Sophie and Dave #5 Bought less for their baby than they did for Chip, now flogging pins for their Disney trip.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bets is it'll be for the house, they will still beg for #gifted baby things and then they will do another pin for babies first Disney trip next year 🙄
I agree and think that’s the most likely outcome. But they are running out of time to even get gifted items for the baby. And good luck to them in getting a mortgage if this is the income stream they choose. I’m sure fans will fund baby’s first trip to WDW but what after that? They’re limited after that to how much they can beg/sob for. Baby’s first tooth? Baby’s first day a school? 😹 It won’t all seem so tragic when they have their own home and are just nightmare parents for everyone to see. I think I’d rather have a steady job and a pension anyway. When they’re fifty/sixty I don’t think selling pins will work. “Pay for our dream of a pension.”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I agree and think that’s the most likely outcome. But they are running out of time to even get gifted items for the baby. And good luck to them in getting a mortgage if this is the income stream they choose. I’m sure fans will fund baby’s first trip to WDW but what after that? They’re limited after that to how much they can beg/sob for. Baby’s first tooth? Baby’s first day a school? 😹 It won’t all seem so tragic when they have their own home and are just nightmare parents for everyone to see. I think I’d rather have a steady job and a pension anyway. When they’re fifty/sixty I don’t think selling pins will work. “Pay for our dream of a pension.”
I don't think they'll be able to get a mortgage for a long time unless they happen upon a massive deposit.

You're so right though! I wonder what their end game is with all of this. I'm pretty sure they think they'll just switch to being a family channel and make a decent living from it. But if they can't be bothered to make content when neither is working, living at home and with no baby, where do they think their work ethic will suddenly spring from!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's interesting they have never been gifted a Disney trip like Jade and Matt. Or maybe not as their smaller channel etc but they must dream of it!!

Reactions: 2
So I checked online for Custom Enamel Pin prices and they would have been looking at about 50-60p per pin, plus no more than 5p for the printed card. (Presuming they had a starting order of 500) 1st class postage is 76p.

They are charging £9.50 including postage. £1 to Tommy’s.

£1.40ish is the cost to them including postage. So £7+ profit per pin to them.

515 orders so far so over £3500 in 2 hours! 🙈
They have sold 700 now... nearly 5k for nowt. They will not part with the donation money.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else think they forget they are a small channel, don't they only have 30k, and they act like they think they have a million subs

Reactions: 9
I wonder if there plan is to do this with the pins a couple of times and then they have a deposit.
My deposit was only 11500 that was then topped up with government help to buy scheme. I'm not sure in house prices though for that area. But they could always do the 5% deposit on a new build as well.

Reactions: 2
It's interesting they have never been gifted a Disney trip like Jade and Matt. Or maybe not as their smaller channel etc but they must dream of it!!
Problem is even their disney content is bad. Who wants to see them NOT ride flight of passage because Dave is too fat?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Has anyone reached out to them to tell them this was the wrong time for merch? These people paying£10 might suddenly lose their jobs, but S&D havent thought about that.
Just wondered if they're blockers, if they dont like what you're telling them

Reactions: 5
I wonder if there plan is to do this with the pins a couple of times and then they have a deposit.
My deposit was only 11500 that was then topped up with government help to buy scheme. I'm not sure in house prices though for that area. But they could always do the 5% deposit on a new build as well.
But surely for a mortgage you need proof you can pay it back, even with a deposit you still need to prove income. And if they want to declare income for this theyll need to pay tax on it-which I doubt they will

Reactions: 10
It's not the deposit that will be their issue, it's the affordability for a mortgage. They only have one (probably close to minimum) wage job and I doubt the YouTube earnings top their income up enough to be offered a decent size mortgage.

I think more than likely they are trying to save up to rent a large house, which means they will need quite a large deposit and even then, that's if they pass rental affordability checks!

Reactions: 4
But surely for a mortgage you need proof you can pay it back, even with a deposit you still need to prove income. And if they want to declare income for this theyll need to pay tax on it-which I doubt they will
Didn't think about that. You have to show 3 months payslips if memory serves. I wonder what Dave was in prior to being furloughed.

