Sophie and Dave #48 We're going to need a bigger pebble Dave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're right it's a suffocation hazard but I wouldn't expect these two to know that as they don't have an ounce of common sense.
I never knew that till I read this and I have common sense...
But let's face it soph will read it and do nothing about it same as not getting a baby gate

No bleeping way did he do 30k steps. I think that’s the biggest lie they’ve come out with so far
Makes me cringe 🤣🙈
Dave, posting how may steps you have taken in a day has become irrelevant. Your goal is to lose weight. If what you are doing is not creating weight loss then you won't lose weight until you make a change.
I don't care if you walk 20,000 steps per day, have you been losing 2-3 pounds per week and keeping it off? It's either yes or no.
if no, then do something different.

Like talking to your doctor about it not helping.

But yeah, how many steps a day you take Dave is kind of moot right now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
No mention of the personal trainer anymore either, he probably got fed up of Daves crap too

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Dave, posting how may steps you have taken in a day has become irrelevant. Your goal is to lose weight. If what you are doing is not creating weight loss then you won't lose weight until you make a change.
I don't care if you walk 20,000 steps per day, have you been losing 2-3 pounds per week and keeping it off? It's either yes or no.
if no, then do something different.

Like talking to your doctor about it not helping.

But yeah, how many steps a day you take Dave is kind of moot right now.

This x1000000! Silly oaf.

Reactions: 2
No mention of the personal trainer anymore either, he probably got fed up of Daves crap too
Probably more likely they couldn’t afford the personal trainer anymore and will end up using him as an excuse like the whole GP excuse

Reactions: 8
Probably more likely they couldn’t afford the personal trainer anymore and will end up using him as an excuse like the whole GP excuse
What was the GP excuse ? They couldn’t take his blood pressure due to the size of his massive muscles ?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve been following her older sister for bit.

Christ, she’s bleeping insufferable. One of those women who acts like she’s the first mother ever and so full of humble brags.

She seems like such a cow. Makes me almost feel sorry for Soaf (I don’t).

Reactions: 21
What was the GP excuse ? They couldn’t take his blood pressure due to the size of his massive muscles ?
Dave thought he knew more than someone who'd spent in excess of a decade training in healthcare. Just a little word ...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If I remember someone asked if Dave had consulted with his GP about weightloss and he went into a rant about how he didn't trust GP's and he didn't need their advice as he knew what he needed to do. Obviously it worked out well...

I’ve been following her older sister for bit.

Christ, she’s bleeping insufferable. One of those women who acts like she’s the first mother ever and so full of humble brags.

She seems like such a cow. Makes me almost feel sorry for Soaf (I don’t).
The whole family seems to be horrid if you ask me like they are all God's gift, Soaf actually seems better than most of them and that says a lot!! Dave's family on the other hand seem lovely.

Reactions: 10
1E52AD04-C4C0-44CB-ABAA-A0CE1373369E.jpeg

unfortunately dave 5 years on you didnt make like dinosaurs and become extinct however you did make your weight figures go up and your heading for being extinct to Barney

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is what I don't get about dave and his denial about his weight
I went back to work this week after 10 months off for maternity and basically I've not been very organised and we've had a take away or some form of fast food and I've been dieting up until this point
I weighed myself today and noticed I gained 2 pound and I am mortified after working so hard to lose weight to fall off the wagon so much
How does dave not feel anything when he has weeks of possibly actually losing weight and then weighing himself and seeing he's starting to gain it back. How does that not concern him or has he genuinely convinced himself its muscle

This is what I don't get about dave and his denial about his weight
I went back to work this week after 10 months off for maternity and basically I've not been very organised and we've had a take away or some form of fast food and I've been dieting up until this point
I weighed myself today and noticed I gained 2 pound and I am mortified after working so hard to lose weight to fall off the wagon so much
How does dave not feel anything when he has weeks of possibly actually losing weight and then weighing himself and seeing he's starting to gain it back. How does that not concern him or has he genuinely convinced himself its muscle
I think your last sentence is spot on. He is entirely delusional, he thinks he's some kind of a strong man and it's all muscle.

If having Barney isn't enough to motivate Dave to lose weight, than nothing will. I think the way Soaf encourages his bad eating habits makes me think she has a nice life insurance policy on him and is just waiting for him to drop dead, which will happen soon enough if he doesn't take his health seriously.

I still wonder what the hell she saw in Dave to date or marry him, even if he was a working actor at the time. He isn't funny, he doesn't come across as very intelligent, his looks are meh, and is talent is even more meh....and did she really look at his body and say to herself wow I can't wait to get naked with that!? I have never delved into how they met, but why was she attracted to him, because even back then he was heavy? Unless she liked having that bit of power over him, like see how wonderful I am to be with YOU sort of thing?

If having Barney isn't enough to motivate Dave to lose weight, than nothing will. I think the way Soaf encourages his bad eating habits makes me think she has a nice life insurance policy on him and is just waiting for him to drop dead, which will happen soon enough if he doesn't take his health seriously.

I still wonder what the hell she saw in Dave to date or marry him, even if he was a working actor at the time. He isn't funny, he doesn't come across as very intelligent, his looks are meh, and is talent is even more meh....and did she really look at his body and say to herself wow I can't wait to get naked with that!? I have never delved into how they met, but why was she attracted to him, because even back then he was heavy? Unless she liked having that bit of power over him, like see how wonderful I am to be with YOU sort of thing?
From what I can gather is they met quite young and have been together ever since. I think she was 18 and he was early 20’s? I’m not sure if either have dated anyone else.

Reactions: 5
It just clicked what they remind me of, people who have a marriage pact like "If we're still single when we're 30 we will marry each other".

• Haha

I honestly think it is all about control and status. Dave is someone she can control as she clearly thinks she is better looking and status as he was a West End star. Dave probably couldn't believe his luck as he is aware of his weight and I think she still utilises that to this day.

The problem that I can see is that 1. Dave no longer has the status and 2. Dave is actually realising that "beauty" is only skin deep and is actually being manipulated and used. I still think he is terrified of losing her hence the "rockstar" comments but this has certainly become less and less in recent times.

She definitely is a feeder with Dave but I think she manipulates everyone, Dave, Barney, Chip her Flamily always feeding on fears and sympathy to suit her.

I think your last sentence is spot on. He is entirely delusional, he thinks he's some kind of a strong man and it's all muscle.
It's really odd with both of them, they seem to be of this mindset that if they say something then it's true and get all defensive when someone questions it. This is of course until they say the next thing, then this the truth and can't understand where the questions come from when they have said something contradictory in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.