Sophie and Dave #10 Dave relaxing 4 all he's worth, he deserves it after his miracle birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t stand Dave whining about not being able to go Into appointments.

Most Dad’s would be back at work now, he’s not even able
to drive Sophie there. I can’t believe he’s in his mid 30s

Reactions: 24
I can’t stand Dave whining about not being able to go Into appointments.

Most Dad’s would be back at work now, he’s not even able
to drive Sophie there. I can’t believe he’s in his mid 30s
Same here! I’m 37 weeks pregnant, my hubby wasn’t able to come to the 20 weeks scan which was unavoidable with the pandemic etc. As regards to midwife appointments, I know everyone’s different but I wouldn’t expect my husband to attend those. It’s literally a 10 minute appointment, would be more hassle than it’s worth with getting in and out of work for him 🤷🏼‍♀️
I don’t know why he feels like he’s missed out to be honest. They’ve literally been together for like 5 months of her pregnancy

Reactions: 13
He’s had a lot more than my husband had with either of mine and neither of hem
were born during a pandemic. Very strange he won’t address the job situation

Reactions: 13
I think she has tried really hard. Though I did always wonder what she would do if he had an allergy and had to cut out dairy! No choc buttons!!

Reactions: 7
I really feel for Sophie. You can see she’s doing her absolute best and she’s just so defeated at the moment.

Reactions: 6
I think she thought having a baby would be easy and sadly now realising it isn’t. But I feel bad for her because she doesn’t have support. She mentioned in the birth blog she didn’t think Barney had fed properly and Dave just dismissed her concerns

Reactions: 11
Haven’t watched the vlog yet, Dave gives me serious rage. He dismisses her concerns all the time, he lets on he’s supporting her but in fact is doing the bare minimum. We saw her doing housework a few times and him barely any - now this could be strategic editing like how Leigh in the Lodge Guys does showing the other person’s sneakiness and not your own - however I don’t think it is.

It took him 3 dreary dragged out days to put a chest of drawers together which was absolutely ridiculous. I thought maybe Hemnes unit is complicated but yesterday I put a Hemnes sideboard together singlehanded in about 2 hours and was easy. However, the enthusiasm and speed with which he put the gym bench together was a complete contrast! Seems he will do things if it’s for himself.

The dog on the bare mattress the other night gave me the boke 🤢 poor dog looks like his nose is completely out of joint. He’s meant to be on a diet and yet they said they gave him extra treats and no sign of them walking him much at all. Dave should be taking him and the baby for long walks to let Sophie rest or shower without being on a stopwatch almost.

Very interested to see if she stops BF now, if things then change and Dave steps up. I think Barney would benefit from being combi fed or even solely formula and there’s no shame in giving up if he’s not thriving, fed is best.

Reactions: 12
I'm glad Sophie has been listening to her gut with regards the feeding, the tongue tie etc, she knew something wasn't right and she got it looked into. Fed is best especially if it means Barney gains the weight he needs. Keep listening to that instinct Soph, and ignore Dave when he dismisses your concerns.

Reactions: 12
Dave irritates me so much. Sitting in the car saying ‘this is the worst part’ I would have thought the worst part is that Barney is/was struggling to feed. My partner had to go back to work 2 days after all our children were born. The fact Dave got to sit outside and he’s still at home is a luxury most fathers don’t have but he’s still moaning.

Reactions: 24
I think she thought having a baby would be easy and sadly now realising it isn’t. But I feel bad for her because she doesn’t have support. She mentioned in the birth blog she didn’t think Barney had fed properly and Dave just dismissed her concerns

I know what you mean in general with her thinking a baby would be easy. I agree. But with the breast feeding I think for many people it is so much harder than expected. I can't fault her on that part.

Reactions: 8
serious question 🙂

what is the logic behind cup feeding? It looks almost dangerous pouring it into his mouth 😱 i know that they discourage (or used too, mine are all adults now) that you don’t bottle feed if you want to breast feed etc but what I don’t understand is that if they had already identified him as a poor feeder as in suck to swallow ratio, surely by pouring the milk in, he isn’t even developing a sucking technique and couldn’t this have made it worse as in more of a lazy feeder?

honestly this is an genuine question, i wasn’t able to bf any of mine, middle one had a tongue tie which wasn’t dealt with until he was 2 and the other 2 ended up on uv light because they were jaundiced, so i feel her disappointment in beng unable to.

Reactions: 1
serious question 🙂

what is the logic behind cup feeding? It looks almost dangerous pouring it into his mouth 😱 i know that they discourage (or used too, mine are all adults now) that you don’t bottle feed if you want to breast feed etc but what I don’t understand is that if they had already identified him as a poor feeder as in suck to swallow ratio, surely by pouring the milk in, he isn’t even developing a sucking technique and couldn’t this have made it worse as in more of a lazy feeder?

honestly this is an genuine question, i wasn’t able to bf any of mine, middle one had a tongue tie which wasn’t dealt with until he was 2 and the other 2 ended up on uv light because they were jaundiced, so i feel her disappointment in beng unable to.
I have no idea but I think it was suggested by the hospital - so it’s come from someone with a brain at least.

Reactions: 2
anyone know what money they're living off? I dont know about money and ad revenue from youtube but their views arent that high so surely they cant live off that? How is she not telling Dave to go and get a job- he's an embarrassment.

serious question 🙂

It's to stop them getting a bottle preference and refusing the breast

Reactions: 4
anyone know what money they're living off? I dont know about money and ad revenue from youtube but their views arent that high so surely they cant live off that? How is she not telling Dave to go and get a job- he's an embarrassment.
Well...Dave was furloughed from his job. However he won’t seem to address it, no matter how many times people ask if he’s still furloughed or when he’s going back to work etc.
I can’t see that they’d be able to sustain much of a wage from their channel either.
I mean they made about 10k from the pin sales so maybe they’re using that to live off? I know they spent money on pointless tit when they first moved but nothing major. And let’s be honest they’ve had everything given for the baby so it’s not like they’ve spent any money there. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

Per 1,000 views they roughly make something like £11.00

So weeks they are doing 5 Vlogs with 10,000 views each they make roughly £550 a week, so if they could stick at it they could be making £28,000+ not massive for a household with two capable adults but knowing the jobs these two have had in the past I wouldn’t be surprised if that is what their combined incomes amount to. Sophie hasn’t ever worked full time and Dave has always been in an unskilled job. I think they’ve packed in jobs and plan to do YT full time.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.