Slimmingworldxgemx #5 An ‘i’ for an I, no teeth to be seen, Gemma’s pretentious life makes us all want to scream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her legs too, the pic of her legs with the mousse shows no muscle definition in her quads at all. As thin as she is you should be able to see them without her even flexing. There’s nothing there. She’s not lifting heavy enough, so her ‘workouts’ must basically consist of lots of cardio based work and very light weight work.
I lost a tit ton of weight on slimming world years ago, and I was proper skinny, but I didn't even have an ass, I was as flat as a pancake with no definition anywhere. The minute I started doing things like circuits and weight training the muscles in my legs became incredibly defined.

With Gem, she's probably doing weights but she's also still doing lots of cardio and also severely underfeeding herself. Her body won't have the calories it needs to build muscle.

Reactions: 6
It’s just disordered eating to have the same calorie controlled dessert every single day. I don’t know what she thinks she’s doing but it’s a very dangerous game to be promoting all this tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
To be fair I absolutely love oat milk. I started a detox thing a few years ago and now can’t stand the taste of cows milk.

Reactions: 2
🚨🚨 trigger warning (irony is not lost on me given she’s a walking trigger)
Sorry to jump in out of nowhere but I never realised she had a thread. I had to stop following her on Instagram last year when I realised she had an ED.. I’m just over a year in recovery for A and wow, is she knee deep something. You are all right in what you’re saying..if,and it’s unlikely she isn’t, she is reading here that voice will be delighted with all the talk of ED’s and how tiny she is etc.
it’s honestly like history repeating itself when I see what she’s doing and her justifications.. eating exactly the same foods, weighing everything, over exercising, exercising whilst on holiday..making sure you have the healthiest version of everything etc etc I could go on but if like me you are in recovery or still in the midst of it, please stay away from her content xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
🚨🚨 trigger warning (irony is not lost on me given she’s a walking trigger)
Sorry to jump in out of nowhere but I never realised she had a thread. I had to stop following her on Instagram last year when I realised she had an ED.. I’m just over a year in recovery for A and wow, is she knee deep something. You are all right in what you’re saying..if,and it’s unlikely she isn’t, she is reading here that voice will be delighted with all the talk of ED’s and how tiny she is etc.
it’s honestly like history repeating itself when I see what she’s doing and her justifications.. eating exactly the same foods, weighing everything, over exercising, exercising whilst on holiday..making sure you have the healthiest version of everything etc etc I could go on but if like me you are in recovery or still in the midst of it, please stay away from her content xx
I don’t usually use spoilers for this thread but my post could be seen as containing lots of ED info so I have. ❤.

Thank you for being so honest. I am finding her content quite hard and had it been a year or two years ago I probably would have had to unfollow.

Like you say she is doing a lot of things I did. When I crashed (a combination of having to stop running obsessively due to injury and a period of physical and mental ill health), I crashed big time. It’s taken 3 years to realise and try to recover from a decade of it.

It’s so sad to see in real time because there is an impressionable girl seeing all this and it will be having an effect, without a doubt. Every day that Gemma does this to herself is a day that a) harms her daughter b) harms herself and c) potentially harms a follower who is vulnerable.

I’ve reported her numerous times. Instabots are useless for ED issues. The longer she does this (and my god it feels great when you have this level of control, I imagine I feels better with all the Instagram validation. But feeling hungry and tired and drained and endlessly counting and adding up and working out whether the huge weekly deficit allows a day off or a nicer meal is bleeping exhausting) the harder it will be to recover from.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This isn’t exactly ED discussion but I had to unfollow Gemma after I had my LG who is now almost 6. I had about a stone to lose after I gave birth & I stupidly joined SW. My God I tortured myself that I wasn’t as perfect as her, my meals weren’t planned as perfectly, I didn’t look as perfect, I didn’t stick to plan perfectl .I got myself into a bit of a bad headspace & thankfully I had support around me to pull me back but I think she’s very dangerous. She thrives off being better than anyone else & I think she enjoys making people feel like tit because they can’t compete with her. Her lifestyle isn’t sustainable (the money she flaunts for a start!) and let’s face it she might be the “tiredest girl in the world” but she doesn’t have a difficult job, she just has a long commute some days. She’s not doing anything mentally or physically demanding, she dicks about making things pretty for social media content. She is definitely in the midst of an ED, combined with her superiority complex, she’s insufferable. Now I just follow her to take the piss, she can not be a happy & fulfilled person if she has to spend so much of her time making perfect content for Instagram for people to validate how amazing she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m not going to SS her latest story but really 🙄😡🤬?

