Sophie & Dave #18 their house is a tip, they’ve broken Chip, still on about a Disney trip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just seen Daves stories !! He was sitting in the dark with baby tv on 😂😂 no wonder Barney doesn’t want to sleep with all that noise and colour !!!
yeah when my wee one was up thru the night I had tv on but it would be my programme which probably bored the wee soul back to sleep
They are brainless bastards
I used to Sky plus homes under the hammer and grand designs to watch in the night when mine was a new born , poor little thing was probably bored to tears ! might be why his duplo towers are so structurally sound

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I used to Sky plus homes under the hammer and grand designs to watch in the night when mine was a new born , poor little thing was probably bored to tears ! might be why his duplo towers are so structurally sound
Mines was real housewives of New York and mob wives 🤣🤣🤣 I have one of the sassiest 9 year olds you could ever meet

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We are hopefully going to start to try for a baby after our wedding in June and I think I will just come here for loads of advice lol! Or just do the exact opposite of S&D! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I will say, I've never been more glad that she isn't a teacher! God, can you imagine her? Right class, time to watch Moana...again.

• Haha
We are hopefully going to start to try for a baby after our wedding in June and I think I will just come here for loads of advice lol! Or just do the exact opposite of S&D! 🤣
The best bit of advice I can give is enjoy your free time with your partner and your sleep because i found the first four or five years is tough and really tests relationships to their limit.
also don’t take for granted just getting up and going out to like morrisons or that
When you have a baby it’s like moving house just to get out the door 🤣🤣🤣
Hopefully some of these restrictions will be lifted for you by June xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Having a baby/child is the greatest blessing (whether through birth, surrogacy, adoption, fostering etc) and please don’t let these two tell you otherwise 😂

These two are the most exhausted parents in the world and nobody knows why 😂

Something worrying is happening with Soaf. The detachment from Barney, the obsession with her looks and appearance, the lack of interest in anything baby related, the obsessive manic episodes where she over promises and sets herself up to fail. I do think a health visitor needs to assess her for sure, I think she may have an element of PND alongside some serious issues with her general motivation for life.

• Heart
I’m gutted my 5 month old hates moana 😂 all she will watch is little baby bum. And I won’t lie she watches far too much but it’s the only way I can do chores and bottles without her screaming 😂

Reactions: 7
Having a baby/child is the greatest blessing (whether through birth, surrogacy, adoption, fostering etc) and please don’t let these two tell you otherwise 😂

These two are the most exhausted parents in the world and nobody knows why 😂

Something worrying is happening with Soaf. The detachment from Barney, the obsession with her looks and appearance, the lack of interest in anything baby related, the obsessive manic episodes where she over promises and sets herself up to fail. I do think a health visitor needs to assess her for sure, I think she may have an element of PND alongside some serious issues with her general motivation for life.
It’s their lifestyle
They have no friends or it seems like they don’t
I have loads of different stuff groups of friends and we have all kept each other going thru this lockdown
I’m really outgoing and the life and soul of the party and even this lockdown has got me struggling. I remember being on maternity leave and when I got to 9 months I was buzzing to get back to work , to get out the house, speak to other adults and not hear mickey mouse clubhouse in the background constantly - she has no interactions with real people and that does affect mental health .... although that maybe does suit some people but I’m a people person and need proper real interaction.
she has this need to have a persona like I said a few days ago she’s like the character in split with all the different personalities
Just be you and stop trying to be what you think others want you to be !!! This is her issue

It also won’t help her coming on here and reading our comments , however if you choose this vlog/influencer life then you need to take criticism which mainly on here is constructive criticism

I totally lost myself when I became a mum
You do lose your identity a bit .... I worked part time, term time in a contact centre just plodding away .... then I got a promotion and was in a role were people listened to me and I was contributing to major decisions.... this made me ME again .. I was no longer a wife or a mum ... I was kinda important within my workplace
So I kind understand what she’s going thru , however, there’s no point in getting this identity and new style of your Gonnae sit in your house like a hermit !!!
both of them seriously need to think about getting jobs or hobbies at least to get them out the house (once lockdown is over obviously)

