Sophdoeslife (aka Sophdoesnails)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she adopted a perfect instapuppy, she wouldn’t have taken any kind of dog. Most dogs who need adopting aren’t as cute as that dog.

I refuse to call it pinky.

even a puppy can’t save her. She’s mind numbingly boring 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I like Soph and I think the fact she’s “boring” works for her. It means she’s genuine, unproblematic and isn’t stuffing her face with fillers. She shares what she likes, she does ads with products we know she likes. I think she’s done so well cos people can actually relate to her and almost see her as a friend rather than an influencer. That’s why I still watch her whereas I’m fed up of all the

Reactions: 30
she adopted a perfect instapuppy, she wouldn’t have taken any kind of dog. Most dogs who need adopting aren’t as cute as that dog.

I refuse to call it pinky.

even a puppy can’t save her. She’s mind numbingly boring 😐
Me and my boyfriend have been looking to adopt as we need a friend for our 8 year old dog once we move.

1: Do you know how rare it is to find puppies! Or young dogs for that matter.
2:Its so hard to go through the process. They want to know if you have children, if you both work full time and how long the dog will be alone etc.

I’d really love to know how she managed to get this dog to adopt. I don’t watch all her videos so sorry if she’s mentioned it but part of me doesn’t believe it’s adopted and she’s bought it. There’s nothing wrong with that but she shouldnt lie and make it seem like it’s easy to adopt when it really isn’t. If she is lying I can kind of understand as what happened to Molly Mae and her puppy. Even before the dog died people said she’s should be adopting and not buying extremely expensive puppies.

Has she shown what company/rescue centre she used?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
She talked about it in one of her videos. She said that they were first applying at a bigger rescue in London but that they had a lot of applicants. They then found a smaller rescue and applied there. They had do to a few phone calls and a house check via video call. She didn't say the name of the rescue in her video but she said on insta that she's from No Boundaries Do and you can find a pic of Pinky on their facebook page

Reactions: 12
You can look on the No Boundaries Dog page on Facebook and there’s a pic of Soph and James with Pinky so they definitely adopted her. The proof is there.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you I just wondered as me and my boyfriend haven’t had any luck and I know others who have tried too. I’ll definitely look into it. I do admire Sophie for not getting an expensive breed and adopting and you can tell shes got a dog for all the right reasons and that it will be well looked after.

Reactions: 2
I’m getting a little bit bored of the skinny dip collections. Always stars and moons, which I like, it would have just been cooler if each collection had a different theme instead of the same one!

Reactions: 17
I’m getting a little bit bored of the skinny dip collections. Always stars and moons, which I like, it would have just been cooler if each collection had a different theme instead of the same one!
Yea always the same bit like in the style same 😆

Reactions: 2
I know what you mean with the Skinny Dip stuff, I know she likes that style but 3 collections? I’m not knocking Soph and it is all very pretty but I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between each collection

Reactions: 8
Hear me out:
Sophie is not good at makeup at all but checks all the boxes in the European Standard of Beauty so her awful eye looks and boring beats go overlooked.

Lol, sorry to be random but her thumbnail for her testing the Raw Beauty Kristi collab was the first thing I saw when I opened YouTube just now and YIKES!! The makeup is horrendous.

• Haha
She has the weirdest figure
so I just got a notification for this comment and I have to quote myself and say I don’t where this came from but it didn’t come from a good place. I can’t actually believe I wrote it. I forgot I even posted it until now. I hope I didn’t offend anyone and I feel pretty tit about even writing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hear me out:
Sophie is not good at makeup at all but checks all the boxes in the European Standard of Beauty so her awful eye looks and boring beats go overlooked.

Lol, sorry to be random but her thumbnail for her testing the Raw Beauty Kristi collab was the first thing I saw when I opened YouTube just now and YIKES!! The makeup is horrendous.
I 100% agree! She’s just not very good at blending and uses wayyyy too big of brushes that are also never clean. When she did the lower lash line on the RBK x colourpop review I internally screamed, it was so ugly. It frustrates me because her stans in the comments are always like ‘you’re so good at makeup’, when she really isn’t compared to some of the lesser known artists that deserve more recognition.

Reactions: 7
She’s a pretty girl, don’t get me wrong. I just find it funny that her channel is based around beauty and makeup and she’s... not good at it.

She’s a pretty girl, don’t get me wrong. I just find it funny that her channel is based around beauty and makeup and she’s... not good at it.
Tbh she has the following she has as she started at the right time and brands work.with her as she has a huge following shes also pretty unproblematic. However her skills are lacking and don't show the products that well

Tbh she has the following she has as she started at the right time and brands work.with her as she has a huge following shes also pretty unproblematic. However her skills are lacking and don't show the products that well
I totally agree with this. I just think she was lucky. Right place right time. She’s a nice girl so that’s probably why her following started to grow, and she’s very inoffensive and unproblematic so that’s why she’s got all the brand deals. She’s just very lucky to have got into YouTube when she did. I feel like if she started now she just wouldn’t stand out in the crowd.

Reactions: 10
And she’s unproblematic because she never has a real opinion. She’s never passionate about anything unless it’s a completely vanilla topic. And when there IS something controversial going on in her sphere, she ignores it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
And she’s unproblematic because she never has a real opinion. She’s never passionate about anything unless it’s a completely vanilla topic. And when there IS something controversial going on in her sphere, she ignores it.
That’s exactly it. She doesn’t really give a view on anything. I think brands know she’s a safe bet as she won’t criticise anything, therefore probably getting them a few sales

Youre right she definitely does this which tbh could be problematic as she and her audience grow older you live life and values and morals can change if she doesn't make a strong stance she won't stand the test of time. Though I do think people are foolish to believe they can live forever off of youtube videos everyone has a shelf life

Youre right she definitely does this which tbh could be problematic as she and her audience grow older you live life and values and morals can change if she doesn't make a strong stance she won't stand the test of time. Though I do think people are foolish to believe they can live forever off of youtube videos everyone has a shelf life
Totally agree. There’s nothing wrong with having an opinion. You can say you don’t like a product but be respectful.
And I agree with your last point. I’m glad she’s invested her money wisely and got herself on the property ladder, but I do worry what she will do for a job once the YouTube career dries up. She has always seemed quite sensible in my opinion so I hope she’s doing something behind the scenes. It’s always worth having a back up plan.

Reactions: 7
It really annoys me how she’s made money from makeup collections with her name on. She hasn’t had any training. We all watch makeup video and learn a thing or two but that doesn’t make us MUA’s. If she wants to go in the makeup direction she should at least get some training. I’d also love to see her do makeup on a friend. I bet she wouldn’t have a clue what to do. I will give her one compliment though, I love how she always shows pores and her smile line crease. One of the reasons I stopped watching Nikki Tutorials is because she made me feel so down about by makeup as my skin never looked like hers. Nikki uses a very big, bright light to make her skin look like that I’ve learned and it doesn’t look like that in person.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.