have a more normal boyfriend/girlfriend dynamic?

What I do know is she sought him out via email and that’s how they went on a date. I don’t believe she’s necessarily a gold digger (primarily because I’m not convinced he’s minted) but I do think she puts up with nursing him because he offers something she wanted - a ticket away from her parents? A relationship without sex? Whatever it is, it’s not a simple case of a beautiful love story, absolutely no way, because I refuse to believe that a a girl as young as her would choose such a difficult relationship with such a strange power balance.
He certainly has a type 😳 I've said before in this thread at first when I discovered them on YT they only had a few thousand subs and the vlogs seemed so much more genuine they were basically just showing what accessibility was like for them travelling etc now the channel exploded they are more aware of how they come across I think and I think they like the attention even if it's bad or the comments of disbelief that Hannah could be with a man like Shane. Truth is they have been together 2 years before the YT took off so they must genuinely like each other.

I don't think they help much now with the reactions as their videos don't come across as genuine anymore they just churn them out for the views.

It's not only Hannah that's his carer it looks like her mum is too, she goes on every holiday with them just the 3 of them usually and when hannah was at uni all day it was her mum that would call in on him and help him do the toilet etc, I mean imagine your mum holding your partners penis so he can go for a pee 😳😳😳

• Wow

indescribe

I've perused this thread before, never posted mind you as I've always been wanting to be mindful of Shane and Hannah's relationship. Like Shane, I belong to the group of people with disabilities, I am a wheelchair user but with far less complex needs than Shane. As a female, it's very rare to see a couple with mixed abilities where the female is disabled and the male or significant partner is not. They do exist, it's just that the concept of disabled males and their female partners often ties in with the 'females are caring and have nursing characteristics'. Both Shane and Hannah feed into this fetish where men are cared for by females and it's evident to see.

At first I thought it was refreshing to see a popular YouTube couple where one person has a disability. But the more I watched them, I realised that it was far removed from the reality. Shane has been in a relationship like Hannah's where his previous girlfriends have been his caregivers, his nurses, so henceforth. He's written about them publicly and they've featured in videos and discussed how their relationship works.

The girl I'm talking about is Anna, who came on the scenes before Hannah of course, they even have such similar sounding names! Their relationship was identical with Hannah, except it was long before the days of excessive marketing and clickbaiting that they do currently. Anna left Shane and her life seems pretty normal now, you wouldn't think she was ever with him. And I actually doubt she was, it seems like every few years he gets a new blonde girlfriend who is attractive to be his 'nurse' and promote his disability and books. He struck lucky with Hannah because she seems more reclusive and hidden away from the real world and she can't say no.

Hannah is burnt out, you'll never ever hear her say that though because it goes against their independent ethos. And I find its wrong, as a disabled person to insinuate that your relationship is normal and not tiring. Shane requires complex care, Hannah can't do it alone. Her mother is not going to be around forever and neither is Hannah, what will happen if Hannah falls unwell? Her back will get worse and she won't be able to even bend because she's been lifting him. In the UK we have respite care for those with severe needs where they go to a 'home' with other people who are either permanent or temporary residents and get cared for by workers and their usual caregivers get a break. It's exhausting and I think it's wrong for both of them to promote this lifestyle.

In some ways I feel for Shane, as much as he professes he's independent and gets to do things other disabled people do, he will always rely on others to provide his basic care. He cannot feed himself or go to the bathroom. If his electric wheelchair breaks down, he cannot use a manual one to self propel as he lacks the muscles. What I don't feel sorry for is him taking advantage of his audience to give him money to buy things he can afford himself.

He has SMA type 2 and will likely become very ill if he catches coronavirus, and quite likely die as SMA affects the lungs as organs and muscles are very weak in patients and most SMA people tend to wear oxygen masks at night to breathe.