Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lovinglauren wants to lose 7 stone??? Surely that will take her back down to a very low weight again?!
I think the fact she’s asking people how long it’ll take too… it sounds daft but it’s feeding her ED!! She will take the quickest response and find the quickest FAD to get her there
I know that because my ED used to do that too…

Reactions: 9
Anyone follow Beckscross? I can’t remember if she’s calorie counting or doing sw right now but she has just done one of my PET HATES! I cannot stand it when big accounts do the “ask me anything’s” and then message themselves a question about a random app they sell in order for them to put a huge ad up about it. NO ASKS THESE QUESTIONS!! I bet she got loads about her new baby, her clothes etc and the only ones she answers are the fake “how are you lovely?” And the app question.

Reactions: 13
Not slimming world but does anyone follow Loseweightwithkate_. Her Insta following is small compared to her TikTok but literally so many followers for a weight loss account and she doesn’t look like she loses anything

Reactions: 2
Not slimming world but does anyone follow Loseweightwithkate_. Her Insta following is small compared to her TikTok but literally so many followers for a weight loss account and she doesn’t look like she loses anything
She’s like another Gemma B, has gone from being big to slightly less big and now she thinks she’s an expert 🙄 Obviously losing a stone or two is a great achievement and better for your health but why are these people trying to make out they’re super slimmers and trying to build a brand based on that, posting ads/ aff links and giving advice when they still need to lose several stones to be healthy. Absolute desperados. Gemma’s cookbook takes the absolute mick!

Reactions: 10
She’s like another Gemma B, has gone from being big to slightly less big and now she thinks she’s an expert 🙄 Obviously losing a stone or two is a great achievement and better for your health but why are these people trying to make out they’re super slimmers and trying to build a brand based on that, posting ads/ aff links and giving advice when they still need to lose several stones to be healthy. Absolute desperados. Gemma’s cookbook takes the absolute mick!
Gemma’s got her personal training exam coming up soon, should be interesting!

Reactions: 4
What we saying about Beatrice weight loss and her “plan” 👀
I follow a lot of fitness coaches and they do limit how many clients they take on so they can give everyone 100% attention . I struggle to see how she keeps up with all these people in each phase
I think she has some qualification in some kinda nutrition where someone asked what her background is but I wouldn’t have much faith in her if I was a client as she looks skin and bone and doesn’t seem to incorporate fitness with nutrition

Reactions: 1
I follow a lot of fitness coaches and they do limit how many clients they take on so they can give everyone 100% attention . I struggle to see how she keeps up with all these people in each phase
I think she has some qualification in some kinda nutrition where someone asked what her background is but I wouldn’t have much faith in her if I was a client as she looks skin and bone and doesn’t seem to incorporate fitness with nutrition
Her plan is bad. Describing it as basic would be a compliment. The standard of the stuff she hands out when someone joins is embarrassing. The “plan” is a set of calories you can get from a Google search. And the standard 10k steps.

She offers no support at all. When someone joins they are sent a pack and asked to weigh in every week. They receive no follow up, no advice, nothing personal. Because she cannot offer anything because there are too many people and likely because her own knowledge is minimal. It’s quantity over quality.

The people on the plan are put in WhatsApp groups and left to their own devices. She occasionally shares a screenshot of a meal plan. No different or exclusive to what any other person dieting on Instagram might share for free.

She walks at least 5 miles a day, was slim before she gained weight from being pregnant, but is trying to sell the dream to people who have minimal experience with calorie counting or limited success with dieting and many who have been consistently overweight. It’s terrible that someone can take advantage of others like that.

Her plan is bad. Describing it as basic would be a compliment. The standard of the stuff she hands out when someone joins is embarrassing. The “plan” is a set of calories you can get from a Google search. And the standard 10k steps.

She offers no support at all. When someone joins they are sent a pack and asked to weigh in every week. They receive no follow up, no advice, nothing personal. Because she cannot offer anything because there are too many people and likely because her own knowledge is minimal. It’s quantity over quality.

