Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really glad a place like tattle exists to allow me to vent to others who see through all these people. Beatrice is another who does my absolute head in! Firstly, there is no need to post transformation pics every single day, you haven’t changed what you look like since yesterday. Secondly, using posts of when you were pregnant as your before is not inspiring, that’s not a true representation of how much weight you’ve lost if at least a stone of that was baby and water. Thirdly, her desperation to be insta famous makes me want to crawl up my own arse. If it’s not the daily transformations, it’s the tagging galslovehighstreet in all her outfit posts so they’ll reshare to get her seen. She’s an absolute pest. And her glasses are tit.
Well said! 👏🏻

Reactions: 7
I quit SW this week & it was definitely because of this thread!👏🏼

Yesterday was my usual SW group day and already have a text from the consultant asking if everything is ok… i have ignored it but so tempted to say I am absolutely smashing - I just had avocado on a WHITE bagel for breakfast & it was splendid &&& I am in a calorie deficit still, nothing absolutely devastating happened after eating said bagel and avocado.

I was afraid of not sticking to a calorie deficit without being held accountable at group but I am even more determined now because I need prove to my consultant when she texts me in a years time to ‘come back’ I can text back and say no thanks, I am 4st lighter and keeping it off!

A day ‘off plan’ had devastating effects to my mental health. A day where I may not be in a calorie deficit is all that it actually is🤷🏻‍♀️ First one would have led to a binge, 2nd one isn’t a big deal & won’t undo all my work!

I could go on forever here but all I want to really say is THANK YOU!👏🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I quit SW this week & it was definitely because of this thread!👏🏼

Yesterday was my usual SW group day and already have a text from the consultant asking if everything is ok… i have ignored it but so tempted to say I am absolutely smashing - I just had avocado on a WHITE bagel for breakfast & it was splendid &&& I am in a calorie deficit still, nothing absolutely devastating happened after eating said bagel and avocado.

I was afraid of not sticking to a calorie deficit without being held accountable at group but I am even more determined now because I need prove to my consultant when she texts me in a years time to ‘come back’ I can text back and say no thanks, I am 4st lighter and keeping it off!

A day ‘off plan’ had devastating effects to my mental health. A day where I may not be in a calorie deficit is all that it actually is🤷🏻‍♀️ First one would have led to a binge, 2nd one isn’t a big deal & won’t undo all my work!

I could go on forever here but all I want to really say is THANK YOU!👏🏼
This is music to my ears, it was thanks to Tattle that I saw huge flaws with slimming world. I liked our small group mid week but our consultant was incompetent. I liked the plan at the time but I find egotistic people really off-putting and Slimming World use very egotistic people as their cover models. Their whole business model is outdated and not fit for purpose, the slimming world plan from my experience shames people for having a social life and after covid, I think that shaming enjoyment is bad for well-being.

Let us hope after Margaret’s yacht has sailed away on the tears of us fatties that Slimming world can be revolutionised.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I cannot stand Beatrice in her derdree Barlow glasses, filler lips and how bleeping dim she sounds. She lost weight by sticking to 1000 calories during the lockdown( Obs the weight fell off) then now makes out she’s a nutritionist. Completely agree with what has also been said about her.

anyone follow mrs_graham_fitness? How she doesn’t have a thread baffles me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is music to my ears, it was thanks to Tattle that I saw huge flaws with slimming world. I liked our small group mid week but our consultant was incompetent. I liked the plan at the time but I find egotistic people really off-putting and Slimming World use very egotistic people as their cover models. Their whole business model is outdated and not fit for purpose, the slimming world plan from my experience shames people for having a social life and after covid, I think that shaming enjoyment is bad for well-being.

Let us hope after Margaret’s yacht has sailed away on the tears of us fatties that Slimming world can be revolutionised.
I know SW is a business model and shite but I started back for the 17th time 9 weeks ago, purely for a few hours to myself. I have a 5month old and I am on maternity and i want to lose 4st by her first birthday. I am already a quarter of the way there. The last 3 weeks of them 9 I was calorie counting anyway.

