Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd like to think I've been very respectful and not pushy, I just wanted to clear up the misconception that being vegan isn't an excuse for her to not get back to target now. If you want to eat bacon, go for it. If you want to scoff tofu, that's fine too.

Jen needs to fix her relationship with food and maybe, just maybe, she might get somewhere and maintain it long-term.
Not pushy at all, it was very clear the point you were trying to make 😊

Reactions: 8
I'd like to think I've been very respectful and not pushy, I just wanted to clear up the misconception that being vegan isn't an excuse for her to not get back to target now. If you want to eat bacon, go for it. If you want to scoff tofu, that's fine too.

Jen needs to fix her relationship with food and maybe, just maybe, she might get somewhere and maintain it long-term.
You haven’t been pushy at all - really informative actually, thank you! People will sadly always have an issue with veganism and it’s unfortunately those people who claim to be experts. Anyway, Jen - she weighed today, and cried apparently!

Reactions: 8
It doesn’t matter if she’s vegan or not, she wasn’t vegan when she was originally big, and is now vegan and big 🤷‍♀️ It’s not the food, it’s her attitude to food.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I can only tell you what Quorn confirmed. They are in the process of redeveloping a lot of their products to be vegan? But like I said, there's already quite a few. I'm not the biggest vegan cheese fan either, but it's all personal taste. Obviously there are plenty of vegans that buy it, in fact Koko and Dayia are two of the post popular choices for vegans.
As for the soy scaremongering, as a doctor, I can confirm that's completely untrue.

I'm not going to argue about it with you, like I said it's all personal choice. I just wanted to state the fact that like me, it would be easy for Jen to get back to target vegan, but she clearly needs to address her issues with food first. Slimming world doesn't teach you that and she will continue the cycle until she does.
I love it when people lecture me on soy when they drink/smoke/eat fast food/red meat. Everyone does something that isn’t 100% healthy for them but doesn’t stop anyone doing it 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She finally updated her photo

I think she’s going to throw herself back into sw now and if she managed to get back down to target (or close) I would genuinely be impressed, but she is going to find it so hard being vegan this time round. slimming world really doesn’t cater to vegans and there is so much vg junk food now, it’s not all ‘plant based’ and eating rainbows 😂
Incorrect, veganism is pretty easy on SW if you do it right. Lots of emphasis on whole foods, fruit, veg etc and lots of low syn meat replacements.

Anyway, vegan or not, she’s still a prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The issue about her being vegan has nothing to do with her weight gain. She has serious issues with food that makes her overeat. Anyone will gain weight if they over eat doesn’t matter if it’s tofu or steak. She’s best off saving her SW money and seeing a therapist to address the root cause. SW on paper is a really balanced diet but the insta huns have ruined it with their weird quark and sweeter cakes , treat plates and chickpea curry loaves. Whilst I don’t agree with how she’s handled some issues in the past, she’s been pretty open and honest about her weight gain and how she feels (even if it took her a while to do so).

Reactions: 11
Slimming World... I know it works for some like zoeylou_sw (She seems really lovely, genuine and actually LOVES food and making it from what I've seen on her Instagram!), but clearly there is an issue here... The number of people I have seen who have committed to Slimming World, lost A LOT of weight and then piled it all back on 1 year later is just ridiculous. She is a prime example!!! It's not healthy. Either that or they gain all their followers doing Slimming World, become an inlfuence and think they're the bomb.

Reactions: 6
I have previously followed slimming world, I lost a couple of stone and kept it off but it has massively affected my relationship with food. I became so obsessed with syn counting, doing body magic and stopped going out with friends as I was terrified of gaining weight. I completely agree all the insta huns have ruined it, I used to follow so many of them and try and emulate the stupid syn plates etc but it was so unhealthy!! I eventually realised the effect it was having on my life so I managed to step away from it and now try and eat a balanced diet and follow some of the rules of SW such as lots of speed with meals etc! Jen is never going to sort out her relationship with food by repeatedly going back to SW, it will make it worse! She needs to address her issues with food and try and eat a healthy balanced diet, whether that’s vegan or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Here she goes with another thin pic from donkeys ago.. its like a different person

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm very glad her boys are healthy and she is happy. But I'm also very happy that all that gloating she did about getting back down to target weight, all those pretentious posts stating you have to work that willpower muscle, eat the rainbow etc etc and she's now nearly back to her starting weight 😂😂. Oh jen you never helped yourself! If you'd have just admitted how hard it is I wouldn't be laughing now. But she's one of them people that thinks she's better than everybody else and sorry to point this out Jen but you're not....you're just like the rest of us fuckers who simply, cannot stop eating!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She chose that picture because it was the night before their wedding and she remembers all the emotions ?! Nah.... she chose that pic because she was slim...... and as in love with herself as she was her 'best mate'.... I've been with my 'best mate' 28 years but don't need to declare how much I love him like she does..... it's a bit sickening.... (and I am a romantic so I'm not jealous of her relationship)! A recent picture of them would be more appropriate !

• Heart
Reactions: 20
“9st 9lbs gone forever”
It does make me laugh when slimming world consultants actually say to members .. that weights gone forever how do u feel .. how the hell do they know .. loadsa people regain !!

She chose that picture because it was the night before their wedding and she remembers all the emotions ?! Nah.... she chose that pic because she was slim...... and as in love with herself as she was her 'best mate'.... I've been with my 'best mate' 28 years but don't need to declare how much I love him like she does..... it's a bit sickening.... (and I am a romantic so I'm not jealous of her relationship)! A recent picture of them would be more appropriate !
The amount she gushed about how in love they are is so cringe !!! Seems a bit fake & forced to me !!

Reactions: 10
It’s like looking at 2 different people! I don’t know why she does that to herself with using the old pictures 🙈

Reactions: 9
I don’t think the issue is slimming world. To be fair all sw says is reduce carbs, sugar, dairy some what and eat more healthier foods which are the principles to most healthy ways of eating. The issue as people have said is if you then don’t change your eating habits or are reliant on someone telling you what to do every week to keep you accountable.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.