Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ktydor

Chatty Member
He’s definitely in denial. Do you remember when he couldn’t fit on the Flight of Passage ride at WDW, and claimed it was because his calves were too muscly? I’ve been on that ride plenty of times and seen men with big calf muscles fitting on (Americans notoriously have great calves even on the biggest people). The thing about that ride is that there’s a back and leg restraint that needs to fit to keep you on the seat and if that won’t go on far enough they can’t let you on (because the ride tilts upwards and you might slip off). Blatantly couldn’t fit the restraint on his legs because he couldn’t slide forward on the seat properly as he’s so big. So either he’s lying to save face, or perhaps the cast members kindly told him his legs didn’t fit to save him the embarrassment of being told he’s so large to ride.
Denial all the way. After that incident I would have made it my goal to lose weight and fit on that ride.

Reactions: 16

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Anyone else think she could possibly have AN depression? Their circumstances have changed a lot since Sophie got pregnant and I doubt this is how they would have wanted their first pregnancy to go. Either way, I hope she doesn’t and it’s just down to bone idleness.
oh please, please, please don’t start this narrative....😂🤣😂🤣

why is there always an excuse 🤦‍♀️ This is her personality!

Maybe Dave has depression, maybe that’s why he has a weight problem and can’t say the word “family” correctly 😬

Maybe chip has depression,
maybe that’s why he’s getting a bit porkie lately.

not having a go at you 😉 but “depression” thrown at shitty behavior or a lazy attitude isn’t fair on people who do suffer from depression!

Ktydor

Chatty Member
Yeah because she knows what response she’ll get from the video.. sympathy, offers to send things, and people sending more money on their next chat 🙃
You’re so right.
Honestly if these two were from a council estate people wouldn’t look and dote upon them so fondly. They would be called ‘scroungers’ and people ‘not fit to have kids’. But because they both give off this faux twee sweetness they’re gifted items and given cash. It’s a cruel truth that a place of upbringing can change what people think about you from the outset.

“We don’t want to drag it out”

she says after already posting a live saying they’ve chosen the name, a video saying they’ve chosen the name and a video telling us their reveal idea!!

are they for real?!?

Ktydor

Chatty Member
I just see this as blatant guilt tripping.
‘If you don’t buy our shitty pins our baby will starve’
Surely a lot of people’s dreams are to be able to build a loving happy home for their children? But to make that dream happen people have to work hours away from their children (which is obviously upsetting to some parents).
I don’t dislike Sophie and Dave but they do annoy me. However this has really boiled my piss.
Sort your bloody lives out like most people in their late 20s and early 30s have to and stop relying on the generosity of your viewers to fund your pathetic, head-in-the-clouds lifestyle.
FFS.
YES. Nail on the head right here. Everyone else has to work the provide for their children. But these two useless idiots are far too lazy to do that.
And this is a child they planned for btw! Did they know they would be begging for cash for the poor kid back when they were in the supermarket spending £20 on prenatal vitamins? I reckon so.
Fans buy the pins, meanwhile Dave is only focused on his home gym and singing les mis, rather than providing for his own son.
They’ve spent more on Chip than they will spend on this baby.

• Angry

tiffycat

I rarely ever comment (because I don't think I ever have anything interesting to add that hasn't been said before) but this couple push me to my limits of annoyance.

I honestly think they would be far better being honest and transparent about their situation, making videos on having a baby on a (non-existent) budget and their journey out of this mess they've gotten themselves into. Instead, they've clearly been requesting/begging off insta-popular brands with high price tags! There's a huge community online of people sharing money saving advice (some of which on YouTube) so it's not like its a mystery of the alternatives. The fact they also seem to be begging for high value items is even more a kick in the teeth as not only could they not afford it themselves, they're promoting high value items at a time when there are so many financial difficulties ahead in this country.

Like so many people have said above, there is nothing to stop anyone on furlough undertaking temporary work so I don't see any reason why (if they're struggling as much as I suspect) Dave at the very least shouldn't be looking for a temporary role. Instead, they seem to just be banking on their lives generating money and their begging getting them all their baby buys.

Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better for typing it haha

Ktydor

Chatty Member
Their ‘worries and fears’?!?!? Weren’t they the ones who actively decided to have a baby? Covid19 or not, it’s nothing to do with the pandemic that they can’t provide for their own child. It’s their own sheer laziness and stupidity that’s gotten them into this.

• Heart

Notfeelingit

Sorry to double post but my partner saw this in their latest video... could that be one of those car seats that does stage 1-3 and also some flat pack baby furniture?
1D630528-4BF8-4291-960D-3E1E2289211D.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 15

MaryJaneShoes82

Chatty Member
I’m sorry but being in your 30s and neither of you having worked a career route they are not going to own a house. Most people have a mortgage of 30+ years now when they start out. If they got one next year that’d make Dave 65 by the time they’d paid it off. Seeings as they don’t have money for essentials I don’t see how they will save for a deposit in the next few years.

I’m not saying people can’t buy in their 30s but people with no work ethic or the inability to save won’t be buying. It’s a commitment which these two just don’t know how to do.

