Sophie Cachia #4 Spreading Lies in 3 Shades of Nude

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am HOWLING at her website and her products. $35 for a no name lipstick?? E.L.F is vegan, great quality and like $3, why the hell would anyone shell out $35 for LIPSTICK that isn’t even from a high end brand? I am a total makeup junkie and I can assure you no one needs another influencer brand on the market. I’m 100% sure this and her activewear are cash grabs. Black activewear? What hole in the market are you filling with that one? I’m also a marketing junkie and her website and marketing is killing my soul. It’s so, so bad

Apologies for my ignorance but could you please let me know why nude is not inclusive?
Nude in the makeup world is considered a light skin colour shade, like light pink, beige, cream etc. What the makeup world calls nude doesn’t cover people with darker skin tones.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh lord. This is a disaster. How entertaining. Does she not realise that a “nude” for her complexion on survivor differs from the “nude” her current orange complexion calls for? Soooo inclusive Sophia.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why did she think this was a good idea? $35 for a lipstick from a non-reputable company when you could buy a lipstick from a company that has a proven sustainable history/ethos etc.

What a way to capitalise on gender reform, too! Something isn’t made gender neutral because it’s branded “gender neutral”. If a boy/NB person wanted to buy a lipstick from MAC then that’s gender neutral too.

The last thing this world needs is influencers pumping out tit products in an over saturated market. We need less things (including Sophie’s three lipsticks) cluttering up our landfills. It’s beige and pink lipstick, not bleeping revolutionary Sophie.

Reactions: 22
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Wow what a half-assed share from the GF Maddie.
Didn’t even say anything about it, just posted the tag and the website link.
You’re not proud of your boss babe girlfriend?
Not happy for her new cash grab that is funding you a place to live?
Not celebrating such a new age, woke makeup brand?
No? Nothing?
Ok then 🤨

Reactions: 12
Please Sophie can you send Emmylou some lippy, just so I can hear her absolutely butcher the name 🙏🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I am HOWLING at her website and her products. $35 for a no name lipstick?? E.L.F is vegan, great quality and like $3, why the hell would anyone shell out $35 for LIPSTICK that isn’t even from a high end brand? I am a total makeup junkie and I can assure you no one needs another influencer brand on the market. I’m 100% sure this and her activewear are cash grabs. Black activewear? What hole in the market are you filling with that one? I’m also a marketing junkie and her website and marketing is killing my soul. It’s so, so bad

Nude in the makeup world is considered a light skin colour shade, like light pink, beige, cream etc. What the makeup world calls nude doesn’t cover people with darker skin tones.
It’s like when Cadbury brought out Vegemite chocolate. Tasted like total tit but if everyone bought it just once as part of the gimmick they made a killing- never to be seen again. Is she really aiming to convert buyers in the market to buy her product. Her ‘target’ consumer already have plenty of products to choose and relate too. I just think she is cashing in and taking advantage of a movement at the moment. She has thousands of followers who are suckers and buy her crappy pyjamas. They are her real target consumer. If same customer buys a $90 box of her crappy lipstick she makes a few hundred thousand $$ Eventually Suzuki will slink away ever after. Is this how her friend Mia does business. It’s my belief she is quite wealthy.

Reactions: 7
P.s now I know why she removed her face from the website...I would distance myself from the cluster duck too

• Haha
  • Wow
It’s like when Cadbury brought out Vegemite chocolate. Tasted like total tit but if everyone bought it just once as part of the gimmick they made a killing- never to be seen again. Is she really aiming to convert buyers in the market to buy her product. Her ‘target’ consumer already have plenty of products to choose and relate too. I just think she is cashing in and taking advantage of a movement at the moment. She has thousands of followers who are suckers and buy her crappy pyjamas. They are her real target consumer. If same customer buys a $90 box of her crappy lipstick she makes a few hundred thousand $$ Eventually Suzuki will slink away ever after. Is this how her friend Mia does business. It’s my belief she is quite wealthy.
She targeted her Mummy Blogger fans with B&F swimwear and Fairy Magic
Targeted the footy community families with Next Gen MINI'S
Targeted the SAHMs with lounge and sleepwear
Now targeting the LGBTIQA+ community with gender inclusive make up.
Gotta give it to her there!

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve said this before so apologies for quoting myself, but it needs to be raised again in light of the great launch.

It is not an overreach to make the connection between the racist and historical Western fetishisation of Japanese culture and sexuality, and appropriating the Japanese word for ‘love’ for her brand in order to profit, despite it holding no cultural significance other than she went on a holiday there once.

The ‘nude’ product descriptors really top it all off.

Imagine being so blatantly racist, ignorant and foolish.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Wow what a half-assed share from the GF Maddie.
Didn’t even say anything about it, just posted the tag and the website link.
You’re not proud of your boss babe girlfriend?
Not happy for her new cash grab that is funding you a place to live?
Not celebrating such a new age, woke makeup brand?
No? Nothing?
Ok then 🤨
Maddie would have copped a hounding from big bully Sophie on the phone. "Why haven't you shared my product, I worked so hard on this and you've not supported me, put a post up now or I'll bully you publicly" 😒 So of course she obeys and chucks up a quick post.

Reactions: 5
I don't get it...what's the story, what's her 'why' with this brand?

Has she ever been passionate about vegan cosmetics before? Australian made is great, but is that her personal ethos cause her pjs are definitely not Australian made...

When have we seen her testing, designing, trialling anything, visiting a factory, looking at raw samples?

All we've seen are over the top photo shoots with lots of people and the star herself, none of which is necessary.

None of it makes sense. Have they just asked her to be the 'front' of the brand because she is a marketing wizard? Yet, she says she is the CEO of this brand. 🤯🤯🤯

Reactions: 15
I don't understand the "identified by numbers" bit? Is that supposed to be edgy? Woke? All freaking lipstick shades in every single brand have a number attached to them? If its just the number as the identifier then why do they have a descriptor?

And sticking with the offensive nude term for a second - people don't need 3 different nude shades! Generally your skin would suit a pink-ish tint, or a brown colour? If its just a nude colour, you would only buy 1 shade wouldn't you? Not the bundle? I prefer pinky nude colours - I almost never use brown tints in lipstick???

Reactions: 10
Also where’s the business sense in launching with lipsticks when most of us are all still having to wear masks?? Maybe she is marketing it to the feral non mask wearers that I keep seeing in the supermarket despite it still being a rule that you need to wear them in shops!

Actually on my mask wearing note I notice that none of her staff are masked up as they ‘work’ on her website launch and they are working from a workplace not a private house! Just another rule you’re breaking there Chompers!

Just in case you deny rule breaking Sophie. As the ‘CEO’ it’s surely her job to make sure rules are being enforced??

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I’ve said this before so apologies for quoting myself, but it needs to be raised again in light of the great launch.

It is not an overreach to make the connection between the racist and historical Western fetishisation of Japanese culture and sexuality, and appropriating the Japanese word for ‘love’ for her brand in order to profit, despite it holding no cultural significance other than she went on a holiday there once.

The ‘nude’ product descriptors really top it all off.

Imagine being so blatantly racist, ignorant and foolish.
All of this. I can can’t believe she’s this ignorant in 2022. Fair enough if she didn’t understand the issues, but if you’re launching a business, it’s your job to do your research and to know this stuff. You can’t claim to be inclusive and for everyone and fail on such a basic level.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.