Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE="Pamelaaaa90, post: 1301951,
On another note, slimming world is terrible. I have never done it myself but have plenty of friends who have and they haven't been able to sustain it by their own admission. I hate coming across it on instagram it drives me wild! The other day I saw someone had got an Aldi hot dog bun and filled it with a strawberry Muller Light and sprinkled sweetener over it! I mean, what the actual duck... you can probably eat a cream bun for less calories and then actually feel like you have had a treat and not need one again for a week or two! Yoghurt filled bread isn't going to satisfy you're craving and you'll end up eating more processed, aspartame laden shite!

Rant over!
To be fair, while there are plenty of issues with slimming world it can be done healthy. I do it loosely and I don’t eat tit like that. Still have treats if i want them (Krispy Kreme donuts are about 11 syns). I don’t eat crazy carbs all the time and I don’t stuff my face. It’s those who take the rules to the extreme either by eating nothing (Danielle) or eating weird tit like that. I do it because I don’t have time to weigh everything for calorie counting and I find I eat more crap when I see the calories 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m still chubby though 🤣
[/QUOTE]
I think some of the principles are great, like making sure you have half a plate of veg or salad etc. but for me, that's not a slimming world thing. I'm pretty sure it's in every recommended diet guideline. I have more of a problem with slimming world as a business, I feel like they prey on vulnerable people and trap them in a viscous cycle purely for profit.

I also don't think calorie counting is much better, I don't think you can base everything on calories alone.

Sounds like you just practice mindful eating to me and that's the best thing I have found. I think we tend to view weight as being directly related to food too much and we know theres so much more to it. One person can "diet" for weeks but if they're stressed they might put on or hold weight whilst another in the same circumstances might drop a stone. The body is a funny old thing!

Sorry for the derailment 🙊

Reactions: 7
I really feel like she's gearing up for something with these honesty posts. She has never admitted her weight gain fully until now, why! I sense she might be about to go full slimming world or have some affiliation that shes going to promote. If you think back, just before Miss Slinky and immediately afterwards I'm sure she constantly posted pictures of her old self, I feel like she's bitten the bullet and started showing herself now because she's going to be plugging something to help her weight loss and she knows she won't be able to hide.... just a thought.

On another note, slimming world is terrible. I have never done it myself but have plenty of friends who have and they haven't been able to sustain it by their own admission. I hate coming across it on instagram it drives me wild! The other day I saw someone had got an Aldi hot dog bun and filled it with a strawberry Muller Light and sprinkled sweetener over it! I mean, what the actual duck... you can probably eat a cream bun for less calories and then actually feel like you have had a treat and not need one again for a week or two! Yoghurt filled bread isn't going to satisfy you're craving and you'll end up eating more processed, aspartame laden shite!

Rant over!
There’s soooooo many slimming world accounts that have said that they gained all the weight back and MORE. A lot of these people will have lifelong issues with food now and constantly feel guilty for eating a slice of cake, it’s very damaging! Even when I see accounts that are successfully losing weight or just got to target, seriously how long until they disappear come back with the *honesty post*

Reactions: 8
On the beg for gifted holidays today. duck off to the moon you tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
On the beg for gifted holidays today. duck off to the moon you tit.
Youd have thought she’d have some epic savings for maternity leave and not need to be on the scrounge .... what with her high-flying legal career and that ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s soooooo many slimming world accounts that have said that they gained all the weight back and MORE. A lot of these people will have lifelong issues with food now and constantly feel guilty for eating a slice of cake, it’s very damaging! Even when I see accounts that are successfully losing weight or just got to target, seriously how long until they disappear come back with the *honesty post*
I got WLS and have no regrets. Honestly having a body that regulates itself (I can't binge, I can't stomach a lot of unhealthy things) is such a blessing.

I suppose it wouldn't fit with Jen's branding, and it's not for everyone, but all I think when I see her is how much she would benefit from it. I don't believe that everyone can lose weight and keep it off with all the modern artificial chemicals in foods, and there is a lot of research coming out about the effect of the gut microbiome on weight regulation. It's so much more complicated than we think.

I certainly haven't been at my best during lockdown, but instead of gaining 3 stone, I've gained about 5lb.

Emilie has posted a beautiful picture of her gorgeous new baby... Cue JSG in 3,2,1...

Reactions: 11
I really feel like she's gearing up for something with these honesty posts. She has never admitted her weight gain fully until now, why! I sense she might be about to go full slimming world or have some affiliation that shes going to promote. If you think back, just before Miss Slinky and immediately afterwards I'm sure she constantly posted pictures of her old self, I feel like she's bitten the bullet and started showing herself now because she's going to be plugging something to help her weight loss and she knows she won't be able to hide.... just a thought.

Rant over!
Ive said this on other posts - this is not SW. this is the Insta version of SW which is bullshit!!!! The basic principles of SW aren’t bad “rules” to eat by - a measured amount of fibre rich & calcium rich foods each day, filling a 3rd of your plate with low calorie “speed” foods (fruit & veg) and filling up on “free foods” carbs & protein until satisfied (personally the point of SW that isn’t drummed into members enough) and then measured/controlled amounts of higher calorie foods (syns).
To be fair, while there are plenty of issues with slimming world it can be done healthy. I do it loosely and I don’t eat tit like that. Still have treats if i want them (Krispy Kreme donuts are about 11 syns). I don’t eat crazy carbs all the time and I don’t stuff my face. It’s those who take the rules to the extreme either by eating nothing (Danielle) or eating weird tit like that. I do it because I don’t have time to weigh everything for calorie counting and I find I eat more crap when I see the calories 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m still chubby though 🤣
Agreed - if you want a bit of cake then just have it instead of making one out of weetabix & quark 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She finally updated her photo

