Sophie & Dave #18 their house is a tip, they’ve broken Chip, still on about a Disney trip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chip has never been trained though, he always jumped up on soaf in the old Cheshire clogs and was kept shut in the kitchen fairly often.

he may not be aggressive, but if the baby starts to pull his ears or take a toy chip wants he could be quite unpredictable (and soaf teases him with household items so he has no boundaries) and even if nothing happened then, he’s big enough and clumsy enough to just knock him over once he’s walking! And they have no control over Chip at all, from what we see in the blogs.
Well if Barney starts to pull his ears then his parents need to tell him not to? Perfect example of teaching how to be gentle. Works both ways. I bet Barney will love growing up with a dog, he'll be laughing at him and chasing him around the house soon enough. (Which is great seeing as Dave won't be able to...) I'm sure he'll fall down in the park hundreds of times too, it's what kids do! I just don't see this out of control dog sorry, we can't agree all of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We can sit on the sofa and watch TV whilst barney eats no you idiots sit at the table and eat as a family

Reactions: 15
*cuts camera abruptly* “something was going on with chip there”

yeah, he was getting jealous of you playing with your child for once and probably started giving it the scowl/growl face, they knew they’d get people commenting so quickly cut that bit out , and then turned on the absolutely 100% 🐮 💩 excuse of “he’s making us worry”

😴😴😴

It’s not Chips fault he is like he is it’s these two idiots! They’ve not trained him at all and haven’t even tried to make improvements in his behaviour once they knew Barney was coming along.

I’m a massive dog fan! Don’t have bids. But omg when chip had Barneys toy in his mouth, Sophie didn’t tell him off at all and put it straight back into a drawer, not washed and will be put into Barneys mouth straight from the dog. Vile!

I agree Dave is better with the baby but I know loads of Dads who are amazing with their kids and still go to work and put a lot of effort in. It’s really sad that Barney doesn’t have sensible or hard working parents who want to put the maximum effort in for their baby. Daves’ £175 trainer purchase before buying Barney a high chair proves to me that he’s hardly Dad of the year.

They are both tit people. I thought Barney might still be ok with Sophie’s mum but she’s clearly enabling their lazy behaviour. It’s really sad for Barney and it is actually uncomfortable viewing. If that’s the most effort they put in for their baby I worry about what it’s like when the camera isn’t on.

Barney not sleeping so they take him out of his sleeping environment... Sit him up... Stick the TV on... Yeah that'll do it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I just don’t think they have a clue, but they are not willing to accept advice nor admit they don’t have it under control. They think what they are doing to perfectly fine and if anyone says different then they are trolls.
You can lead a horse to water but these two will
Always believe they are right.

Chip absoloutely has showed signed of aggression before. They’ve talked about how reactive he is to passersby/visitors and how he goes absoloutely mental and destructive when left alone.

Chips epilepsy started when Barney was born...Dogs with epilepsy can be unpredictable and his behaviour, especially when Soaf is giving Barney attention is something to be concerned about. And any health professional will tell you dogs licking babies or their toys, high chairs etc is really dangerous as they can spread bacteria’s and babies do not have the immune systems to cope.

I hope, for Barneys sake, they wake up and realise that ANY dog can be dangerous with a baby and about them not being Alone together.... she leaves him in the pram alone near chip.Barneys bed in their room is of a height where chip could reach him and let’s them two in the back of the car together?

The fact that Chip pulled stranges faces at the exact moment she was giving Barney attention, hardly a coincidence

• Wow
Reactions: 16
So Barney is going through a 6 month sleep regression and they are doing the worst possible things for it! You should not be putting him infront of the TV it is just going to stimulate him more, he needs to be in his big cot and be having most of his naps in the day in it as well. My daughter never had a sleep regression but from 3 months old she was in a solid routine, did she have the occasional bad night of course she did and my 5am start at work would be horrendous but I powered through, if I let her watch TV she would be up every night as babies are clever and know how to get what they want

Reactions: 17
I watched it back this morning and something definitely happened with Chip around 3.30 in, when Dave said " I see you Chip, I see you to" you can hear him barking, before it cuts quickly to Soaf.
Alarm bells should be ringing because it's to late when something's happened.
It's not the dogs fault it's the irresponsible owner's.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I could tick off so many things mentioned on here that she mentioned last night 👍
It’s just the same boring drivel day in and day out with them
On the loaf , reading thru that book at speed and not even letting Barney have time to look at the pictures !! All for show !!!

