Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so basically she was a size 6/8 turned vegan and ended up a size 20 ? away you go Jen and eat your rainbow clearly its not done you any good! No one actually cares.. if you cant be honest with Instagram at least be honest with yourself.................

Reactions: 9
I like that she’s being honest (finally) and as someone who also battles with their weight, it does suck. I truly wish her well and hope she deals with her issues (emotional/psychological in relation to food) but unfortunately slimming world will not help her with that.

On a side note her “target” when she was a size 6 was clearly unsustainable. Her diet then was not healthy; she barely ate. Also, she at times rocked a lollipop head/shoulders and it was clear she was not meant to be that size. I remember she put roughly a stone on over her target and, in my view, looked great. Fit, healthy but with a wee bit meat on her bones.

Reactions: 10
I don’t have kids but when people have 4D i literally think what a waste of money to see a 4D potato. And when people go OMG he looks like me on that scan? Really? 😂
We only went for a 4D scan as during the numerous hospital ones we had (for medical reasons) baby kept being coy and we couldn’t tell the gender!
Plus it was a hard pregnancy so a scan in a nice room away from a hospital felt quite nice.
Baby still looked like a weird alien in the scan pics though, not pretty!! 😂

Morgan Hagen sounds like a cheap German ice cream brand 😂😂
Salted caramel Morgan Hagen from Aldi is delish

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In all honesty in dubious about the ‘size 6-8’ you never ever hardly saw a full length photo of her, even all the wedding photos her stomach and bottom half were covered. I think she’s really small in height so maybe on top at a push she was that but I don’t believe her bottom half ever was.
I just think it’s the time to admit SW doesn’t work for some. She clearly has deep psychological issues with food to have lost all of that weight and put it back on... the angle in the latest photo isn’t kidding anyone. As has been mentioned, it was nothing to do with having kids, she’d started gaining well before she got pregnant. Just be honest 🤨

Reactions: 11
Ive lurked on this thread but never posted before. It doesnt paint a very good picture for Slimming World does it when she's put so much weight back on but is still using Slimming World in her name! It seems like she has some issues with her weight/food which from my own experience, Slimming World doesnt seem to address or help with. Id have more sympathy for her if she was a nicer person. But what really got me were all the arse kissing comments on her post.

Reactions: 8
Ive lurked on this thread but never posted before. It doesnt paint a very good picture for Slimming World does it when she's put so much weight back on but is still using Slimming World in her name! It seems like she has some issues with her weight/food which from my own experience, Slimming World doesnt seem to address or help with. Id have more sympathy for her if she was a nicer person. But what really got me were all the arse kissing comments on her post.
It does seem a lot of people gain a significant amount of weight when they’ve reached target, it just isn’t sustainable for a normal life. Kudos to those who do, but they seem like they’ll be on slimming world indefinitely

Reactions: 4
It does seem a lot of people gain a significant amount of weight when they’ve reached target, it just isn’t sustainable for a normal life. Kudos to those who do, but they seem like they’ll be on slimming world indefinitely
I have to admit im one of them that has gained weight back. I lost almost 4 stone but ive put at least a stone back on, I was pregnant in that time, but its like once you get to target theres no support and I dont feel like it is sustainable.

I have lost weight and gained sign SW many times. I now understand that it is not sustainable as it does not teach you about what you need to do to actually lose weight and then maintain it. To lose weight your calories in must be less than calories out. It does not matter what kind of food those calories are, it matters for health and body fat yes, but not to lose weight. Calories in vs calories out is the only law for weight loss. Then you maintain you must be burning equal calories to those in. SW just teaches you about eating certain foods, and you lose when, by fluke, you are in a caloric deficit. The more overweight you are, the more calories you burn by carrying around your body fat, so you get away with eating more calories and still lose, while you are still big. This is why SW works for most at the start, as they are overweight. When people get to target with SW, they still have no knowledge of calories or nutrition, so the high majority of people put back on and quickly. People who have disordered eating before joining SW, end up with even more disordered eating habits. This goes for all slimming clubs. They make there money by people joining time and time again

Reactions: 24
I lost just under 4 stone when I was on slimming world ... I then gained 6 stone. I stayed with that gain while suffering severe anxiety for a few years. I have now lost 2 stone. I am now embracing mindful eating. I am eating 6 small meals a day and listening to my body and not my mind when it comes to food. Slimming world fucked up my relationship with food and it was not in the best way to start with. Most of the big accounts on here have gained alot of the weight back. Anna Cunnell, Sw Feebs to name as a example.