These two will never prioritise anything over going to Disney anyway, if they set themselves £20,000 to save for a deposit (which isn’t huge with prices as they are at the moment) they’d keep spending it every time they got to say £5k. These two don’t even prioritise their own child over going to Disney!

Even if they did scrape the money together who would lend to them anyway?

When Sophie was at home with her Mum when Dave was on tour she could of worked and saved everything she could Of, NMW at the time was £7.83 x 37 hours a week is over £16,000 a year. I’m sure she could of lived frugally (bearing in mind she isn’t a social butterfly and lives at home) and saved £10,000. Even if she’d of done it the opposite and saved 6,000 and lived off £10,000 obviously I know she would of had deductions to take out like tax etc, but come on! What a wasted opportunity, plus she could of been doing so much on her Sophie Belle channel.

• Heart

bsw123

VIP Member
I really think they need to pull the pins. This isn’t ok. That rainbow has significance that they’re obviously to ignorant to consider And the pins could actually be considered a “trigger” for some people. It’s extremely insensitive. absolute fucking idiots.

the fact That they’ve also signed the card from their unborn child is also extremely weird

Last edited:

cobette

VIP Member
The lack of pregnancy content, let's be real, the lack of ANY content, is absolutely down to sheer laziness.

Sophie has it made. They are living in the master bedroom with an en-suite, with the run of the house. They probably pay very little rent (if any), so no bills to worry about. Also, she doesn't have to worry about anyone pressuring her into getting a job for quite some time. The icing on the cake is she has a household of servants to tend to her every whim, and help care for her baby when he arrives.

There's no motivation to produce better content with the view of improving their situation, as Sophie doesn't see anything wrong with it. COVID is a convenient excuse for her, they would still be living with her mum even if it wasn't for the virus, there is no way Dave could afford to keep her in the manner she is accustomed even if he was still working.

MaryJaneShoes82

Chatty Member
This is a great post and has reminded me of what happened with the wedding. Because they didn't have the money for Princess Sophie's fairytale wedding she put her head in the sand and did FA prep. Didn't even try on wedding dresses and actually got quite arsey in vlogs when people were concerned that she didn't appear to appreciate how long it takes to organise a wedding. No surprise, everything ended up being horribly last minute and rushed and frankly it looked like a mess of jumbled ideas thrown together.

So she definitely has form for denial when real life isn't matching up to the fairytale dream.
Yes very true, when I said that I actually didn’t think about the wedding but 100% she didn’t get on with it because she knew it wasn’t the insta wedding she wanted.

I am honestly so shocked when I see her sister who is a complete go getter in life, a real over achiever and someone who’s worked hard for it all and then there’s Sophie and you just can’t understand how they’ve had the same upbringing.

I always thought she wanted a baby more than a career (again, understandable we all have different aspirations in life) and maybe when the time came we would see more from her... nope. Still,lazy, even a lovely baby can’t make this girl sort her life out.

Also, I just can’t with the pity party about the midwife appointments. Oh Dave can’t come in. *sad eyes* oh wow, my husband didn’t come to any midwife appointments because most men don’t, some men dont even have the time off for scans, get a grip Sophie. Most households have two people who work, I know this seems like an Alien concept for you but it is the norm.

Ktydor

Chatty Member
Ugh Dave’s stories. If only he was as passionate about providing for his family as he is for energy drinks. I worry about the amount of caffeine he needs while doing nothing essentially. When the baby comes along and he’s getting no sleep he’ll need double the amount of caffeine surely just to get through the day. Which can’t be good for his already straining heart.

I think I’m just bitter that as always sophie is all - woe is me. And yet I’ve not been able to even see my mum since all this covid stuff started. I even had to tell her I was pregnant via a Mother’s Day card, as I couldn’t /can’t risk travelling to see her and I was nearing 2nd trimester. I feel absolutely gutted about it, and yet ‘poor old Sophie’ gets to see her mum every day and has even seen her dad in this time. Not denying anyone that but I don’t think she knows how good she has it in some respects.

• Heart

cobette

VIP Member
Anyone else think she could possibly have AN depression? Their circumstances have changed a lot since Sophie got pregnant and I doubt this is how they would have wanted their first pregnancy to go. Either way, I hope she doesn’t and it’s just down to bone idleness.
The thing that baffles me about these two is that they KNEW their circumstances were going to change before they decided to try for a baby. They KNEW Dave's contract was coming to an end. They KNEW this meant they would probably have to give their house up. Their finances didn't change overnight. Yet they got pregnant regardless. If I was in their shoes I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. The lack of forward thinking is mind-boggling.

Given that Dave's career choice has a huge lack of job security Sophie should have(a very long time ago) taken on the mantle of primary breadwinner, even if that meant working FT in a minimum wage job. If she had they would likely still have a home and be able to afford all the things you need for a new baby. It is very sad that they are unable to enjoy this pregnancy and it is all of their own doing.

Reactions: 14

Peachylace

Chatty Member
Someone needs to tell her this baby is coming covid or not, house or not. She's burying her head in the sand big time. Yeah, having a baby is scary, more so now with covid but they have to get on with it? They chose to leave a house/job, they chose to have a baby. Like I have 0 sympathy.

Reactions: 14