Sophie & Dave #58 The Less & Less Magic Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not 100% sure but I think for a principle part in a high profile show the pay will be pretty decent. They often assist with accommodation for the leads and for stunt casts but not sure if they’d do it for Dave? He might have to find somewhere himself?
I did a quick Google search as to how much the west end pays and found this link https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/how-much-do-west-end-performers-earn-compared-to-broadway_58192/
Jeez almost £8000 a month, they will be doing 3 weeks at the poly now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Let’s hope with an influx on money they really invest in their future etc… the job will end eventually and if they blow it on Disney trips they are crazy 🙄

but who am I kidding, the Disney trips booked and she will be straight into wanting a baby as the attentions on Dave not her 🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Fair play to Davey boy....👏. Credit where credit is due. Let's hope Soph doesn't put a spanner in the works by getting herself knocked up.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yup fair play Dave, let’s hope this gets them out of the rut that they have been in for years!

I’m actually shocked!

Reactions: 12
Congrats to Dave, I'm actually really pleased for him. I've been getting the vibe that he has felt like he doesn't bring as much to the relationship and feels like he's punching up with Sophie. He looks unsure of himself in vlogs sometimes and like he is looking for Sophie's approval. I get the impression Sophie is a massive princess and everything revolves around her so it will be nice for Dave to have his own focus and purpose to be proud of.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The sensible thing for them to do now is for Soaf & Borney to move in with Nana Ratbags & pay a nominal rent. For Fatty to flat share in London while in the show. Save save save to build up a nest egg for the future or for a deposit on a house.
But we know they won’t do that. Soaf will spend Fatty’s salary quicker than he can earn it & they’ll squander the money on Disney holidays.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Guys I am so proud of you for being happy for Dave but also knowing Soaf is filing her basket on ASOS with smock dresses and booking Disney with the other hand 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
He’ll be on about £3,000. A lot, but not as much as £8k
Not a lot in London though. Are actors self employed when working on a show like this? I genuinely hope she moves with him, I don't think being apart when Barney is now here is ideal and she moped about the whole time he was touring with the play that goes wrong. Barney will be getting 30 hours nursery funding from September if she is in work - technically assume she could include YT as her self employed role to obtain the 30 hours, whether she earns enough though I'm not sure.

Reactions: 5
Not a lot in London though. Are actors self employed when working on a show like this? I genuinely hope she moves with him, I don't think being apart when Barney is now here is ideal and she moped about the whole time he was touring with the play that goes wrong. Barney will be getting 30 hours nursery funding from September if she is in work - technically assume she could include YT as her self employed role to obtain the 30 hours, whether she earns enough though I'm not sure.
Generally speaking you’re a freelancer if you’re a performer. Colloquially it’s known as an Equity Contract so your rights are overseen/protected by Equity but you’re self employed for purposes of tax. Someone more up to date with things may correct me!

It’s not a lot for London, no; but it’s more than they’ve been on

Reactions: 2
Generally speaking you’re a freelancer if you’re a performer. Colloquially it’s known as an Equity Contract so your rights are overseen/protected by Equity but you’re self employed for purposes of tax. Someone more up to date with things may correct me!

It’s not a lot for London, no; but it’s more than they’ve been on
Yes more than they've been on but not much to support a family of 3. Thing is if they moved to London and she pulled her finger out they could be making such good income from him being in the show and her doing YT, but time and time again she fails to do it. I almost think she's now done too much damage to the channel to make it successful. When they uploaded regularly when they first moved into the bungalow at least their channel was growing and going in the right direction but now I think they have a name for themselves of being unreliable and lazy.

I also think she has all the gear and no idea. On the recent vlog you can see she's got all the equipment (i.e fancy camera, microphone etc) however, the footage is all crappy and shaky and put together terribly.

Reactions: 8
Yes more than they've been on but not much to support a family of 3. Thing is if they moved to London and she pulled her finger out they could be making such good income from him being in the show and her doing YT, but time and time again she fails to do it. I almost think she's now done too much damage to the channel to make it successful. When they uploaded regularly when they first moved into the bungalow at least their channel was growing and going in the right direction but now I think they have a name for themselves of being unreliable and lazy.

I also think she has all the gear and no idea. On the recent vlog you can see she's got all the equipment (i.e fancy camera, microphone etc) however, the footage is all crappy and shaky and put together terribly.
She’s no clue. She’s playing at everything. Motherhood, vlogging, being an entrepreneur with her wee shop. Absolutely £3k isn’t a lot but I think he’ll be staying in London and she’ll be off with Barney. Might give them both a bit of a shock and pull the finger out.

Reactions: 4
I was subscribed to Sophie’s original channel a few years ago but I can’t remember - did Sophie ever complete her degree or did she drop out?

Reactions: 2
I honestly enjoyed their channel the most when Dave was in play that goes wrong. I hope the channel starts to focus on him and vlogging being in the theatre, not just Sophie being boring.

Reactions: 7
They have such a vlogging opportunity now. Will they use it??
-dave talking about the audition process etc
-behind the scenes content
-exploring London with a toddler
-moving vlogs

Reactions: 9
I honestly enjoyed their channel the most when Dave was in play that goes wrong. I hope the channel starts to focus on him and vlogging being in the theatre, not just Sophie being boring.
Me too. Was a bit embarrassing when it switched to Soaf painting a wall!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.