Sophie and Dave #5 Bought less for their baby than they did for Chip, now flogging pins for their Disney trip.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With this money they’ve just made... they could approach a landlord and offer to pay a years worth of rent upfront. This may give the landlord incentive to rent to them while they sort their jobs out. I hope for Barneys sake they do this straight away and don’t just book a Disney trip for next year.

Reactions: 6
What’s £3K for the price of you selling out your own unborn child though? Imagine your own parents doing that to you and sticking a camera into your face while you don’t have the choice to say no. That boy will truly never forgive them I’m sure when he has no friends because all of their parents have told them to stay away from the unemployed exploitative vloggers house.

Reactions: 13
I have an adult son and I would be mortified if he lived his life like this. I don't know if soppy's mum is an enabler or is just trying ignore the pair of scroungers living in her house.

Reactions: 5
Just worked out how much they've earned from the pins. Absolutely unbelievable, who the hell are these people who are buying them. Note someone in the vlog commented saying they are going to donate to Tommy's directly. Funnily enough S&D didn't like that comment...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
£3605 they have made off them stupid pins.
Seriously, why do I bother even having a full time job? I may aswell just make a pin of my cat. She’s much cuter than chip.
I hope this is all declare to the taxman, though I doubt it with this pair!

Reactions: 14
Wow! Have you seen they’ve sold 515 pins! 😱 I just worked out what that is in real money...515 x £8.50 is £4,377.50 (minus the £515 for Tommy’s, equates to £3,862.50) Total madness!
I’m absolutely disgusted at this. I have to work for months to earn this. duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If they don’t use that money for chip, Barney and to give Sophie’s mum a new mattress even they actually move out they should hang their heads in shame, it’s disgusting!!!!
if they don’t announce how much they donate to Tommy’s I won’t believe they’re donating it!

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Bet most of the money will go on a 1k bugaboo pram.
I'm sure they will do another pin order as well.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Wow. People are losing their jobs, having to apply for uc, struggling to pay rent and bills..this is a very hard time but these two lazy scroungers sit and do nothing all day and get nearly 4k? I am lost for words.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Ok but, 3k really isn’t that much, considering they had to pay for the pins to be made and that high quality post card 😬

And in reality they can’t do another merch drop for a few months,

taking into account they buy so much pointless tit they’ll eat into that in no time.

nobody will rent to them with a dog and a newborn even if they can offer to pay 3k up front.

it’s a nice windfall but with a new baby it will be gone before you know it.

but after saying that, it’s a nice payout for doing absolutely nothing.

Reactions: 10
So I checked online for Custom Enamel Pin prices and they would have been looking at about 50-60p per pin, plus no more than 5p for the printed card. (Presuming they had a starting order of 500) 1st class postage is 76p.

They are charging £9.50 including postage. £1 to Tommy’s.

£1.40ish is the cost to them including postage. So £7+ profit per pin to them.

515 orders so far so over £3500 in 2 hours! 🙈

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
If they don’t use that money for chip, Barney and to give Sophie’s mum a new mattress even they actually move out they should hang their heads in shame, it’s disgusting!!!!
if they don’t announce how much they donate to Tommy’s I won’t believe they’re donating it!
They have to now as I emailed Tommy’s about this and they emailed me back to say they had a look at Sophie and Dave and look forward to their donation also they said they would contact them about it only because I was concerned they may con people into buying their silly pin

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Over 500 pins sold....

So I checked online for Custom Enamel Pin prices and they would have been looking at about 50-60p per pin, plus no more than 5p for the printed card. (Presuming they had a starting order of 500) 1st class postage is 76p.

They are charging £9.50 including postage. £1 to Tommy’s.

£1.40ish is the cost to them including postage. So £7+ profit per pin to them.

515 orders so far so over £3500 in 2 hours! 🙈
Absolute joke. Absolutely infuriates me that they think this is acceptable. What are they just gunna do a pin and beg every 6 months? If there is even a whiff of a Disney trip before they have bought a house those fans should be raging.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Over 500 pins sold....