There’s sucking in and flexing and then there’s Gemma. I feel we are being trolled here.

Reactions: 5
I’ve reported her too. Not even in a spiteful way but because I know how it feels when you feel this is something to aspire to. I’m just 35..but suffered for around 6 years and lost my period for nearly 5 of those years. I appreciate this is not remotely about me but I just don’t want anyone to think that this is the way to live and just because you see these women on Instagram living like this and who appear to have it all (trust me they don’t.. happy & fulfilled people do not starve themselves) it is dangerous and no way to live.
Sorry to be so serious but my recovery has made me so passionate about this! For what it’s worth, I would hazard a guess she’s been down this road before and has relapsed which makes it all the more sad

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She thrives off being better than anyone else & I think she enjoys making people feel like tit because they can’t compete with her.
This comment right here sums her up perfectly, her past actions shows she loves the thought of being ‘the hardest working woman in the room’ but the reality is, she can’t even compete with herself as it’s all bullshit! Her embellished workload (coz it’s so hard working 48hrs per day from home and looking after an almost 13yr old 🙄) and heavily edited photos to appear better than she really is, is all fake. She’s been caught out lying loads of times. She needs help!

I’m glad to hear you’ve got a good support network @ohdoris and you’re in a better place! Sw has messed us all up in many ways!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Please just remember she’s a massive catfish! Look up her demos on the Espa page for what she really looks like!

I agree she will thrive on the comments on this page. And if her stoma was caused by slimming pills and that still didn’t give her a wake up call then nothing will.

1BAEEE12-9A13-4C5D-BD1E-1728DC46C5F5.jpeg

I’ve looked back through her Instagram and at the beginning of November she was having 15g Nutella. Today she had 10g. She’s supposedly upped her calories 2x since then so why reduce?

We know why.

Reactions: 15
Wouldn’t she be hiding all the food info if she really had an ED? making out she’s had more when she hasn’t etc

Reactions: 3
No necessarily..
I survived on around 1000 calories a day for honestly 6 years (I went nearly 2 years without even eating any chocolate) and I never pretended I ate more. But what I did do is make out I wasn’t hungry (I was hungry all the time) had gone off certain food etc If you do it for long enough it just becomes the norm and it’s almost the “oh that’s Gemma she never has a big appetite etc” People will prefer to believe that than acknowledge their wife/daughter/sister has an ED. Even when deep down they know..

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wouldn’t she be hiding all the food info if she really had an ED? making out she’s had more when she hasn’t etc
We have this discussion on a running thread. I hid stuff. The people I knew who were really ill were experts at hiding. However, there are runners who are obviously in the midst of really severe disorders who flaunt stuff (how little they eat, how thin they are, how far they run etc)

I just don’t know at this point. Just like depression hits everyone differently, so do ED.

Reactions: 8
This is honestly so interesting to read and just proves that there is no one way to suffer with something. Just like they group all forms of depression together.. the reality is everyone suffers differently and copes differently and the same goes for ED’s.

We have this discussion on a running thread. I hid stuff. The people I knew who were really ill were experts at hiding. However, there are runners who are obviously in the midst of really severe disorders who flaunt stuff (how little they eat, how thin they are, how far they run etc)

I just don’t know at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Her meal plan was a load of balls then, she's not had what she wrote on it for breakfast or lunch etc a few days now.
It's all bullshit with her.
There's no definition in her legs and she's sucking in and twisting so much it's laughable.

If Olivia doesn’t have some sort of mental health issues, an eating disorder or serious self-esteem issues in her teens I will be gobsmacked. No way is that a healthy environment to live in or raise a child in. And I’m talking from experience too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That’s the scary thing, Olivia is going to see this as normal behaviour & have a distorted view of / relationship with food.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.