The people on the plan are put in WhatsApp groups and left to their own devices. She occasionally shares a screenshot of a meal plan. No different or exclusive to what any other person dieting on Instagram might share for free.

She walks at least 5 miles a day, was slim before she gained weight from being pregnant, but is trying to sell the dream to people who have minimal experience with calorie counting or limited success with dieting and many who have been consistently overweight. It’s terrible that someone can take advantage of others like that.
That’s awful, I really don’t like people who target vulnerable people for money making. It’s why in our local community we have made our own community slimming group. My sister in law is planning on making one for their local area too in a community room in the local Sainsburys.

People should try and make these locally.

Not louclaire furiously posting masses of pictures to up her following as she seems to be losing followers by the day

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not louclaire furiously posting masses of pictures to up her following as she seems to be losing followers by the day
It won't up her following anyway because she's private.
She was on almost 17k before and then she started removing people. Just seen she's down the 15.8k.
She won't accept new people either

Reactions: 6

That’s shocking
From someone who had a coach , I get a mid week catch up and a weekend check in
I have targets for macros , if I maintain or slight gain they adjust my cals for the next week
I have gym workout to follow which they ask for screenshots and suggest advice on how to improve each workout

But to pay all that to Beatrice for a group WhatsApp is awful

Reactions: 3
Very interesting to hear that Beatrice isn’t the amazing nutritionist she makes herself out to be! You’d think she was providing an elite, world class service. It’s one of my pet peeves when people do a Mickey Mouse online course then think they can charge people for their weight loss coaching services. Just because you’ve lost some weight doesn’t mean you’ll be good at helping others. I’ve had two babies but I don’t now think I’m a midwife 🙄 I’ve learned to drive but I’m not proclaiming to be a driving instructor 🙄 The industry should be better regulated as so many people have deep seated issues with food and body image, it’s damaging them more for someone else’s financial gain. And (I only say this because she’s obviously exploiting people and she blocked me for no reason, wouldn’t normally comment on this) does anyone else get major bo selecta vibes from her glasses? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Very interesting to hear that Beatrice isn’t the amazing nutritionist she makes herself out to be! You’d think she was providing an elite, world class service. It’s one of my pet peeves when people do a Mickey Mouse online course then think they can charge people for their weight loss coaching services. Just because you’ve lost some weight doesn’t mean you’ll be good at helping others. I’ve had two babies but I don’t now think I’m a midwife 🙄 I’ve learned to drive but I’m not proclaiming to be a driving instructor 🙄 The industry should be better regulated as so many people have deep seated issues with food and body image, it’s damaging them more for someone else’s financial gain. And (I only say this because she’s obviously exploiting people and she blocked me for no reason, wouldn’t normally comment on this) does anyone else get major bo selecta vibes from her glasses? 🤣
Specific one to one coaching has its place it’s very much like counselling, but the unregulated coaches or people riding on the back of popular Instagram coaches seem to be on the increase. I can’t see how some people can afford it. As I said in a last post we are trying to do our community based one and it’s not for profit. We have a coach who doubles as a gym instructor and they are very nutritionally aware too. We are just starting and it is not perfect and but are ever so lucky the coach is giving us an hour of his time for free.

Reactions: 3
I’m really glad a place like tattle exists to allow me to vent to others who see through all these people. Beatrice is another who does my absolute head in! Firstly, there is no need to post transformation pics every single day, you haven’t changed what you look like since yesterday. Secondly, using posts of when you were pregnant as your before is not inspiring, that’s not a true representation of how much weight you’ve lost if at least a stone of that was baby and water. Thirdly, her desperation to be insta famous makes me want to crawl up my own arse. If it’s not the daily transformations, it’s the tagging galslovehighstreet in all her outfit posts so they’ll reshare to get her seen. She’s an absolute pest. And her glasses are tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.