Sophie & Dave (Sophiebelle/The Dave monster)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately, when someone is extremely overweight, it’s going to limit their opportunities and limit the roles available for them regardless of how good they are, and imo he’s really not talented.
Just my opinion.
His singing is actually painful to listen too. I also think if he was any good he wouldn’t still be an understudy in his 30s

Reactions: 2
His singing is actually painful to listen too. I also think if he was any good he wouldn’t still be an understudy in his 30s
I’m shocked how bad he is vocally.
He definitely cant be accused of being a triple threat. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The singing makes me want to tear my ears off.

I see she gave up the gym pretty quickly too

Agreed. I'm not calling her obese (or even necessarily, overweight) before anyone jumps on me, but she's definitely quite a lot bigger than when she first started filming on her own channel in the pre-Dave days.

I thought she was meant to be doing monthly updates on her "weight loss journey" and posting pictures of herself in those tiny pink shorts she bought to measure her progress. That lasted all of 5 minutes. Some journey :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I literally knew that would go that way though, she is unable to stick at anything.

Even the Sophie and Dave channel since they've got home has been quiet!

Reactions: 3
That can be said about all influencers. I suppose it’s the down side of making money from selling your “life” to the public.
I'm sure the rest of us all have to deal with our fair share of criticism (valid or otherwise) in our day jobs. Sadly, it's a fact of life that not everyone's going to love you.

It really irritates me when people like Sophie can't accept any constructive criticism or that others may hold different opinions. In the past, she has veered close to categorising people who post anything other than arse-licking comments on her videos as "haterz".

Know someone who worked with her briefly. Said she was a right sourfaced little witch who would slag off some of the other staff for their weight, and would priss about her appearance in case any of her subscribers met her when she was out.
Really? Do share :LOL:

I'm sure the rest of us all have to deal with our fair share of criticism (valid or otherwise) in our day jobs. Sadly, it's a fact of life that not everyone's going to love you.

It really irritates me when people like Sophie can't accept any constructive criticism or that others may hold different opinions. In the past, she has veered close to categorising people who post anything other than arse-licking comments on her videos as "haterz".

True.

Also, the people who do lick her arse, never get a reply she is completely inconsistent and does nothing to engage with her audience.

I've noticed he gets in his own digs at her sometimes. Did anyone notice in one of the Disney vlogs when he made a big deal about it being "so nice to talk to other people" after they'd met up with another couple, following days of just the two of them?

Presumably, he'd reached his limit of hearing her say, "look, Dave, X is so pretty"...

You’ve got no idea how theatre works do you lmao not everyone can be a lead all the time. Ensemble members and understudies do vital work.

Genuinely shocked how much this thread lays into Dave when Sophie is the nasty one

She was throwing constant digs at Dave in the vlog before they traveled to Disney. They had JUST got married the day before.

You’ve got no idea how theatre works do you lmao not everyone can be a lead all the time. Ensemble members and understudies do vital work.

Genuinely shocked how much this thread lays into Dave when Sophie is the nasty one
You clearly have a bit of a soft spot for big Dave 😉
To be honest they’re a good match, both painful to watch. Both awful singers 🤣
Neither can act, her timid little girl act needs work.
His EVERYTHING needs work 🤣
I hope if she does have a baby at least one of them will get a full time, stable position. I don’t really have enough experience in the the theatre to know what role he could go for next, especially in any London shows

Reactions: 3
I’ve been watching Sophie and Dave for a long time, both when they had separate channels. I used to like Dave and find him quite funny, at the time I was on a diet for my wedding and I lost 5 stone while he still hasn’t lost any weight at all by the looks of it. I don’t know why Sophie felt the need to tell everyone on the honeymoon vlog that Dave couldn’t get on the pandora ride, why didn’t she just leave that whole thing out? Her inconsistency with uploads is shocking

Reactions: 7
I liked them in the beginning because they seemed genuine but the more you watch you realise there's areas they could definitely work on. I saw Dave on as Robert in TPTGW on tour last year and he was very good to be fair. The play is very physical and lots of quick lines, climbing up sets etc. Very funny if you like slapstick type stuff. He might not be able to sing but he deserves his place in that play, imo.

I do think Dave ought to stick to a diet and not just bulk up, for his own benefit but then for any future children. What is shown in the vlogs from time to time is him doing muscles stuff in the gym, which yes is good for strength but surely some consistent cardio is required? A relative of mine was similar build to Dave and freaked out when they were expecting and started to lose weight, because he wanted to be able to run around in the garden with his kid.

The not fitting on the ride scene was awkward.

I'm a fat bastard and I have been to disney..although they cater for those with curvy figures like myself I know exactly my limitations so I save myself the embarrassment.

It was a painful scene.. I was more dissapointed that he didnt sing about it...

No not everyone can be a lead ALL the time but most get a lead some of the time. It’s ok love I’m sure big Dave can be your leading man when princess Sophie sees the light.

• Haha
I get the impression from their latest vlog that she's tired of driving them everywhere and is pushing for dave to take action

Yes have had that impression before too!

It surely would be nice to share the drive as they do have quite long journeys visiting their families.

Didn't he try and attribute it to the bar not going over his legs rather than due to his general size?....:unsure:
Yes that’s how flight of passage works. Your sat on something that almost resembles a motorbike but it’s like your sat on a banshee.

They have a restraint that goes behind your backs and then one for the calves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.