Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know she’s with Luke and all happy etc but this sickly sweet including him does my head in. Like just said it’s made you really happy. There always has to be a desperate attempt to include him, like he was all she had. Or she was grateful because he was with her when she was big??
Who knows with her ... there's this little thing called the truth that is just like a muscle, you can flex it when it suits you 😆 I for one am not buying the bullshit. He's either as much of a dick as she is or she's worn him down and brainwashed him into putting up with the nonsense

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who knows with her ... there's this little thing called the truth that is just like a muscle, you can flex it when it suits you 😆 I for one am not buying the bullshit. He's either as much of a dick as she is or she's worn him down and brainwashed him into putting up with the nonsense
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I just can’t stand people publicly bumming their OH. Keep it to yourself, hun.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Going back to Slimming World, the actual premise is ok. Lean meats, third of your plate veg or salad. However if you don’t know how you got over weight in the first place and have no idea of portion size etc then it’s never going to work long term. Weighing out a portion of pasta or rice is sobering when you see how much you’re supposed to have. If I do it by eye it’s probably double or more.

Its definitely social media that has absolutely trashed this diet, people following it properly are losing 1 or 2lbs max per week as they’re probably consuming 500 cals under there TDEE per day. They see people on SM losing 3 or 4lbs and think what am I doing wrong. The reality is, there is absolutely no rush to get to that target weight because you need to continue to eat well the majority of the time to stay at that weight. It’s why I never understand the race to lose as much as possible week on week. It’s not a destination, it’s a constant journey.

Also, I’m highly disturbed by people turning bread rolls into cakes, covering meat in cous cous and making cakes out of eggs and air.

i can see the appeal though, I’m a working parent and weighing out the celery and onion Im putting in a family sized pot of bolognese to input into MFP is tedious and time consuming.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Going back to Slimming World, the actual premise is ok. Lean meats, third of your plate veg or salad. However if you don’t know how you got over weight in the first place and have no idea of portion size etc then it’s never going to work long term. Weighing out a portion of pasta or rice is sobering when you see how much you’re supposed to have. If I do it by eye it’s probably double or more.

Its definitely social media that has absolutely trashed this diet, people following it properly are losing 1 or 2lbs max per week as they’re probably consuming 500 cals under there TDEE per day. They see people on SM losing 3 or 4lbs and think what am I doing wrong. The reality is, there is absolutely no rush to get to that target weight because you need to continue to eat well the majority of the time to stay at that weight. It’s why I never understand the race to lose as much as possible week on week. It’s not a destination, it’s a constant journey.

Also, I’m highly disturbed by people turning bread rolls into cakes, covering meat in cous cous and making cakes out of eggs and air.

i can see the appeal though, I’m a working parent and weighing out the celery and onion Im putting in a family sized pot of bolognese to input into MFP is tedious and time consuming.
I used to do it back in the day when it was red and green days, no tweaks, no ready meals, or any Internet bullshit and it worked just fine. Now they (slimming world) have become money grabbing and appear to encourage all the ridiculous behaviour on instagram, as it draws in the hopeful overweight public and keeps the sales up. The only stupid "tweak" I remember was my consultant trying to sell me scan bran with a bit of melted Nutella... trying to convince me it was just like Ferrero ... no. 😆🤦🏼‍♀️it's become a popularity competition at all costs because there is money to be made.

Reactions: 6

I actually agree , I follow SW , I lost 4 stone in a year rather than her 11 stone , however as soon I had a life changing situation I gained 3 stone in 2 years back , I am back to plan to lose it but I also think it’s all about acceptance and why your bigger to start , re education on food and understanding your body , it’s not a quick fix it’s a long term thing

Reactions: 1
I actually agree , I follow SW , I lost 4 stone in a year rather than her 11 stone , however as soon I had a life changing situation I gained 3 stone in 2 years back , I am back to plan to lose it but I also think it’s all about acceptance and why your bigger to start , re education on food and understanding your body , it’s not a quick fix it’s a long term thing
Definitely, it doesn’t teach people the tools to keep the weight off because of all the BS terminology, syns, free food, speed food. a choices and b choices. It pains me to see people say but its a free food, you can eat as much as you want. Its like when people start losing slower closer to target and don’t understand why, SW dont allow consultants to say well actually Karen you weighed 15 stone when you first started and your daily calories required back then were much higher than what your body requires now so you might want to look at portion size. Instead people are left perplexed, confused and frustrated as to why what they’ve eaten all along is now not doing the job. They get annoyed, stay at the same weight, give up, go back to normal life where they think eating mountains of carbs is ‘healthy’ gain weight again and it’s back to square one.

Whereas with some tweaking at that crucial point, they‘d have reached there goal and learned something to take forward.

Reactions: 2
Definitely, it doesn’t teach people the tools to keep the weight off because of all the BS terminology, syns, free food, speed food. a choices and b choices. It pains me to see people say but its a free food, you can eat as much as you want. Its like when people start losing slower closer to target and don’t understand why, SW dont allow consultants to say well actually Karen you weighed 15 stone when you first started and your daily calories required back then were much higher than what your body requires now so you might want to look at portion size. Instead people are left perplexed, confused and frustrated as to why what they’ve eaten all along is now not doing the job. They get annoyed, stay at the same weight, give up, go back to normal life where they think eating mountains of carbs is ‘healthy’ gain weight again and it’s back to square one.

Whereas with some tweaking at that crucial point, they‘d have reached there goal and learned something to take forward.
Agree. I think as well the groups are too big like people need a more 1 2 1 support, which isn’t there. Some of the consultants are old members who sprout the whole ‘eat as much of this and no you don’t need to exercise’ which isn’t right or healthy Especially in the long run. And these members are just desperate and in need of help they have no where else to go so it’s a quick safety net for them.

And again a major issue being these instagrammers and social media. SW it’s a very basic, to pay for, calorie deficit cut down but not really being in depth enough to give knowledge to members to learn and it’s all for profit and there’s no support and members are taught wrong with these syns And the ending up binging after a weigh in?! I mean an avocado is more syns than a can of strongbow cider 😆

And when you see people’s treat Meals and treat plates (some are really horrendous in terms of calories they must be consuming) and then the guilt they feel to use syns. It’s all wrong. No learning or understanding on a long term healthy basis as everyone is different but they have everyone thinking it’s a one person way as in everyone is to lose weight by eating plates of pasta or chips.

I know like any other way of cutting down it can be done well or done badly, but this slimming world j needs to seriously speak to someone about what the problem is with her relationship to food and eating as she’s back to where she started just goes to show.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.