Slimming World #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do so many sw members do stupid things like this! I have found an account that eats normal food finally!!!
Please share if you don't mind!
I was on a zoom for SW a few weeks ago and someone mentioned Tweaks. The lady giving the session was not impressed so I'm assuming the actual SW group is not happy with these and not what the plan is about and it seems its more their "ambassadors" and consultants are doing the tweaking!

Reactions: 4
I was on a zoom for SW a few weeks ago and someone mentioned Tweaks. The lady giving the session was not impressed so I'm assuming the actual SW group is not happy with these and not what the plan is about and it seems its more their "ambassadors" and consultants are doing the tweaking!
Yes, i do SW at the moment and my consultant is always preaching against tweaks, she also reminds people that SW is basically CC in a more flexible easier way. And always be mindful of portion sizes. She is really good compared the lot i met before her. Lol

I did sw back in 2018/2019. I know a few crappy consultants along the way. This one is quite good. She knows nutrition pretty well.

Reactions: 7
Crazy!! I don’t know why they don’t just have normal crisps fgs!! I found a couple of accounts that actually eat normal food and have lost weight! On Instagram slimming_journey_megan and charlottet.sw and slimmingwithlib !! Let me know of any more normal ones pls!

If I see one more bleeping weetabix 'cheesecake' on my insta feed i'm gonna scream.
ughhh same!!! Just eat normal Weetabix ffs!

Reactions: 3
Yes, i do SW at the moment and my consultant is always preaching against tweaks, she also reminds people that SW is basically CC in a more flexible easier way. And always be mindful of portion sizes. She is really good compared the lot i met before her. Lol

I did sw back in 2018/2019. I know a few crappy consultants along the way. This one is quite good. She knows nutrition pretty well.
If you're looking to tweak it, you're basically looking to cheat the rules to suit you. I don't understand why people sign up to it if they're just going to look for ways to eats things that are not recommended. Seems like nutty behaviour to me 😳 I did sw when it was red and green days and I think it changed for the worst when they came up with Extra Easy

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If you're looking to tweak it, you're basically looking to cheat the rules to suit you. I don't understand why people sign up to it if they're just going to look for ways to eats things that are not recommended. Seems like nutty behaviour to me 😳 I did sw when it was red and green days and I think it changed for the worst when they came up with Extra Easy
Susan at group be like
'I don't know why I haven't lost this week. i've been eating 5 lasagna sheets worth of syn free doritos instead of eating a bag of proper crisps and eating half a syn swiss roll made with a dozen eggs instead of a slice of cake'

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Susan at group be like
'I don't know why I haven't lost this week. i've been eating 5 lasagna sheets worth of syn free doritos instead of eating a bag of proper crisps and eating half a syn swiss roll made with a dozen eggs instead of a slice of cake'
The sheer efforts they go to to make these absolutely crazy and disgusting concoctions would make me think ... nah fook that 😄🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I still think anyone who’s brainwashed by that money machine of a cult is off their rocker. Not sorry.

Reactions: 8
Crazy!! I don’t know why they don’t just have normal crisps fgs!! I found a couple of accounts that actually eat normal food and have lost weight! On Instagram slimming_journey_megan and charlottet.sw and slimmingwithlib !! Let me know of any more normal ones pls!

ughhh same!!! Just eat normal Weetabix ffs!
Slimming world Megan is one the best I think! I unfollwed a lot of accounts in the new year but stuck with her.

Reactions: 3
I still think anyone who’s brainwashed by that money machine of a cult is off their rocker. Not sorry.
I lost the will when I had gained one week. I said I had not eaten anything 'off plan'.
Consultant asked had I eaten all my healthy extras and syns.
I said no.
She said thats why I had gained. I wasn't eating enough.
Because obviously forcing myself to eat 40g of low fat cheddar on wholemeal bread to get my healthy extras in at the end of the day was the secret to weightloss.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I lost the will when I had gained one week. I said I had not eaten anything 'off plan'.
Consultant asked had I eaten all my healthy extras and syns.
I said no.
She said thats why I had gained. I wasn't eating enough.
Because obviously forcing myself to eat 40g of low fat cheddar on wholemeal bread to get my healthy extras in at the end of the day was the secret to weightloss.
Pure madness to think of that. I remember a lady in group 2 weeks ago claiming her gain was because she had 0 syns all week. The consultant told her then i should see a 10lb loss then not 3lb gain, be honest lizzy. Lol at the end of the day if i tell what lizzy ate that week, your tummy will burst laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Pure madness to think of that. I remember a lady in group 2 weeks ago claiming her gain was because she had 0 syns all week. The consultant told her then i should see a 10lb loss then not 3lb gain, be honest lizzy. Lol at the end of the day if i tell what lizzy ate that week, your tummy will burst laughing.
I had this with one of my consultants. I was on 25 syns a day as I was massively overweight. But I rarely had them. She told me I should be using at least 20 syns if I want to lose faster.. That's an extra 400 calories a day if its on chocolate. Even more calories if its on other things that are lower syns for the calories.

• Wow
The consultants never seem to have any actual idea about nutrition. I knew someone that led a group and they said they were shocked at how minimal the training was.

• Sad
I really don’t miss SW. it had its place in my life but I think when you start questioning things you can never go back. I was never very adventurous with food and it did make me cook from a scratch and try new stuff and for that I will always be thankful for but the tweaks etc are just 🤢

Reactions: 13
I really don’t miss SW. it had its place in my life but I think when you start questioning things you can never go back. I was never very adventurous with food and it did make me cook from a scratch and try new stuff and for that I will always be thankful for but the tweaks etc are just 🤢
Same here. I did lose quite a bit of weight on it but I think in the end it wasn't sustainable for me and it felt so restrictive. I put it back on in the end after a year of binge eating and wondering why I couldn't get my head back in SW. I tried going back to a group last year but the cult mentality at the group did my head in.

Calorie counting and gym now is doing it better for me personally.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.