Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker! I’ve followed her for years! I lost 3 stone with slimming world & I look back I look too ‘skinny’ doesn’t look right! I had a baby & regained all my weight & more 🤦‍♀️ SW gave me such an unhealthy unrealistic view of ‘healthy eating’ I rejoined after my baby & on the Facebook page they all moan & moan & don’t eat that you’ll go over your syns! Bashing each other! I am shocked by how much weight she’s piled on but still talking about using willpower muscle she’s one of those people who can preach but can’t stick to it herself. Our consultant was a size 26 but use to preach about healthy eating!! Couldn’t believe she was a consultant like Jennifer Preaching to us about loosing weight!!! Anyway rant over she needs to ditch the gram 🥱
you do have to be strict to lose weight - but strict as in burn more calories than you consume. If you go over you will put on, simple. But SW members bash each other while none of them have absolutely any idea how many calories they are consuming in their mountains of pasta, Fage yogurt etc. It’s mad. That’s why they all put on again after losing

Reactions: 5
I joined slimming world back in 2015 and lost
you do have to be strict to lose weight - but strict as in burn more calories than you consume. If you go over you will put on, simple. But SW members bash each other while none of them have absolutely any idea how many calories they are consuming in their mountains of pasta, Fage yogurt etc. It’s mad. That’s why they all put on again after losing
Until I started calorie counting, because of slimming world making me think it was free food 🙄🙄, I used to have massive jacket potatoes with a tin of beans and my hex a cheese! What the duck that's like 800 calories!! Slimming world says it's a free meal but I can have buttered white thick toast for breakfast and a nice thick white bread ham sandwich for lunch for the same bleeping calories!! I know what I prefer!! Baked beans for example are ridiculous calories and I'd have a whole tin instead of just half!! You don't need the whole tin, I think slimming world makes you overeat massively. I used to eat a tin of mushy peas waiting for my dinner to cook because i was starving 😂. Jesus christ!

Reactions: 2
The daft thing is if you counted the calories of her breakfast and lunch it looks quite low...this is why the whole “syns” thing is ridiculous. BUT also shows she is clearly binging somewhere to have only maintained as she would probably need to eat 3000 cals a day to maintain her weight

Reactions: 9
She spends syns on healthy foods then shovels them gross 10cal jellies filled of fake tit in her gob 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t pay attention to her much, her stories never seem to show up for me (maybe I’ve muted her accidentally) does she ever talk about or do exercise? That’ll be the key if she needs to lose that much weight...

Reactions: 1
I don’t pay attention to her much, her stories never seem to show up for me (maybe I’ve muted her accidentally) does she ever talk about or do exercise? That’ll be the key if she needs to lose that much weight...
You never see her. It’s either shots of her food or some other pointless tit with a caption.

Reactions: 6
I was a SW member on and off for about 7 years and until recently when I learnt about calories I realised how naive I had been! Even now I will mindlessly eat something because in my head it’s “free” and then I have to remind myself it’s still calories. I think it’s one of those things that just gets ingrained in your mind until the penny drops that it’s basically just a company making you rely on them for this weight loss “secret” (syns/free food/healthy extras) when actually weight loss is just common sense - calories in vs calories out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I lost 3 stone with SW and kept it off until I got pregnant but what I don’t understand is you get 15 syns a day and she’s spent 17.5 just on her 3 meals and that’s not including an snacks or treats she may have. I feel pissed off spending syns on those meals and then looking tit!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I lost 3 stone with SW and kept it off until I got pregnant but what I don’t understand is you get 15 syns a day and she’s spent 17.5 just on her 3 meals and that’s not including an snacks or treats she may have. I feel pissed off spending syns on those meals and then looking tit!
Not backing her in any way, but you can up your subs if your still losing at target. She has clearly gained.

I’ve done SW, lost weight but I’ve found it’s messed my view of food. I need to get some normality back.

Reactions: 2
I used to eat a punnet of strawberries as a mid morning snack on slimming world. Obviously they’re fruit but a whole punnet? No wonder I only maintained or lost 1/2 a week 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah so men get 20 anyway, then everyone gets an extra 5 if over 16 stone and another if over 20 stone, from when I was there last year anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Any diet that tells you it’s better to eat Instant pasta out of a mug than an avocado must have something wrong with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I love nothing more than asking a SW consultant to explain why an avocado is bad for you and why I can eat 100 disgusting muller lights and only use fry light

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.