And to think I've been doing it wrong to support my family all these years by going out to work and earning a living 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Problem is even their disney content is bad. Who wants to see them NOT ride flight of passage because Dave is too fat?!?
Ok, I'm a massive Disney fan, I go every year and watch Disney vlogs 5/6 days a week. (Sad I know!) I am 26 so around the same age as Sophie so thought they would be perfect to watch. Boy was I so wrong. They are so boring! I did laugh when Dave got stuck at Target with no signal to call a taxi but other than that it's just him kissing Sophie's arse. Also, whenever they get sent gifts they seem so ungrateful.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They have to now as I emailed Tommy’s about this and they emailed me back to say they had a look at Sophie and Dave and look forward to their donation also they said they would contact them about it only because I was concerned they may con people into buying their silly pin
👏🏼👏🏼

Reactions: 5
Also, whenever they get sent gifts they seem so ungrateful.
The best one was when they admitted they just left them in the back of the car unopened for months. Then when they do open them Sophie makes no attempt to hide her disappointed that they're not EXACTLY what she likes. The way they treat their followers is simply appalling. This bubble will burst at some point. Fundamentally they're just not very nice people with zero personality or imagination. There are far better floggers out there and it's a crowded market. I don't blame them for rinsing as much as they can now because it's not going to last for much longer. Then they'll be left trying to survive on one minimum wage.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've just had to watch the Fop video, purely because I'm 5'10 with an enormous arse and my partner is a 6'4 rugby hulk and we got on with ease. I think the bashing of dave regarding his weight gets a bit out of hand and cruel sometimes but I really did have to see that for myself 😑

Reactions: 3
I love how they’re only highlighting how much they’ve “raised for Tommy’s” like that’s the reason the did it. £1 from every £8.50 they’re charging...It’s not that generous really is it?!
I donate to Tommy’s every month out of my own money, that I get up and go to work to earn.
They’re a great charity! However I don’t agree that they’re using them as emotional blackmail to get people to buy the damn pin when the reality is, they have no money, no job and no home of their own with a baby on the way and that’s only because of the decisions that they made . It’s sickening to be honest.
I’ve said this before but a lot of people are struggling at the moment, yet they seem to think it’s great to waste the money they do have on energy drinks, rice crispies and video games. They really need to to learn how to prioritise.
I’m 5 months pregnant and my baby has more clothes and better bedroom furniture than I have and he’s not even here yet.

Reactions: 7
I love how they’re only highlighting how much they’ve “raised for Tommy’s” like that’s the reason the did it. £1 from every £8.50 they’re charging...It’s not that generous really is it?!
I donate to Tommy’s every month out of my own money, that I get up and go to work to earn.
They’re a great charity! However I don’t agree that they’re using them as emotional blackmail to get people to buy the damn pin when the reality is, they have no money, no job and no home of their own with a baby on the way and that’s only because of the decisions that they made . It’s sickening to be honest.
I’ve said this before but a lot of people are struggling at the moment, yet they seem to think it’s great to waste the money they do have on energy drinks, rice crispies and video games. They really need to to learn how to prioritise.
I’m 5 months pregnant and my baby has more clothes and better bedroom furniture than I have and he’s not even here yet.
Same. I’m only 18 weeks and already bought nipple pads, a changing bag, a baby bouncer and some baby toiletries and first aid bits. And am only holding out on buying bigger items because we’re moving into a new build place late summer so don’t want to be carting a lot of things over before we move.
I just feel sorry for Barney. I also wonder how much nutrients that little baby is getting in there. Bananas, white bread and rice crispies are all so beige. She should be having lots of protein, 2-3 portions a day at least plus two half plates of fruits and veggies. Poor bubba will end up overweight and running off sugar like his parents.

Same. I’m only 18 weeks and already bought nipple pads, a changing bag, a baby bouncer and some baby toiletries and first aid bits. And am only holding out on buying bigger items because we’re moving into a new build place late summer so don’t want to be carting a lot of things over before we move.
I just feel sorry for Barney. I also wonder how much nutrients that little baby is getting in there. Bananas, white bread and rice crispies are all so beige. She should be having lots of protein, 2-3 portions a day at least plus two half plates of fruits and veggies. Poor bubba will end up overweight and running off sugar like his parents.
I know poor bubba indeed. She really needs to start looking after herself, because it’s not just her to think about.
I’ve been buying bit and bobs like baby toiletries, nappies and wipes for a month or so as part of my weekly shop. You do right to be getting things like that now, it’s so exciting buying things I don’t understand why they just haven’t bothered with anything 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.