Sophie and Dave #12 scrounging 9-5 what a way to make a living

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will Sophie be donating any of her Betty Crocker fee to Macmillan? I’m blocked but I’m sure she will read this and answer.

It’s got Brogan Tate race for life-gate feelings all over it.

Reactions: 23
I don't get it. No money from buying the betty crocker mix that she's advertising goes to Macmillian so where is the partnership.

So I guess the point is to use the mix to make cakes and raise money at a coffee morning but it still doesn't make much sense to me. Her ad is for Betty Crocker not the coffee mornings, it's like that's a cover to make her look better for doing it...

Or is she hosting a coffee morning? Seems weird during these times, she can only have 3 other people round for it.
Seems an odd thing to promote when a lot of the country is in local lockdown and can't have anyone round to their house.

I hope her fee for the ad is going to macmillian (ha as if!)

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Exactly! I find it so insulting. She has all the time in the world - no matter what “project” they are working on it doesn’t equal full time hours. They are both at home. She has Dave there to support her when most mums are on their own at this point because dads paternity would have finished. Some mums are even thinking of going back to work at this point if they can’t afford to live off their maternity pay!! She is living in an absolute dream world. I genuinely just can’t get my head around them and how they are so comfortable begging. If I were them and had a child I’d take any opportunity to give my family financial security and have one parent working. The ridiculously low effort they put into their channel which is meant to be both of their jobs is shameful, the content their produce would take max an hour to edit so could easily be done around Dave working.
Yes what also would concern me is when the YouTube channel dries up in the future. What will they do? They'll most likely have two children by then too. Employers won't be as interested because they both won't have as much relevant work experience as other more suitable candidates, especially in today's climate.

It's quite a risk just trying to live off vlogging. Even if they are not prepared to work then at least they should be building up their skills for when they do need to return to the workplace.

They actually live in a fantasy land where they fund sweet duck all and think YouTube will sustain them for life. They've both got at least another thirty years until retirement, they need to be adding to their skillset instead of releasing a pin and thinking that doing that will provide them with an income to tide them over.
It's even more important now they have kids to fund, and these children will be learning a work ethic from them too!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wait I'm confused, she done an ad for Betty Crocker but none of the money goes to charity? She could of hosted a coffee morning and had a couple of people from her family round at a time throughout the day or even left some cake on the doorstep then donated any money they raised..Will she be donating? Or did she just bake a box cake?

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Bloody hell, Betty Crocker could at least donate a small portion of the sales to Macmillan to help them out. Why associate if they aren't helping either? It's like me saying you you, buy a chocolate bar from me, oh and while you are at it, you donate some more of your money to charity while we profit 100% from the sale of chocolate bar.
Some brands at least do the typical "20 pence from each sale goes to Charity XYZ".

Lame

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Oh god daves so proud of her for making a cake 🤦🏻‍♀️ Do we think Dave is overly loving or Sophie demands this praise from him?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I don’t get the ad. So Betty Crocker are sponsoring coffee mornings but no money from the sale of Betty Crocker mixes goes to MacMillan. Why pay these lazy pair to promote mixes when they could have given the money to MacMillan directly? I’m more likely to be charitable off my own back, than from these two beggars telling me to do it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes what also would concern me is when the YouTube channel dries up in the future. What will they do? They'll most likely have two children by then too. Employers won't be as interested because they both won't have as much relevant work experience as other more suitable candidates, especially in today's climate.
Rather ironically, vlogs of this I would pay £££ to see :ROFLMAO: I can't even hate watch their vlogs anymore as they are such a pair of insipid scrounging bastards but I would love a front row seat on watching them pack up their YouTube channel and attempt to make an honest living like the rest of us mere mortals.

I actually think I would die laughing. What a way to go :D

• Haha
Reactions: 16
To be fair, I can't think of anyone better to promote a brand that actively promotes laziness, no need to engage your brain and is completely tasteless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Its a bit like promoting Nike trainers, that you could wear while doing race for life for example. No money from buying the trainers would go to the charity and no money that she makes from the partnership is going to the charity either. Hmmm I feel like they are using the 'charity card again!

• Angry
Reactions: 12
This has frustrated me beyond belief. I really really like Betty Crocker mixes (I’m not even going to lie, I can’t bake, I can just About switch an oven on) but now I’m gonna have to boycott these.

Reactions: 11
I’ve had a lot to catch up on, I’ve taken a hiatus from these two. Perhaps it would have been best to stay on it as apparently things have gotten worse.

Poor Dave - there is a mark on his leg in the Pumpkin picture on Instagram. I don’t remember having seen it before so I can’t help but wonder if it is health related. My heart goes out to his weight condition (and that only).

Sophie has only gotten worse in her rottenness. That WHOLE family revolves around her and all she wants to have / do / “accomplish.” I’m all for following your dreams but there is something so domineering about her underneath the girl-next-door persona. I can’t help but feel she’s the type to suffocate anything that conflicts with what she wants in the exact way she wants it. That whole “I just go with the flow” is a lot of rubbish. The whole Lofa beg proves just that.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. They should never of left London. 2017 was the best vlogs of their channel. Sophie pulled double shifts to pay for things she wanted and Dave was working out and much healthier looking. They had friends(as few as they were) and goals and even a dash of character.

It’s a shame to see how terrible they have become. I truly hope youtube fizzes our for them soon so that baby can have a chance at a normal life.

Screenshot_20200925_122205.jpg

Excellent job dodging the question there! All of the sponsorship money goes to Sophie and dave of course!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Could it be Betty Crocker are just proving a point that any idiot can use their products and actually make something edible?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Its a bit like promoting Nike trainers, that you could wear while doing race for life for example. No money from buying the trainers would go to the charity and no money that she makes from the partnership is going to the charity either. Hmmm I feel like they are using the 'charity card again!
Exactly! I think it’s actually quite wrong of Betty Crocker to jump on a charitable event tk try and make money from it? It would be different if they had a special range where you could buy their mixes especially for a coffee morning and X percent of the sale goes to Macmillan but it’s totally wrong IMO for them to use this as a money making tactic - and wrong of S&D to take the ad!!! It’s like if there was an event to raise money for breast cancer awareness and checking your breasts and bra company trying to sell bras from it, like you say Nike using race for life to sell trainers etc. Just feels wrong.

It's quite a risk just trying to live off vlogging. Even if they are not prepared to work then at least they should be building up their skills for when they do need to return to the workplace.

They actually live in a fantasy land where they fund sweet duck all and think YouTube will sustain them for life. They've both got at least another thirty years until retirement, they need to be adding to their skillset instead of releasing a pin and thinking that doing that will provide them with an income to tide them over.
It's even more important now they have kids to fund, and these children will be learning a work ethic from them too!
Exactly! Like where is the long term plan? Especially if Sophie has now set herself up as wanting to be a stay at home mum they must realise they can’t both be at home? Especially if they want more children. Pin sales aren’t gojng to last forever

Reactions: 11
So did Sophie host a coffee morning? And did she state how much she raised for charity? It seems like the ad is missing the most important part

Reactions: 7
View attachment 254690

Excellent job dodging the question there! All of the sponsorship money goes to Sophie and dave of course!
Uuuuggghh this is awful. Puts S&D in a really bad light!

What about donating some of the sponsorship money to Macmillan Soph?! Surely that would be a nice gesture than you just wholly profiting from it.

#Fuming

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.