As the weeks went on and reading this thread I just couldnt do it anymore. I LOST a lb a few weeks ago and she told me I could have done better… and said nothing to the people sitting there with gains!! There is a lady in our group losing 3-5lbs each week, even still 10 months in. Shes lost 5st now and everyone wanted to know her secret…. She finally admitted she only has 2 meals a day and doesnt snack. Turns out SW isn’t magic!

My little one will not remember being overweight or at a slimming group! I do not want her growing up thinking she should be on a diet

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I cannot stand Beatrice in her derdree Barlow glasses, filler lips and how bleeping dim she sounds. She lost weight by sticking to 1000 calories during the lockdown( Obs the weight fell off) then now makes out she’s a nutritionist. Completely agree with what has also been said about her.

anyone follow mrs_graham_fitness? How she doesn’t have a thread baffles me 😂
Deirdre Barlow glasses comment nearly made me spit my tea out

Reactions: 2
Deirdre Barlow glasses comment nearly made me spit my tea out
Please check out mrs_graham_fitness as if you think Beatrice’s are bad you need to see hers😂

12E93C6F-4239-4F67-95CD-201176846FEF.jpeg

Not to mention her boob sweat 🤮😂

she’s contradicts herself saying she lost by doing cc and cb workout yet I’ve seen her on fb posting in sw groups

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I know SW is a business model and shite but I started back for the 17th time 9 weeks ago, purely for a few hours to myself. I have a 5month old and I am on maternity and i want to lose 4st by her first birthday. I am already a quarter of the way there. The last 3 weeks of them 9 I was calorie counting anyway.

As the weeks went on and reading this thread I just couldnt do it anymore. I LOST a lb a few weeks ago and she told me I could have done better… and said nothing to the people sitting there with gains!! There is a lady in our group losing 3-5lbs each week, even still 10 months in. Shes lost 5st now and everyone wanted to know her secret…. She finally admitted she only has 2 meals a day and doesnt snack. Turns out SW isn’t magic!

My little one will not remember being overweight or at a slimming group! I do not want her growing up thinking she should be on a diet
I think the consultants can either make a group great or really damage the experience. When I travelled up North to Yorkshire I visited a group and the consultant was so nice, warm, welcoming and friendly. It puts the local consultant to shame. I was put off when the consultant text my daughter to say she should join mid pregnancy and the losses postpartum will mean she could win slimmer of the week/month and might gain some awards. I felt like the consultant was saying that slimming world acoladles will stop postnatal depression. I was shocked, my daughter was really angry and never went back.

We used to go together to lose weight leading up to a holiday, my daughter does cross fit and calorie counts and she’s really happy with that.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I can’t keep up with her
Maybe an unpopular opinion but when people do these sort of pictures, at least put some nice underwear on. I’ve always matched but that’s an age thing. I am so pleased I was brought up way before the internet as I would hate to grow up and in the future see pictures of my mother in mismatched underwear flaunting herself all over social media.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but when people do these sort of pictures, at least put some nice underwear on. I’ve always matched but that’s an age thing. I am so pleased I was brought up way before the internet as I would hate to grow up and in the future see pictures of my mother in mismatched underwear flaunting herself all over social media.
Wait until you see how she talks and treats her kids 🙄 constantly moaning at them and just does her workouts and ignores them when on stories it’s so sad to see. I want to start a thread on her as I can’t be the only one that things this!
Ps I also match my underwear.. even just the colours. Imagine going to school pic up or parents evening and everyone seeing you like that

Reactions: 3
I haven’t read the article that Beatrice has done. I can only imagine how much she’s claiming to be some kind of weight loss saviour.
She’s not.

Reactions: 3
She would be writing emails to tattle to get it locked I’d imagine. Gone private for a few weeks, head down, got her thread locked finally, she will probably take her account off private soon enough to build her following again. Then we can start a new thread, I’ve seen this happen before she is so predictable

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ll be honest I go on TikTok way more than I go on IG these days. I have completely lost interest in IG and feel it’s just dying slowly albeit too slowly for my liking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.