The problem though with Jen. It took her ages to own her weight gain and be honest about it. I understand her struggles and I know what it’s like to be in battle with your weight daily. I really do have sympathy for her there. However she’s not a weight loss account anymore, shes not a mummy blogger as she won’t show her boys. I totally respect her for this though - but what is this account about now. She disappears and never posts for weeks at a time and we only see her now when she HAS to post. This is when she been given a freebie and she has to tell us about this wonderful product she loves. 🥱 This account would of been deactivated a long time ago if it not been for the free stuff she receives.

Reactions: 11
For her to put on the amount she has, even over two years, she would need to have been eating over 3500 calories every day. To maintain her weight alone now, would take about 3000 calories every day.
I don’t care about people’s weight, but the fact that she was on her high horse with the way she posted on Instagram and spoke to people, while hiding this is disgusting. Her posts were absolutely curated for Instagram - an outright lie.
Thats very true I have about 4 stone to lose and I can eat up to 2300 calories a day to maintain
I have lost weight and gained sign SW many times. I now understand that it is not sustainable as it does not teach you about what you need to do to actually lose weight and then maintain it. To lose weight your calories in must be less than calories out. It does not matter what kind of food those calories are, it matters for health and body fat yes, but not to lose weight. Calories in vs calories out is the only law for weight loss. Then you maintain you must be burning equal calories to those in. SW just teaches you about eating certain foods, and you lose when, by fluke, you are in a caloric deficit. The more overweight you are, the more calories you burn by carrying around your body fat, so you get away with eating more calories and still lose, while you are still big. This is why SW works for most at the start, as they are overweight. When people get to target with SW, they still have no knowledge of calories or nutrition, so the high majority of people put back on and quickly. People who have disordered eating before joining SW, end up with even more disordered eating habits. This goes for all slimming clubs. They make there money by people joining time and time again
I totally agree. the only way to own your weight loss is by keeping a very honest calorie log and eating a calorie deficit. Slimming World allows you to continue eating massive portions of food, without knowing the calories. They tell you every time you join - YOU CAN EAT CHIPS EVERYDAY! Fine - if you want to be on SW every day of your life forever and not eat any fat. If not - you need to get handle on energy in versus energy out. Boring but true.

Reactions: 6
so basically she was a size 6/8 turned vegan and ended up a size 20 ? away you go Jen and eat your rainbow clearly its not done you any good! No one actually cares.. if you cant be honest with Instagram at least be honest with yourself.................
Exactly this! Her legs are big. Even her ankles used to burst over the straps in her shoes for example. Shes bigger than me and I am defo not a 6. That sounds crazy and bitchy but i always used to think 6/8?! Really?! 100% agree with you

I was bored today and scrolled way back. A post beginning of 2019 said she was at target for 18 months. Being a bit selective with the truth, as per 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She looks like a drag queen with all that makeup on .... same as KeepingKate!!! It is terrifying

Reactions: 4
I really feel like she's gearing up for something with these honesty posts. She has never admitted her weight gain fully until now, why! I sense she might be about to go full slimming world or have some affiliation that shes going to promote. If you think back, just before Miss Slinky and immediately afterwards I'm sure she constantly posted pictures of her old self, I feel like she's bitten the bullet and started showing herself now because she's going to be plugging something to help her weight loss and she knows she won't be able to hide.... just a thought.

On another note, slimming world is terrible. I have never done it myself but have plenty of friends who have and they haven't been able to sustain it by their own admission. I hate coming across it on instagram it drives me wild! The other day I saw someone had got an Aldi hot dog bun and filled it with a strawberry Muller Light and sprinkled sweetener over it! I mean, what the actual duck... you can probably eat a cream bun for less calories and then actually feel like you have had a treat and not need one again for a week or two! Yoghurt filled bread isn't going to satisfy you're craving and you'll end up eating more processed, aspartame laden shite!

Rant over!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
[QUOTE="Pamelaaaa90, post: 1301951,
On another note, slimming world is terrible. I have never done it myself but have plenty of friends who have and they haven't been able to sustain it by their own admission. I hate coming across it on instagram it drives me wild! The other day I saw someone had got an Aldi hot dog bun and filled it with a strawberry Muller Light and sprinkled sweetener over it! I mean, what the actual duck... you can probably eat a cream bun for less calories and then actually feel like you have had a treat and not need one again for a week or two! Yoghurt filled bread isn't going to satisfy you're craving and you'll end up eating more processed, aspartame laden shite!

Rant over!
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, while there are plenty of issues with slimming world it can be done healthy. I do it loosely and I don’t eat tit like that. Still have treats if i want them (Krispy Kreme donuts are about 11 syns). I don’t eat crazy carbs all the time and I don’t stuff my face. It’s those who take the rules to the extreme either by eating nothing (Danielle) or eating weird tit like that. I do it because I don’t have time to weigh everything for calorie counting and I find I eat more crap when I see the calories 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m still chubby though 🤣

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.