Sophie Milner (previously Fashion Slave?)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you're not fit for a rescue dog, you're not fit for a dog at all in my opinion. They both need work and training. Majority of rescues are not 'troubled' like people make out they are just not wanted as they're not designer. I'm surprised she's getting a dog at all tbh. I swear a while ago she said she didn't like them that much and was a cat person? Her lifestyle is definitely more suited to a cat! A dog is a big responsibility - there's a lot of influencers that have been rehoming theirs recently!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you're not fit for a rescue dog, you're not fit for a dog at all in my opinion. They both need work and training. Majority of rescues are not 'troubled' like people make out they are just not wanted as they're not designer. I'm surprised she's getting a dog at all tbh. I swear a while ago she said she didn't like them that much and was a cat person? Her lifestyle is definitely more suited to a cat! A dog is a big responsibility - there's a lot of influencers that have been rehoming theirs recently!
Now I don’t think that’s very fair.
I was mauled by a family members rescue dog when I was a child so I’m now nervy around all dogs that I don’t know and it takes me a while to get used to them (friends dogs, etc) regardless of if they are from a breeder or rescue, breed or size.
This is why I prefer to have mine from puppies, I currently have 2 that are treated like royalty and they’re my world so your assumption about not being fit for any dog if you don’t get a rescue is not accurate. I know some influencers want the perfect puppy but some people’s circumstances could be different.
I just wanted to highlight there could be many reasons! I would adopt all of the dogs if I wasn’t so much of a wimp from my bad experience!

Reactions: 3
There are puppies at rescue places. I didn't see her stories about not getting a rescue dog, how depressing. Seriously. I imagine it's her bf who wants a dog tbh. A puppy will chew her ugly overpriced shoes and bags.
Rescues animals aren't all survivors of terrible lives, many are surrendered or owners have died. There are pedigrees too.

She does have some influence so it is disappointing she's planning on buying a fashionable puppy. She doesn't seem like a dog person tbh, more of a cat lady.

Also more asos hauls, 20% off. Is no one buying? 😃

(Good. How many strappy sandals does anyone need)

Reactions: 2
The ASOS hauls are ridiculous! No one has or needs that many clothes. I’m sure 90% of what we see still has a tag on it. Gemma put up at the start of lockdown that she’d have issues paying her rent, yet SO many hauls since then?! It must all be being sent back.... which we know more often than not means the clothing is just going to go into landfill :(

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Now I don’t think that’s very fair.
I was mauled by a family members rescue dog when I was a child so I’m now nervy around all dogs that I don’t know and it takes me a while to get used to them (friends dogs, etc) regardless of if they are from a breeder or rescue, breed or size.
This is why I prefer to have mine from puppies, I currently have 2 that are treated like royalty and they’re my world so your assumption about not being fit for any dog if you don’t get a rescue is not accurate. I know some influencers want the perfect puppy but some people’s circumstances could be different.
I just wanted to highlight there could be many reasons! I would adopt all of the dogs if I wasn’t so much of a wimp from my bad experience!
Hey my comment wasn't directed at you in particular. I know there are many reasons SOME people are unable to get a rescue (certain allergies, service needs...) and I'm not disputing that but for the vast majority this is not the case. Especially those who are clearly getting a designer puppy for the 'gram. You know the type constantly #newpuppy... I wonder if they realise it will grow into a dog at all? 🙄

• Heart
The ASOS hauls are ridiculous! No one has or needs that many clothes. I’m sure 90% of what we see still has a tag on it. Gemma put up at the start of lockdown that she’d have issues paying her rent, yet SO many hauls since then?! It must all be being sent back.... which we know more often than not means the clothing is just going to go into landfill :(

It seems particularly stupid to do so many at the moment because... no one can go anywhere?!

• Heart
It will have been bought (maybe with a press / insta discount) used for content, then sold on within a fortnight tops. Maybe even just used for pics / videos then returned. Even if everyone was holidaying/ festivalling or going out, does anyone want more clothes when so many look the same as last year?? Has everyone already forgotten all the environmental damage fast fashion is responsible for?

Not keen on all the insta shillers posing in lacey pants while trying to sell me something unrelated either. Keep that for your onlyfans. 🙈

Was pretty gobsmacked to see her share on Twitter that her bf said NZ doesn't have a race problem. I do think it's important to share these convos and if Sophie handled it in the way she said then it sounds like she did the right thing but I guess I was just shocked to see him say that becase... it definitely does? In fact, I can't think of many countries in the world that don't have a race issue?

Omg what! Just because he’s not affected by racism in NZ doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist?? He can’t invalidate others experiences 😩

Okay I’m there now, I’ve read the tweets. She’s shared the argument they’ve had and does not agree with his views.

I wonder how they will cope in lockdown with each other. Holidaying together is great but it’s VERY different living with someone, especially when there’s nothing else to do (pubs/outings/holidays) etc...

I really like Sophie but I noticed that since announcing she’s getting a dog that she has liked nearly all the recent photos on the Tiffany_puppies page, where Molly and Tommy’s puppy came from! I hope she wasn’t or still isn’t planning on getting a dog sent over from Russia from them. I’m shocked she would even be following or entertaining that breeders posts!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Hopefully after what happened to Molly and Tommy’s poor dog, she will reconsider.

I am sad for molly and tommy, because it is awful losing a pet. But they must be thick as pigshit to go and buy a puppy from Russia and have it flown over in a crate, probably terrified, in the hold of an plane.

Reactions: 5
Why don't any of these people (reality show cast / insta shillers / bloggers) adopt a rescue puppy???? Dogs rescue is almost on her doorstep is it not? There are puppies there, the dogs are well cared for, they would be able to find out about the dogs temperament, medical history etc. I am genuinely puzzled. These poor little puppies die due to bad genes from overbreeding, and their mothers are treated appallingly.

Tbh Jimmy doesn't seem to be the brightest spark, maybe hanging out with sophie will broaden his horizons. NZ had major issues with the white settlers and the indengious population. I would have thought that would be taught in schools? Any one with better knowledge care to weigh in?

I dated someone from NZ so I'm not surprised her bf thought this. I don't think systimatic racism is as bad there as it is in the US and UK but to say it doesn't exist is a bit extreme. They appear to be very accepting of other cultures, recognise Maori as a joint national language and teach a more varied history in schools but they also have ZERO language sensitivity. He would happily call someone a faggot and other derogatory terms and not think anything of it! WTF?!

I am glad Sophie is talking about it though. She's one of the few influencers I truly believe will carry this conversation on. She's opinionated and sticks up for herself and honestly I was about to unfollow her when she stopped posting anything apart from hauls but I won't now.

Why don't any of these people (reality show cast / insta shillers / bloggers) adopt a rescue puppy???? Dogs rescue is almost on her doorstep is it not?
Estee Lalonde and Lucy Williams have! Emily Hunt also uses her platform to talk about dog rescue :)

Is it bad that I imagine jimmy was uggo as a teenager. Then he got tall, grew his hair and got muscles and became attractive? He’s not my type, btw.

• Haha
Based on her recent insta story, I’d say she’s been reading here.

Is there a Gem Talbot thread? She did the dumbest, most missing the point instagram ever yesterday

Posted a photo of her holding her bfs hand, but in that weird insta style where it looks like she’s pulling him along and the whole thing seemed off to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.