Reactions: 8
She was SUCH a smartarse again with Dave ‘how long will it take you to put 4 legs and a seat together?’ As if she didn’t suffer massive ‘anxiety’ attacks over a few bits of wood going together to make a bookshelf.

7 days....was hilarious when she said that referring to the Hemnes and he said yeah because it was just a couple house late each night. Most people would have completed it in one of those ‘couple hour’ sessions. Even probably squeezed a day’s work into the same day, fancy that!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Not a parent so likely have no idea what I am talking about.

When she says Barney has been awake since 10pm I imagine noone is getting any sleep because he is screaming. Cuts to Barney happy as larry watching the telly 🤨 Of course he isn't going to sleep if he is being stimulated, but him back to bed.

I have said it before, they don't have a schedule so how can they expect Barney to!?

Don't think I've ever been 'too hungry to sleep' either.

Reactions: 11
Well if Barney starts to pull his ears then his parents need to tell him not to? Perfect example of teaching how to be gentle. Works both ways. I bet Barney will love growing up with a dog, he'll be laughing at him and chasing him around the house soon enough. (Which is great seeing as Dave won't be able to...) I'm sure he'll fall down in the park hundreds of times too, it's what kids do! I just don't see this out of control dog sorry, we can't agree all of the time.
Oh I absolutely agree that growing up with a dog should be lovely, and a responsible parent would teach their baby not to aggravate the dog.

but they have never trained Chip, and I did a quick search on dog facial expressions- from
The face Soaf pulled, like she smelled something bad, and you can see Chip’s teeth exposed when Dave pulls his head up, he’s either angry or uncomfortable/fearful in that section. That Sophie then needed to give the dog a full body hug while Barney lay half off the playmat to me looks like Chip believes he needs to position himself above the baby in Sophie’s affections.

I’m not saying the dog is inherently bad or dangerous, I think his basic nature is good! but these are warning signs. Chip needs boundaries and he needs to know the baby comes before him in the pecking order.

Reactions: 8
It’s the way she saw chip at the night of the chair, and was like oh I wonder if it goes any higher, eerrr no you tell your dog to get back and start it now. My mother in laws dog is so well trained around food and babies, I honestly can’t believe how bad chip is, I mean can, because these two are his owners

Reactions: 7
So she didn't buy her son
She's honestly scum. How can she even look at herself. Disgusting human
She did buy it , anyone can do an affiliate link .. I could , you could ! You don’t need to be an influencer to have affiliate links !

Also on the whole chip thing , it isn’t his fault that he’s the way he is ! They made him like this , watch some of their blogs from when he was a puppy even when they lived in Basingstoke and you ‘ll see they never disciplined him and it shows !

I’m not a dog person I have 3 cats , but my parents have a dog and so I know you need to be strict with them .. you cannot let the dog think it’s the boss ! My parents dog is about 6 or 7 and recently my mum had to take him for training classes because his bevahour was so unruly (not coming back when let off the lead , barking and aggressive behaviour towards the postman etc) and the trainer out right told them that they’ve been too soft on him and now the dog thinks he’s in charge ! This is exactly what chip is like , they need to let him know he’s not the alpha and they are .. perhaps some training classes wouldn’t be a bad idea for chip ??

Last edited:
So Dave is a 'Home Gym Enthusiast' now 😂 what the duck is that?? What a loser, I can't stand him. I push the chair to the side in my living room and put a mat down and BAM that's my gym Dave 👍

Also, absolutely crazy to have a baby up watching tv at 1am?! That's basically rule number 1 of what NOT to when you can't sleep.
I'm just so embarrassed that they document their tragic lives..yet I can't look away and it's getting me down.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sorrry for the double post but i'm baffled.. is it normal to lay a 6 month old baby in front of a film in the dark all night if they can't sleep?
I don't have children so I don't know.

I find it cringy that they both put it on their IG stories like boo hoo poor us. Maybe they'd be stressing if they had actual work to go to after no sleep

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.