Sophie Shohet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did not mention this but is a fact, no influencer making a comfortable living outside Youtube / Social Media opens a Patreon or promotes cheap crap. It damages your brand and those items are SO difficult to style well.
This would explain desperate PRIMARK haul and then New Look haul. She is hoping for them to partner with her. Fast fashion brands have more money to pay influencers. I was watching her try on the (plastic/ polyester) coats which do not sit well and then I realised that everything should be one size bigger. I am not a Tamara fan, but damn, she wears oversized coats and jeans/trousers well. Sophie should take a note. Sophie is wearing mainly tight black trousers or leggings because she thinks the oversized or loose clothes make her look fat. She struggled with eating disorder in the past, so this is definitely not a good sign. If I remember correctly, she was showing her thighs pre and post cool sculpting. The thing is, she was very skinny before, so honestly I am baffled what on earth was she sculpting off with that procedure.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've noticed she's lost the plot a little. Churning out repetitive vlogs and pushing tat on us. Has she lost business?
I've noticed this too and the weird primark haul... I find it hard to believe her and her husband are struggling financially but I do think she needs to take a step back from YouTube for a little bit

Reactions: 6
I find it hard to believe her and her husband are struggling financially
I don't think they're struggling in terms of, not paying their mortage or checking for discounts at Tescos, but she went from being able to splurge quite a lot on luxury shopping to selling part of her collection / "not following trends anymore" / promotiong cheap trashy items.

The main issue is that her original Youtube demography is interested on luxury stuff, so she keeps going to Harrords and may purchase a thing or two sometimes, which does not match at all a Primark haul. Indeed, overall that over the mental health situation I hope she takes a break.

Selling a few bags may be enough to do so.

Reactions: 5
A109149D-7906-4795-8E64-34BD60C9F1BE.png
61809558-A506-43A6-B9AE-46CB3891274E.png

It was her christmas shopping video that made me unsubscribe after 4+ years of being a loyal subscriber. While I understand she is pivoting to try and be more up to date since the demand for luxury videos and hauls like those she is known for has fallen, but i’m not a fan of the path she is taking (promoting fast fashion, shilling other products).

Her career videos are actually some of my favourites and she inspired me years ago to consider marketing as a career. I also admired that she has her own unabashedly tacky taste, which while is very different from my own style was interesting to watch. I liked learning about luxury from her but unfortunately I think she has wrung that towel dry for me. She’ll be just fine without my subscription but thought I’d add my two cents!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Have you noticed she comes out of a Fiesta ST in her latest video? So, they pretend to be made of money but if they drive anywhere that is not Harrods (like M&S in their latest vlog) they take their banger car with them. They are so worried about their possessions. God forbid someone would touch their Porsche. The same about her not taking her best bags anywhere. Just her old and now tatty lady Dior.

That tells you they are indeed NOT made of money. Wealthy people use their things. They are not worried about their condition as they can easily replace them. Not this pair of chavs.

To be fair, Sophie had quite a few videos explaining that she does not come from money and how her path was one of going from transitioning jobs, promotions and then having her own business. Those are her best videos tbh if you never watched them.

She's scared of crime rates, mostly in London obviously, so it does not feel comfortable wearing 10k bags on the street. So why she insists on purchasing luxury and keeping her bags, no clue, I respect everyone's opinions, I don't overthink that much this type of thing but I've lived in London for a few years already, it goes back to having common sense.

I unsubscribed when she deleted a critical comment I made about the Beautifect case she showcased some months ago. When I say 'critical' not of her but of the product whose praises she was singing. Although there was no ad marked, she obviously must have been gifted and/or was very sensitive re any one having a contrary opinion, which surprised me as I had always thought she was honest and up front about 'influencing'. I still seem to get her videos in my stream recently and wondered about how she is doing financially. Her latest talks about how rubbish 2023 has been but then the only reason given is the death of her pet rabbits (which I can well understand is very distressing). But she has ads playing every 30 seconds now, with no option to switch off, and I note she has a Patreon channel. I have always associated them with YouTubers who don't have another major income stream.

But she has ads playing every 30 seconds now, with no option to switch off, and I note she has a Patreon channel. I have always associated them with YouTubers who don't have another major income stream.
It seems Sophie wants to keep splurging money on luxury but is above her means now, but instead of openly talking about this, her strategy now is to criticize luxury brands over and over 😴 and adding Ads / dodgy items / Patreon etc etc - it is sad because she used to be a reliable influencer for me, in terms of liking some of her strange outfits & reviews.

Now I can't bother to watch most of her videos anymore. I don't think they're struggling financially but the price tag for Chanel / Dior has been adjusted by 1) Inflation and 2) Popularity. I still enjoy luxury content or finding actually nice alternatives and not cheap stuff, so I finally unsubscribed too.

