Slopalong: Cooking with Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MavisBeacon pina colada bread
I'm almost tempted to try this and see how bad it is.

German review please, I think Jack is in dire need of brutal honesty.

Reactions: 27
Every time a new slop is posted I feel a little frisson of excitement!
Excellent work. Question is, is it 1- rank or 2- terrible?

Reactions: 35
Pop a slice in your pocket, make that cake do double duty as a hand-warmer.

Reactions: 33
Baked for an hour and look how bloody flat it is! Despite the oven being at the right temp and following the recipe properly. It looks nothing like Jack's photo. I felt gaslight by the recipe, what did I do wrong?
View attachment 1707485
Just glancing at that photo I thought it was the top of the (perhaps silicone?) pan, and that was the part of the loaf that had risen over the edges. But no, that's the entire loaf.

You people are my heroes.

Reactions: 47
It's all well and good making a Jackslop but I will send cashos to the first maniac willing to make a Slopbot recipe.

Reactions: 70
I keep bursting out laughing at the fact she actually published a recipe entitled "crappucino".

Like I just can't get my head around it. WTF.

Reactions: 45
You were FORENSIC. Chapeau. Commiserations on the outcome.

Welcome to the club of people who’ve failed to make Jack’s slop edible despite all best efforts.

It looks so sad and soggy. Could you save it by frying slices in butter, kind of like french toast?

Reactions: 26
Every time a new slop is posted I feel a little frisson of excitement!
Excellent work. Question is, is it 1- rank or 2- terrible?
Definitely fucking rank!

It looks so sad and soggy. Could you save it by frying slices in butter, kind of like french toast?
I'm not sure, fried banana and raspberries sounds.... not very apetising. I do have vegan butter but it's too expensive to waste on slop. I might freeze it to keep as a constipation cure though.

Reactions: 31
I keep bursting out laughing at the fact she actually published a recipe entitled "crappucino".

Like I just can't get my head around it. WTF.
From someone who wangs on about their Greek heritage too. The home of the frappe.

Reactions: 25
@overdueanadventure that was amazing. Thankspaceyou for all you do, tender one.

I’m not clear on what made Jack think that slop has any connection to Cuba. I assume she was going for something like a ropa vieja whilst omitting most of the key ingredients.

Reactions: 29
I cannot wait. Mr Beacon will be cooking while I bark instructions and do commentary. I am so intrigued to see what a half soda bread half yeasted bread comes out like. I suspect disgusting
Here’s a pre-review recycled from Matt Tebbut “terrible!” I’m sure he will sign the paperwork for me to use the quote here.

Reactions: 32
Definitely fucking rank!

I'm not sure, fried banana and raspberries sounds.... not very apetising. I do have vegan butter but it's too expensive to waste on slop. I might freeze it to keep as a constipation cure though.
Could you store it under your bed to use as self defence if burglar Bill comes calling? THEN you could fry it. It would be like that lamb leg episode of Tales Of The Unexpected.

Ummmm looking at that made me retch, fair play to you for making and then eating a bit.

Reactions: 25
The frogs escaping the swamp hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.