Slimming World #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My first time joining I lost a decent amount as I was getting married. The second time I joined was just to support my husband and I was happy with how I was, but thought I’d encourage him.
Then it started, wearing light clothes weigh day and ensuring a light lunch, don’t drink too much liquid, make sure I poop. There would be weeks I’d be so good and gain 2lbs and it messed with my head, I could see myself getting obsessed so I stopped.
I will say it taught me how to cook tho! And I still use a lot of the recipes to this day.

Reactions: 5
I lost 4 stone, 13 years ago. Kept it off for years and it turned me crazy. I kept going to group and found I actually enjoyed exercise but the weight I'd gained (gaaainnzz) wouldn't shift, even though I was strong and healthy. I'd weigh at 930am and do a gym session and swim before weigh in and never lost any more. My consultant actually advised me not to exercise as it was having a negative impact on the scales. Absolute madness!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wish people would stop kissing this guys arse he and his ego are unbearable enough..
Also In that tux he reminds me of big ben. I do wish he would return to ig he really was the gift that kept on giving 😆
Screenshot_20220226-115819_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Wish people would stop kissing this guys arse he and his ego are unbearable enough..
Also In that tux he reminds me of big ben. I do wish he would return to ig he really was the gift that kept on giving 😆
View attachment 1088901
What is that face he pulls?
Or is that just his face? 😂 Makes me want to punch him. Looks like he's tit himself and is surprised about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
On paper SW is supposed to be healthy eating with home cooked meals but that’s only on paper.

My mum was a WW consultant a few years back. She went away for 5 days for training and I would help her set up each week and sit at the back listening to her talks. WW used to peddle the old line of a 1lb of fat is the same as a 1lb of muscle and my mum hated having to say that line. She eventually quit because they had her repeating herself every 8-12 weeks but she was fully immersed and bought in to the cult experience at first.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I remember being at slimming world one week and someone Maintained. The group was next door to an Iceland and everyone popped in there after as per usual for our Alpen bars and bloody muller lights. Anyway the lady who had maintained was in there buying a dozen slimming world meals saying if she just ate these for the next week she was bound to loose a couple of pounds as they was all ‘free’ food. I remember thinking that was a good idea but now I just think Jesus Christ! Fresh, sensibly cooked food would have been far more nutritious and tasty and led her to a loss!

Reactions: 10
I remember being at slimming world one week and someone Maintained. The group was next door to an Iceland and everyone popped in there after as per usual for our Alpen bars and bloody muller lights. Anyway the lady who had maintained was in there buying a dozen slimming world meals saying if she just ate these for the next week she was bound to loose a couple of pounds as they was all ‘free’ food. I remember thinking that was a good idea but now I just think Jesus Christ! Fresh, sensibly cooked food would have been far more nutritious and tasty and led her to a loss!
Plus you can find a generic micro meal with exactly the same cals as a sw one for half the price. Even when you compare the nutritional values there's no difference in a lot of them, apart from SW selling you their products

Reactions: 8
Some of them taste rank and shouldn’t be allowed to be called food. It’s like eating reconstructed dust.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.