Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the first time she proper revealed her weight gain was when she did the cringe jelly advert with that gurning bird Vicky Patterson. That when it was like "oh she's put on weight" but it looked nice on her. It looked more manageable.

She obviously went overboard on 10 calorie jelly since....
With every single one of them, as soon as they stop taking pics of themselves, you know they've put on weight. They all do it. So predictable!

Reactions: 17
With every single one of them, as soon as they stop taking pics of themselves, you know they've put on weight. They all do it. So predictable!
Hell yes.
Almost every single weight loss account ever on #transformationtuesday:
Posts the same set of pics, goes quiet for a while, starts posting the same pics but more sporadically and with the captions something like "I might not be the the girl on the right (skinny pic) any more but I'm still a long way from the (biggest size starting pic) girl on the left", goes quiet again, comes back with a big "confession" post. Rinse and repeat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
She is just one big massive advertisement that slimming world doesn’t work. Sure you may lose at first but you will not keep it off and you’ll actually end up being bigger than before. Imagine going to SW and finding she’s your consultant?? Like getting child minding tips from Kate McCann

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
She makes me die going on about Caludron marinated tofu - it’s 350 calls for a pack which is pretty reasonable if you were having it for a main meal.

She’s goes on in her post like that’s the problem - no honey. It’s the 800 calories brownies you are probably smashing 2/3 of daily or the huge vegan baguettes.

Her follow count has gone down along with any shred of respect. The fact she can’t even be honest about how big she is or what weight she is - I suspect that these “transparency” posts that aren’t transparent at all will stop after a few weeks.

I can’t imagine that SW want to be associated with her right now when she’s spiralled out of control so quickly

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She makes me die going on about Caludron marinated tofu - it’s 350 calls for a pack which is pretty reasonable if you were having it for a main meal.

She’s goes on in her post like that’s the problem - no honey. It’s the 800 calories brownies you are probably smashing 2/3 of daily or the huge vegan baguettes.

Her follow count has gone down along with any shred of respect. The fact she can’t even be honest about how big she is or what weight she is - I suspect that these “transparency” posts that aren’t transparent at all will stop after a few weeks.

I can’t imagine that SW want to be associated with her right now when she’s spiralled out of control so quickly
She made me actual laugh out loud when she was trying to imply that the number on the scales was due to the shovelling food in her gob as much as she could because she knew she would be eating healthier 😂. Erm no jen you dont gain 8 stone in a week hun.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
She made me actual laugh out loud when she was trying to imply that the number on the scales was due to the shovelling food in her gob as much as she could because she knew she would be eating healthier 😂. Erm no jen you dont gain 8 stone in a week hun.
Why the need to go mad and shovel in the food when that's all she's done since getting married 2 years ago? 🙄 I go a bit OTT on my treat day once a week as I've worked hard to lose 4 stone and keep it off (I maintain by calorie counting), so there's no excuse for her, she's just pure greedy & deceitful 😡

Reactions: 6
I don’t even think she genuinely does want to lose weight like she did before, her life was a bit different back in 2015 and now she’s married with 2 kids she’d probably be quite happy to be a frumpy mum that bakes vegan cookies and big carby meals. She’s got this huge Instagram though that she can’t seem to part with so feels so much pressure to be ‘slimmingworld_jsg’ again

Reactions: 9
This is what makes me question how long she was actually that slim for. Whoever said about the jelly was right but she’d started to gain from ‘size 6-8’ she should have been honest and said ‘I was eating so little to get into my wedding dress and it wasn’t sustainable’ she’s lied for years now.

Attachments

I can’t believe after her first week she maintained... she’s a bit of a farce now. She constantly goes on about her law degree. WE GET IT.

still can’t spell though.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is what makes me question how long she was actually that slim for. Whoever said about the jelly was right but she’d started to gain from ‘size 6-8’ she should have been honest and said ‘I was eating so little to get into my wedding dress and it wasn’t sustainable’ she’s lied for years now.
She probably threw in the towel on their honeymoon as the target of slimming down was reached and she was done and dusted, and had nothing to aim for. 🙄 We all give in from time to time, but I could not see myself gaining the full 4 stone I've lost, hated being fat and I looked so unhealthy and bloated. I've gained 5lbs during lockdown and just about lost the weight and feel better already, it was hard feeling sluggish and bloated, and I wanted to look better.

• Heart
I feel with her syns now whether or not since becoming a vegan, I noticed as she started to gain she would have really high syn food in meals which would leave little or no syns left for the rest of the day and for things that didn’t really make sense when there’s free options.

I remember when I did slimming world I found it hard if I got to the evening and had hardly any syns left to have a ‘treat’ it comes down to that weird dynamic with food.

