Slopalong: Cooking with Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
De-lurking to mention this after reading the rice pudding recipe; the instructions Jack gives on not refrigerating the rice before it's cool is exactly the opposite of what's safe. From her recipe:
"A word on rice – do not put it in the fridge while warm. Rice is one of the top causes of food poisoning, caused by little spores that thrive in warm conditions. Allow it to cool completely before putting it in the fridge, then reheat within 24 hours to piping hot. I like you lot, don’t be gung ho with your own health on tbis one." [sic]

from good housekeeping (which they quote from the NHS):
Serve rice as soon as it has been cooked. If being left to chill, make sure that it cools as quickly as possible (ideally within an hour) and keep in the fridge for no more than a day

so kids, don't do what jack says here because it's bullshit and dangerous

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I have actually had a courgette chocolate cake before and it was absolutely delicious. I doubt this one will be.
That’s what I’m thinking…. Even the picture looks 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 17
My adventure begins. If I don't post again within 48 hours assume I have food poisoning and send an ambulance. I assume they will find me via my eye pea.

IMG_20221103_121859.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 94
I have actually had a courgette chocolate cake before and it was absolutely delicious. I doubt this one will be.
A courgette teabread is a delightful thing. Never added choc but I think it would work.
Not Jack’s. That won’t work but the recipe for a standard courgette teabread comes out lovely.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It would seem fitting that I attempt the Pumble. But I think it’s been done before from memory? This thread is like sunshine for the soul. Thanks to all the brave fraus already on their slop mission 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It would seem fitting that I attempt the Pumble. But I think it’s been done before from memory? This thread is like sunshine for the soul. Thanks to all the brave fraus already on their slop mission 🥰
I dont think there is any rule prohibiting repeats, and if anyone is permitted to make a pumble it is you dear heart x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.