Have you noticed she comes out of a Fiesta ST in her latest video? So, they pretend to be made of money but if they drive anywhere that is not Harrods (like M&S in their latest vlog) they take their banger car with them. They are so worried about their possessions. God forbid someone would touch their Porsche. The same about her not taking her best bags anywhere. Just her old and now tatty lady Dior.

That tells you they are indeed NOT made of money. Wealthy people use their things. They are not worried about their condition as they can easily replace them. Not this pair of chavs.
In Europe it’s very common for rich people to sometimes use modest cars but I don’t think they are uber wealthy. They are comfortable plus they know that they don’t have to save any money for kids. She talks about experiences but they barely travel because David has a fear of flying. I find him a bit weird but maybe it’s because he hates being on camera.

With Sophie I like her personality… but her style is super tacky…

Reactions: 7
Oh wow, she is advising what is in and what is out of fashion, ridiculous. This comment made me laugh. And c’mon Sophie, you cannot make your too tight coats and jackets “happen” by saying (randomly) that oversized coats are out! That is nonsense.

Attachments

• Haha
Oh wow, she is advising what is in and what is out of fashion, ridiculous. This comment made me laugh. And c’mon Sophie, you cannot make your too tight coats and jackets “happen” by saying (randomly) that oversized coats are out! That is nonsense.
I agree with the comment under her video 100% She looks ridiculous and likes the most hideous things. Money cannot buy taste.

I think she already deleted that comment

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I agree with the comment under her video 100% She looks ridiculous and likes the most hideous things. Money cannot buy taste.

I didn't know she was the deleting type 👀

Reactions: 2
Like she is wearing a hoody, common girl! Yes all the clothes she wear are awful. She’s stuck being 25 and living in Essex or something

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The comment under her vid was spot on, that made me laugh so much!

Everything she said is so outdated, just like her personal ‘style’ 😂
---
Sorry to double post but I just saw the new Margiela Artisinal show from today at Paris couture week, and I just had to say something because it was an absolutely incredible show, and makes me excited about fashion in a way I haven’t felt in a long time.

And this is what gets me about influencers like Sophie and her ilk, they don’t understand or appreciate fashion, they just like clothes and labels and there’s actually a big difference between the two.

I’ll step off my soap box now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Like she is wearing a hoody, common girl! Yes all the clothes she wear are awful. She’s stuck being 25 and living in Essex or something
Worse than Essex. Guilford! 😉
---

Very naughty of her. She also deleted my comment I made in the past clarifying something she said ( which was one of hers „off the cuff”/totally uniformed and poorly researched statements). Not all criticism is bad. Shame, because she could have achieved better personal growth if she listened to some constructive criticism. Also what was this nonsense of her swapping her engagement ring for ( and I quote) ”fake lab grown diamond one” When she travels to central London?! It’s either fake or lab grown! The stupidity of this statement is honestly astounding.

Last edited:
Also what was this nonsense of her swapping her engagement ring for ( and I quote) ”fake lab grown diamond one” When she travels to central London?!
Her London paranoia is out of control 😅

I mean, there was a viral video this week about a MET Police undercover "Sting operation" - they jailed some thieves that used to walk around central London stealing luxury watches mostly. You can google the videos, for once it was an impressive operative.

It is true, certain areas are full of opportunistic criminals, but if you walk around Sloane St / Harrords I swear nothing bad will happen. You can easily stop a black cab or an Uber for longer distances.

Reactions: 5

I mean, there was a viral video this week about a MET Police undercover "Sting operation" - they jailed some thieves that used to walk around central London stealing luxury watches mostly. You can google the videos, for once it was an impressive operative.

It is true, certain areas are full of opportunistic criminals, but if you walk around Sloane St / Harrords I swear nothing bad will happen. You can easily stop a black cab or an Uber for longer distances.
I guess she is paranoid after she got robbed or almost got robbed. I remember a story about her Lamborghini..

Reactions: 1
I guess she is paranoid after she got robbed or almost got robbed. I remember a story about her Lamborghini..
At this point, it actually might just be a story….
---

Honestly, I live 1.5 mile from the city (of London, actual square mile of the City boundary) and nobody is as paranoid as she is. There is plenty of quiet luxury wearing people around but also plenty of supercars. Also, if she is so worried about travelling abroad with expensive items, why doesn’t she get appropriate insurance level to cover her valuables?

Last edited:
Yikes.

Just because you can buy the shoes, doesnt mean you should buy the shoes.

Screenshot_20240201_152425_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240201_152434_Instagram.jpg

• Haha