I agree with what someone said about how trying to emulate these insta SW people can be so toxic! Harry Pickard is a bad offender with beige food everywhere as is Bec Bites on Instagram, it’s basically tweaks of food which still are so calorific it just makes for a disordered eating pattern and you get away from the main principles of fresh filling food & veg and end up blending a tin of macaroni to make lasagne (Brittany)

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Its absolutely crazy to think she may have gained back at least 7 stones in like 2 years, but babies or no babies, that's actually hideous and hugely embarrassing!
I joined slimming world back in 2015 and lost 8 stone. 5 years later I've but 6 back on due to a binge eating disorder, family ill health and having a rubbish relationship with food and reading that comment actually made me feel quite tit. I used to follow jen and I for one agree i cant stand her. What she did to an other consultant, the way she banged on about "eating the rainbow" gaining weight doesnt make her hideous and hugely embarrassing. Her above behaviour makes her those words. I'm all for talking about someones behaviour but bitching about someone saying they're "fat etc etc" is horrible to see when like me you're in a position where you've gained weight back due to whatever reasons

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I joined slimming world back in 2015 and lost 8 stone. 5 years later I've but 6 back on due to a binge eating disorder, family ill health and having a rubbish relationship with food and reading that comment actually made me feel quite tit. I used to follow jen and I for one agree i cant stand her. What she did to an other consultant, the way she banged on about "eating the rainbow" gaining weight doesnt make her hideous and hugely embarrassing. Her above behaviour makes her those words. I'm all for talking about someones behaviour but bitching about someone saying they're "fat etc etc" is horrible to see when like me you're in a position where you've gained weight back due to whatever reasons
I agree with you. I gained 6st in 2 years due to severe anxiety and an illness (meds cause some weight gain, me eating lots of junk caused the rest). Her behaviour towards the consultant was sh*tty but her weight gain was down to other issues. It would have been better if she’d been open and honest but it sounds like she needed to get her head around it. I also don’t think all is as lovey Dovey and idyllic at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Slimming world has caused many people to develop eating disorders, it’s very hard to get out of that mindset and seeing foods as ‘syns’ and healthy extras. It’s totally not sustainable and I hate how they promote it as a ‘lifestyle change’ I done slimming world years ago to lose 3 stone and I lost about 2 and a half (never reached target) but I gained that 2 and a half back within 9 months and I was back to square one, so many people gain all their weight back with this plan whether it’s 10 stone or 2 stone

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree with you. I gained 6st in 2 years due to severe anxiety and an illness (meds cause some weight gain, me eating lots of junk caused the rest). Her behaviour towards the consultant was sh*tty but her weight gain was down to other issues. It would have been better if she’d been open and honest but it sounds like she needed to get her head around it. I also don’t think all is as lovey Dovey and idyllic at home.
I think the carry on with her consultant and hiding her current weight just comes down to a deep, deep shame and embarrassment. If she had just addressed it while it was happening it might have actually helped her at the time, LOADS of people would have related to it

Reactions: 3
No shame at all in gaining weight. A huge majority of people gain all the weight back or more. Our relationships with food can't be fixed by diets.

I think with Jenn it was the fact she continued with her instagram, talking about eating the rainbow, posting pictures of all these healthy meals, posting her skinny pics, talking about having self discipline etc all while in private she was gaining the weight.

• Heart
I can’t believe after her first week she maintained... she’s a bit of a farce now. She constantly goes on about her law degree. WE GET IT.

still can’t spell though.
That law degree is with all her size 6 clothing, in her head!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No shame at all in gaining weight. A huge majority of people gain all the weight back or more. Our relationships with food can't be fixed by diets.

I think with Jenn it was the fact she continued with her instagram, talking about eating the rainbow, posting pictures of all these healthy meals, posting her skinny pics, talking about having self discipline etc all while in private she was gaining the weight.
I totally agree with you what you say. Like I say someone gaining weight doesnt make them a bad person. It's her obnoxious behaviour that makes her a bad person. She may be embarrassed that she gained weight because I know I am and I dread bumping into people who saw me at my lightest, hell I'm even scared to see my friends after all this lockdown thing is over because I know I've gained weight since I last saw them. But it's the fact shes on a public forum banging on about the above stuff whilst she's gained weight that's the problem

• Heart
If she’d gained weight and just stepped away from Instagram it would have been completely understandable but the fact she’s tried to come up with this lie just proves how she has to always come across as perfect and can’t admit any failures!

Reactions: 12
If she’d gained weight and just stepped away from Instagram it would have been completely understandable but the fact she’s tried to come up with this lie just proves how she has to always come across as perfect and can’t admit any failures!
Exactly, she can’t just hold her hands up and saying I’m struggling because let’s be honest if it was as easy as ‘eating the rainbow’ and posting positive quotes we’d all be thin. I think she’d have been more relatable and be on a better footing now if she’d just been 100% honest. As much as there’s more ads I like Chloe Phillips, she’s realistic about what’s she lost and when she’d gained in the past she was so honest about it, she admits days she’s struggling & always does good recipes etc. She says it’s hard & posts when she has a dominoes etc! Not that that’s some amazing achievement but it’s at least relevant to real life because who is 100% on a diet 24/7.

It even showed Jen’s mentality when she had her maintain then ordered a takeaway - I found when on slimming world when I had an off day or after weigh in you’d sometimes go mad, almost like binging because it’s in your head that you must stick to this, I don’t think this is necessarily slimming worlds intent but think the lines can blur especially with some consultants.

I lost 2 stone with slimming world after gaining due to stress at a job I hated, I lost it all but found my consultant patronising when I’d put on 1/2 a pound sticking to it. I knew to stop when I was downing aqua ban and green tea the night before and made myself so unwell, all because I needed a loss to enjoy an afternoon tea out.

Sorry for the rant!😂😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.