Sorry for me rambling on today

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
It’s their lifestyle
They have no friends or it seems like they don’t
I have loads of different stuff groups of friends and we have all kept each other going thru this lockdown
I’m really outgoing and the life and soul of the party and even this lockdown has got me struggling. I remember being on maternity leave and when I got to 9 months I was buzzing to get back to work , to get out the house, speak to other adults and not hear mickey mouse clubhouse in the background constantly - she has no interactions with real people and that does affect mental health .... although that maybe does suit some people but I’m a people person and need proper real interaction.
she has this need to have a persona like I said a few days ago she’s like the character in split with all the different personalities
Just be you and stop trying to be what you think others want you to be !!! This is her issue

It also won’t help her coming on here and reading our comments , however if you choose this vlog/influencer life then you need to take criticism which mainly on here is constructive criticism

I totally lost myself when I became a mum
You do lose your identity a bit .... I worked part time, term time in a contact centre just plodding away .... then I got a promotion and was in a role were people listened to me and I was contributing to major decisions.... this made me ME again .. I was no longer a wife or a mum ... I was kinda important within my workplace
So I kind understand what she’s going thru , however, there’s no point in getting this identity and new style of your Gonnae sit in your house like a hermit !!!
both of them seriously need to think about getting jobs or hobbies at least to get them out the house (once lockdown is over obviously)

Sorry for me rambling on today
This is so spot on!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How dare Barney keep them up (baring in mind they did a couple of hours each)
Not Dave done all night though. They said previously that Barney fell asleep at 4:30. So she's got Dave doing 10-3 although it looks like she didn't get up at 3. And Barney was asleep for 5 😂😂 he's such a mug, I mean my partner would 100% try to leave me sleeping but I would be setting every alarm to make sure I was up to take over and let him sleep because I'm not a manipulative peice of tit

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Not Dave done all night though. They said previously that Barney fell asleep at 4:30. So she's got Dave doing 10-3 although it looks like she didn't get up at 3. And Barney was asleep for 5 😂😂 he's such a mug, I mean my partner would 100% try to leave me sleeping but I would be setting every alarm to make sure I was up to take over and let him sleep because I'm not a manipulative peice of tit
And I can just imagine dave calling soaf a ROCKSTAR all day today for getting up for 30 mins in the night. Maybe rockstar is his code word for manipulative piece of tit?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The amount of time Barney spends staring at a screen is alarming for a baby. As others have mentioned before, it is just not normal to have a baby on your lap facing the television, the baby should be facing their parent so they can interact.

Whilst Sophie and Dave thought his reaction to Moana was hilarious, I thought it was a pretty disgraceful that he has watched the film so many times he has a favourite part, and I say this as a person who thinks that television is a wonderful learning aid for children, not just to teach them things like numeracy, but to grow them into open-minded, tolerant and empathetic people.

Reactions: 19
Yeah babies need facial contact with their parents and I think this whole always facing him away from them and laying on their bellies is a bit weird!

Daves code word 😂😂😂 Barney’s staying up late because he’s just like his dad, reckon he’s had his first Monster yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They'd rather have him watch Moana 500 times than join an online baby group or something. (There's a free one on Facebook if anyone is interested) Even the baby club on cbeebies would allow him to see other babies and they can sing all the nursery rhymes/do what's in the bag with him. Thing is they are so lazy and couldn't care less about their sons development. Barney deserves better.

Reactions: 13
First time poster but long time lurker here 👋

Firstly can I just say Barney is such an endearing, gorgeous little boy, they are so so lucky to have him and they are even luckier that he is such a docile wee soul. I have two children and neither slept well AT ALL, both had colic and reflux and my eldest whinged pretty much 24/7 until she was 1. Like lots of new mums I was on my own with them during the week, I quite often had fainting spells due to the exhaustion. Hearing Sophie moan about how tired she is, when she has Dave at home all day to co-parent a largely immobile baby is just a bit ridiculous. It’s not a race to the bottom and I appreciate everyone’s struggles are valid but they honestly don’t have the slightest bleeping clue.

I just hope this sleep regression has made them rethink having another baby so soon, I genuinely think she’d have some sort of breakdown if she had 2 under 2. I had 2.5 years between mine and duck me, that was bad enough. She wouldn’t know true exhaustion if it slapped her clean across the owl eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Their Disney dream is about to be popped. Disneyland Paris is nothing like Disney World and I just don’t think she’s prepared for that.

What happened to Daves big weight loss announcment?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.