I think she’s going to throw herself back into sw now and if she managed to get back down to target (or close) I would genuinely be impressed, but she is going to find it so hard being vegan this time round. slimming world really doesn’t cater to vegans and there is so much vg junk food now, it’s not all ‘plant based’ and eating rainbows 😂

Last edited:
She finally updated her photo

I think she’s going to throw herself back into sw now and if she managed to get back down to target (or close) I would genuinely be impressed, but she is going to find it so hard being vegan this time round. slimming world really doesn’t cater to vegans and there is so much vg junk food now, it’s not all ‘plant based’ and eating rainbows 😂
Slimming world is really easy vegan🤷‍♀️ there's also so much vegan junk food that isn't too high in syns, so if she can get into a good headspace, she will be ok. Unfortunately I think she's not quite there yet. She's putting a lot of pressure on herself and that's a call for disaster 🤔

Reactions: 4
Slimming world is really easy vegan🤷‍♀️ there's also so much vegan junk food that isn't too high in syns, so if she can get into a good headspace, she will be ok. Unfortunately I think she's not quite there yet. She's putting a lot of pressure on herself and that's a call for disaster 🤔
I’m pretty sure all those vegan cheeses aren’t healthy extras, plus you can’t eat eggs or anything that contains egg and milk and most Quorn stuff? Unless your living on fruit, veg, bread and lentils sure you can follow the slimming world plan that way but totally not sustainable long term, I mean look at Jen 😂

Reactions: 4
I’m pretty sure all those vegan cheeses aren’t healthy extras, plus you can’t eat eggs or anything that contains egg and milk and most Quorn stuff? Unless your living on fruit, veg, bread and lentils sure you can follow the slimming world plan that way but totally not sustainable long term, I mean look at Jen 😂
Jen isn't a great example no, but there's 2 vegan cheese that are healthy extras, but also there's a ton of plant milks. Scrambled tofu is free and a fantastic egg substitute, Quorn are making the majority of their products vegan apparently, but there's still quite a few, as well as Fry's, Linda McCartney, the Iceland no bull, chick, pork range, covers, then there's your standard tofu, Seitan, tempeh, the list goes on. I completely understand that veganism isn't for everyone and I respect that but it's incredible accessible now and painfully easily to apply to slimming world.

Reactions: 10
Jen isn't a great example no, but there's 2 vegan cheese that are healthy extras, but also there's a ton of plant milks. Scrambled tofu is free and a fantastic egg substitute, Quorn are making the majority of their products vegan apparently, but there's still quite a few, as well as Fry's, Linda McCartney, the Iceland no bull, chick, pork range, covers, then there's your standard tofu, Seitan, tempeh, the list goes on. I completely understand that veganism isn't for everyone and I respect that but it's incredible accessible now and painfully easily to apply to slimming world.
Honestly the vegan cheese smell like dirty feet and taste like plastic I’m suprised how anyone can even eat them for a start, I don’t think that’s true about quorn, all those vegan meats are made from soya proteins (Linda m, fry’s, naked glory, vegetarian butcher) and Quorn (non vegan) contains no soy, meaning they would have to change their entire recipe? Eating too much soy is also not great for you btw 😬

Honestly the vegan cheese smell like dirty feet and taste like plastic I’m suprised how anyone can even eat them for a start, I don’t think that’s true about quorn, all those vegan meats are made from soya proteins (Linda m, fry’s, naked glory, vegetarian butcher) and Quorn (non vegan) contains no soy, meaning they would have to change their entire recipe? Eating too much soy is also not great for you btw 😬
I love when non-vegans suddenly become experts on nutrition and anything else vegan related 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I can only tell you what Quorn confirmed. They are in the process of redeveloping a lot of their products to be vegan? But like I said, there's already quite a few. I'm not the biggest vegan cheese fan either, but it's all personal taste. Obviously there are plenty of vegans that buy it, in fact Koko and Dayia are two of the post popular choices for vegans.
As for the soy scaremongering, as a doctor, I can confirm that's completely untrue.

I'm not going to argue about it with you, like I said it's all personal choice. I just wanted to state the fact that like me, it would be easy for Jen to get back to target vegan, but she clearly needs to address her issues with food first. Slimming world doesn't teach you that and she will continue the cycle until she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can only tell you what Quorn confirmed. They are in the process of redeveloping a lot of their products to be vegan? But like I said, there's already quite a few. I'm not the biggest vegan cheese fan either, but it's all personal taste. Obviously there are plenty of vegans that buy it, in fact Koko and Dayia are two of the post popular choices for vegans.
As for the soy scaremongering, as a doctor, I can confirm that's completely untrue.

I'm not going to argue about it with you, like I said it's all personal choice. I just wanted to state the fact that like me, it would be easy for Jen to get back to target vegan, but she clearly needs to address her issues with food first. Slimming world doesn't teach you that and she will continue the cycle until she does.
‘’I’m a doctor’’
That old line
Is Jen your lawyer? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Can we not do vegan vs non-vegan on this thread 😂🙄
I'd like to think I've been very respectful and not pushy, I just wanted to clear up the misconception that being vegan isn't an excuse for her to not get back to target now. If you want to eat bacon, go for it. If you want to scoff tofu, that's fine too.

Jen needs to fix her relationship with food and maybe, just maybe, she might get somewhere and maintain it long-term.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.