Sophie and Dave #55 Barnstormer Brown, Disney shoe throwing champion 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We got my 18 month old some duplo, Bluey toys because it’s his favourite thing in the world, clothes, pjs, books and a toy till. His favourite present is the cozy coupe car my mum and dad got him and he LOVES a toy trolley he got with some wooden fruit and veg. He pushes the trolley round and uses his till and puts the fruit and veg back in the trolley after using the till. The trolley and fruit were from Argos and cosy £30 total. £30 for a toy that’s providing hours of fun for him

Also my partners grandad got him this little book that if you press the pictures it teaches you the words and sounds and it’s great. If they were worried about barneys development why didn’t they get him something that would aid his talking

Reactions: 10
Obviously we are only speculating but it’s pretty obvious there’s delays then why not get him things that simulate him in other ways, dinosaur lava lamp for kids £7 Amazon, wooden letter blocks £10-£14, water paint mat £8 no mess just water, talking flash cards £16, pack of 6 flashy bouncy balls £9, I could go on and on and I don’t even have kids or want them but I know what I’d be doing! That’s about £55 I just mentioned no bank braking but stimulating and fun! And the cost of 1 of her dresses

Reactions: 6
It’s glaringly obvious that they got him things that could either klarna could be used for or that were ridiculously reduced in sales or something, nothing wrong with a sale purchase of course but when it’s them 2 who have just bought things as cheap as possible and tried to play it off as oh he’ll love it that’s when it’s an issue
I feel sorry for Barney in the sense of he’ll see his cousins have nice clean clothes that fit and are weather appropriate and have toys that they genuinely want
I know we witch about soafs sister but at least her kids are well looked after and have all their needs met
All Barney has is a roof over his head and that’s it
Can’t even count food on the table because let’s be honest what he’ll be fed won’t be nutritious food

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Surely some of his aunties or nannas bought him some educational age appropriate toys for christmas??

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I just can't believe that they've acknowledged that he's speech delayed but made no visible effort at all to use sign language with him. Even just 'more' or 'again' is so easy to teach and means the world to a little one who can finally communicate (and no, it won't delay his speech at all)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Watching James and Cary’s Whitaker’s Christmas clips (not sure if anyone here watches them) but the comparison of what they bought their 2 nearly 3 year old to Sophie and Dave is crazy. Play ice cream truck, little sit on bike/scooter, magnetic building blocks, water colouring mat.
They’re so chatty with her and always have been which is also a crazy comparison to Sophie and Dave, their little girl Amber is mega chatty and so advanced. (Sorry guys not starting a rave thread for James and Cary’s😂)
Obviously I know all children are different and progress at different rates and some kids have speech delays at no fault of their parents but I think in barneys case it’s obvious from what we see.

Reactions: 3
Sophie & Dave #56 Avatar ride lies, toddler filled with fizzy and fries, such pathetic little lives

Reactions: 35
Sophie and Dave #56 Their long awaited holiday to Florida was a flop. Dave telling porkies, no way he rode FOP.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
They have only a handful of comments on the Christmas vlog and Soaf has replied to each of them with a message, except for DisneyDonna's 😂

Surely she should be Brown-nosing Double D, as the one remaining potential customer of any future pin sale.
To be fair I’d also ignore a stranger on the internet who posted pictures of my son on her instagram 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do we think there will be a Disney haul? I'm guessing not. Pretty much all vloggers do a haul especially when they have been for 3 years & taken their kid for the first time. Also why didn't they pick up some Xmas bits in Orlando? Surely they did the obligatory visits to the Character Warehouse, Walmart and Target?!

• Haha
Do we think there will be a Disney haul? I'm guessing not. Pretty much all vloggers do a haul especially when they have been for 3 years & taken their kid for the first time. Also why didn't they pick up some Xmas bits in Orlando? Surely they did the obligatory visits to the Character Warehouse, Walmart and Target?!
Might as well after the Christmas “haul” but it will be tough to beat cupcake cases and a scrubbing brush!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’d love to see a haul consisting of fatty’s magnet again. Truly.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’d love to see a haul consisting of fatty’s magnet again. Truly.
That vlog is the last we will ever see of the magnet. If it hasn't been broken by Borney or eaten by chop then it will be at the bottom of a drawer.

I seriously doubt it will appear in any haul video as it means they need to continue the fable of FOP and would in all likelihood contradict what they had previously said.

Sticking it on the fridge will just remind Dave how he's a fat mess and yet again couldn't get on FOP so he's not going to do that.

Sophie's a right cow though so it may well end up on the fridge. Superglued.

• Haha
That Xmas vlog has to be one of the saddest things I’ve seen in a while. They lay in bed like a couple of slobs opening up dish scrubbers before going through to see if Santa had been (I know we only see what’s vlogger but that’s the impression they give).

And all the gifts had to be Disney theme. Not thinking about what would be good for the wee boys development or what he might like - he’s being conditioned to like Disney more than he may otherwise 😢

Reactions: 13
I just can't believe that they've acknowledged that he's speech delayed but made no visible effort at all to use sign language with him. Even just 'more' or 'again' is so easy to teach and means the world to a little one who can finally communicate (and no, it won't delay his speech at all)
Yes, my little niece at 17 months learned how to sign "more" all on her own from watching an ASL show her 7 yr old autistic brother (barely verbal - he just started talking at 5) was watching and began using it all the time! WTF will Barney ever learn from Avatar?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The slobbing around in the bed was so tedious. Christmas morning is the most exciting part! I can't imagine staying in bed for it.

Reactions: 7
Yes, my little niece at 17 months learned how to sign "more" all on her own from watching an ASL show her 7 yr old autistic brother (barely verbal - he just started talking at 5) was watching and began using it all the time! WTF will Barney ever learn from Avatar?
my 18 month old watches miss rachel and has learned sign for Mum,dad, more, food, thank you, milk and sleep
It’s so useful when he doesn’t know all his words yet but let’s be honest those 2 lazy twats wouldn’t put the energy in to learn sign even if it was to help Barney

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out but since when did the weekly speech therapy start?
also soph if he’s making massive progress already I think that tells people that maybe it was Barneys environment stopping his speech coming on…

Attachments

my 18 month old watches miss rachel and has learned sign for Mum,dad, more, food, thank you, milk and sleep
It’s so useful when he doesn’t know all his words yet but let’s be honest those 2 lazy twats wouldn’t put the energy in to learn sign even if it was to help Barney

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out but since when did the weekly speech therapy start?
also soph if he’s making massive progress already I think that tells people that maybe it was Barneys environment stopping his speech coming on…
I work with speech and language therapists daily. I can think of at least ten recommendations they could have put in that I have seen zero evidence of them implementing (thought they would only give you three or four to work on). You have to do stuff too Browns! They can’t just ‘fix’ him without your input…

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.