Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something was gently whispering to me to wake up... LJC that is the best yet @binkbonk Amazing production skills!

I won't be able to go back to sleep now for fear of the pineapple eyes watching me.

Reactions: 40
@binkbonk that was amazing! however it was a bit wasteful of you to hire a professional film making company to do the film, edit and sound production, unless you crowdfunded for that?
Because I’ve seen amateur videos made by Jack and yours was clearly made by a team of professionals

Reactions: 71
As payment, I will offer my cuisine as tribute. I may even traumatise my sideboard.
I've just realised that I don't even have a sideboard. Am I poor?

Am I going to be condemned to eating jack's recipes as if I'm poor I obviously lose access to any common sense. (Actually scratch that as I am the owner of the first 6 books, but not the 7th. Dear heart) - is this hell?

Reactions: 22
I hope Jack watches your video and never has a peaceful night's sleep ever again.

Ah, it's even funnier the second time watching

Reactions: 35
I've been doing 100 hour weeks on that video, please send cashos so I can continue this vital work

Reactions: 74
Vlad is showing me ads for berry flavored tinned drink mixes. I'm going to practice for Dry January by following Saint Jack's advice and mixing in some vinegar. Bottoms up!

@binkbonk I first watched this on the train and didn't realize I had the sound muted on my phone. The soundtrack music and sound effects are Brilliant work! If I had any inclination to try the Pickin' Balls, I certainly don't now

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Thank you all, I’ve got a new baby and this thread is keeping me going through night feeds.

I’ve bought a tin of prunes, and am gearing up to try the shit yourself smoothie from tin can cook. I’ve been strongly warned by midwives to keep my fibre intake up as postpartum constipation is not something to mess with.

the question I need answers to is what is a scant teaspoon? I know level, rounded and heaped is it a different volume to any of these? I’ve read the word so many times it has no meaning, google tells me it means “inadequate amount”. I need to add an inadequate amount of spices?

Reactions: 57
I won't be able to go back to sleep now for fear of the pineapple eyes watching me.
would it help to imagine the pineapple eyed face as a friendly little slopalong mascot? With a fork for an arm and knives for legs ?

Excellent slopping from everyone. I’m relieved to say that none of the slops make me want to any of your kitchens to gently softly gobble up your leftovers ( and I have a low bar for what counts as edible atm )

Reactions: 65
No harm to her but that seems like a lot of milk for one dish too. When we were little my mum bought a 4 pinter every day, yet she reluntantly wasted it on dishes like that, when we needed it for cereals and to drink. People on the bones on their arse who have something like milk would be so sad at wasting all the milk on something so foul, when they could have used it to give their kids or themselves cereal, cups or tea or a little glass to drink. She is appalling.

Reactions: 20
You're amazing, @binkbonk. I had to fire up the laptop so I could watch it again on a bigger screen. The music! Perfection! My one criticism is that your hands are immaculate. It was somewhat jarring to see them alongside the rancid slop.

The sprout scones made me furious. HOW are they ever going to cook and rise properly in a frying pan, FFS? I'm not much of a baker, but I do scones quite often and they are so easy. How does she manage to make such a mess of simple recipes? It's ridiculous. Saint Mary of Berry's cheese scones are delicious, simple to make and never fail, if anyone fancies giving them a go (there are no sprouts in them, though, thank god).

Reactions: 33
I just had a wee cry at this. So kind 🥹

Reactions: 27
Newbie to this thread. I’ve read some of the JM threads, hard to keep up with though.

This thread is brilliant! I love seeing all your attempts at her recipes.

I’m an experienced baker, I might give the microwave peanut butter brownies a go unless it’s already been done? The recipe is on bbc good food.

Reactions: 34
Inexplicable Eggs - grunge band circa 1990.

Another book idea... How about making a *real*, edible version of the slop cooked so far? Something like - the Original, and voilá! The Edible Version.
Petty, I know. Soz.
Excuse me, dear house of Carb, I done this with the chippy eggs in a cup.
a trailblazer, if you may…

How about a whole bunch in a pesto, dear heart?

That spork! 🫣

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.