Absolute joke. Absolutely infuriates me that they think this is acceptable. What are they just gunna do a pin and beg every 6 months? If there is even a whiff of a Disney trip before they have bought a house those fans should be raging.
I'll put money on a Disney trip before a house. This is the girl who spent her student loan on a Disney holiday, remember. No doubt we'll get the full faux tears act again telling us they "need" to go to Disney for their mental health after the stress of lockdown 🍿

Of course the saddest thing about preying on these poor unfortunate souls is when will they actually get these pins? Last time it took them literally months to send them out as, natch, it was too much like hard work. This time they'll have a newborn baby too. Barney will be at school before she gets round to sending them. But what does she care? The money is in the bank.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Wow how stupid do I feel saying I had no problem with them selling merch!?

All that money for sitting around doing nothing, makes me feel sick! I'm off to do an honest day's work for my money and I"ll sleep well tonight in my own home knowing that I at least have pride.

Reactions: 12
Well she’s definitely perked up on her stories hasn’t she now the money is rolling in. This has made me want to quit Instagram and social media completely. Sophie and Dave if you read here you are an absolute disgrace. Normal people would be ashamed but you clearly have no shame. And to keep talking about how much they’ve raised for charity like that was the main reason for them doing this. I might have had a bit more respect for them if they’d sent a bigger chunk to charity. I’ve never been as disgusted in all my life. That would take most people months to save. You absolute scroungers. I’d honestly rather earn my money (we have a house and kids and pay for it all ourselves) because even though a lot of sheep are saying how amazing this is you can guarantee there’s a lot of people who are completely embarrassed for them. It’s a lot of money but it won’t last long with these two so let’s hope they’ve got some more merch lined up to sell to the sheeples. Sorry for the rant but it actually makes me rage how disgusting these two are.

Reactions: 21
Thing is this money pretty much covers Sophie and Dave being out of work for three months. But unless they open an online shop it’s not really a viable income source. Like everyone has said, this money won’t last long and can only really be used to pay for one of the three things they want. Either stuff for their baby (pram, essentials etc), a deposit on a rental plus a bit of furniture to tide them over, or a Disney holiday. It won’t pay for all three. And now that they’ve earned what must be at least two to three months wages for Dave in one night they will be less inclined to have him go back to work. Meaning they will only get more and more lazy. And when their baby is six months/a year old people will be far less inclined to buy pins because the sob stories won’t be there. Right now is likely the most they can ever dream of earning from one thing.
All cash will dry up and eventually they will be left as two thirty-somethings with a terrible YouTube channel, safe in the knowledge they have sold out their unborn baby, no real steady income coming in, and no pensions.

Reactions: 14
Well she’s definitely perked up on her stories hasn’t she now the money is rolling in. This has made me want to quit Instagram and social media completely. Sophie and Dave if you read here you are an absolute disgrace. Normal people would be ashamed but you clearly have no shame. And to keep talking about how much they’ve raised for charity like that was the main reason for them doing this. I might have had a bit more respect for them if they’d sent a bigger chunk to charity. I’ve never been as disgusted in all my life. That would take most people months to save. You absolute scroungers. I’d honestly rather earn my money (we have a house and kids and pay for it all ourselves) because even though a lot of sheep are saying how amazing this is you can guarantee there’s a lot of people who are completely embarrassed for them. It’s a lot of money but it won’t last long with these two so let’s hope they’ve got some more merch lined up to sell to the sheeples. Sorry for the rant but it actually makes me rage how disgusting these two are.
They will never feel ashamed as long as there are people who continue to enable them, both deluded subscribers and fellow YouTubers.

I think it's even worse that they've chosen to do this now of all times.

Try not to let it get to you. Sophie and Dave will never put in enough effort to actually get anywhere long-term and so whilst they might have a win now, they're still in the awful position they've put themselves in and a few thousand won't change that long-term.

Thing is this money pretty much covers Sophie and Dave being out of work for three months. But unless they open an online shop it’s not really a viable income source. Like everyone has said, this money won’t last long and can only really be used to pay for one of the three things they want. Either stuff for their baby (pram, essentials etc), a deposit on a rental plus a bit of furniture to ride them over, or a Disney holiday. It won’t pay for all three. And now that they’ve earned when must be at least two to three months wages for Dave in one night they will be less inclined to have him go back to work. Meaning they will only get more and more lazy and when their baby is six months-a year old people will be far less inclined to buy pins because the sob stories won’t be there. This cash will dry up and eventually they will be left as two thirty-somethings will a terrible YouTube channel, having sold out their unborn baby, no real steady income coming in, and no pensions.
My bets is it'll be for the house, they will still beg for #gifted baby things and then they will do another pin for babies first Disney trip next year 🙄

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.