Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Anyone tried Elemis pro-collagen cleansing balm or Clinique take the day off? Which would you recommend?
I have tried both and prefer Elemis. I’m an Elemis die hard too.
I’ve tried the original, the rose and also the AHA cleansing balm/butter - the rose is my favourite but I love the AHA one - I got it as part of a small asos box I shared earlier in the thread and it’s lovely.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Elemis-Pro-Co...ece-Gift-of-Skin-Radiance.product.244824.html this is a good deal if anyone’s interested 🥰💙

I love the elemis balm. I prefer the neroli and rose ones to the original as I think that has a bit of menthol in it and irritates my eyes. TTDO is functional to me. I like fragrance and a bit of luxury but aware that is superfluous!
The Neroli one was lovely but not sure if that was limited edition?

• Heart
Reactions: 4

mindlessness

VIP Member
Is a moisturiser with spf in enough? I use a moisturiser with spf 15 and a bb cream with spf 15. Then in the summer I use spf 50 on my face if I'm going to be out in the sun a long time.
Caveat, I am not an expert.

I change things up depending on what the UV index/season is (and where I am). Here in Australia it's summer-time at the moment and it's a UV Index of 9 today. So I do a separate moisturiser and SPF 50+, which I re-apply every few hours if I am outside.

But when I lived in the UK and it was the depths of winter with a UV index of 0 I would either not use SPF, or it would just be in my moisturiser or BB.

mermaidexoxo

I suffer with hormonal acne as a result of my contraceptive pill.
what I’ve found that works for me and has drastically cleared up my acne and my skin looks so much healthier: (this may not work for everyone)

•Drink 2 litres of water a day.
•A few slices of cucumber in my glass/water bottle
•Use a vitamin C face wash in the morning. (I use Soap & Glory Vitamin C face wash)
At night:
•Double cleanse. (I use Garnier Micellar Water, and Cerave Foaming Cleanser)
•Tone. (I use Pixi Glow Tonic)
•Pat on The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc treatment
•Tiny bit of moisturiser

& once a week I will use The Ordinary Salicylic 2% face mask

Shineyshine

VIP Member
All the ladies using ren glow tonic, do you use it 2 times a day? And do use it with retinol?

I use mine in the morning and it gives a lovely glow so not sure i need it 2 times a day but I also use retinol at night with the glow cream which i know is ok but can’t see anything about it being compatible with the tonic, i assumed not because its an exfoliant?

I have heard the tonic and cream together gives better results but i dont want to stop using retinol
I only use it two or three times a week and never with retinol. I wouldn’t use any active ingredient with retinol as you could damage your skin barrier and it’ll take ages to recover. I use tretinoin nightly and use the Ren in the morning as and when I need it. Exercise caution and you’ll be fine 😊

Valentina

Sam Bunting has just put a video up on YouTube about starting retinol. It's really informative and helpful for beginners. She's using her own products but she's not pushing them.

HumphreyB

VIP Member
I think everyone will have brands or particular products within a brand they love.

From a skin health perspective, make sure your hydrated so be conscious of your water intake. A daily SPF that is suited to the face. Incorporate Vitamin c and Vitamin A. Make sure you exfoliate as it encourages your skins natural cell turn over.

If you want to invest in some skin care identify what your main skin concerns are. Generally serums will have higher % of certain ingredients so its usually best to match a serum to your number one skin concern.

under the ivy

VIP Member
I use MediK8 CR 3 and will go up to 6 when I run out - I can really tell the difference in my skin tone! I’m also keen to try their Vit C but I love the Superdrug 15% Vit C.

I’ve tried peptide serum before (Q+A brand) and I didn’t really get it?! I’m using a Drunk Elephant dupe peptide cream and I like that. Anyone recommend a good peptide serum and when to include it? 🥰

MrsD33

VIP Member
Anyone tried Elemis pro-collagen cleansing balm or Clinique take the day off? Which would you recommend?
I love Elemis, I use the rose one. Gentle enough to use on eyes and totally melts all your make up off

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Tranexamic acid. I had melasma on my face which looked like a moustache and its faded it a lot (along with vitamin C). That was on my face though, but I'm sure you can put this serum on the back of your hands on a night..? - https://www.lookfantastic.com/the-i...KrU5wKDkZys9e1fMjcBoC1KIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also hand cream with SPF 😊
I'd like to say a heartfelt thank you for this. I've been using it every night and the difference is stark. The spots seemed to become more separated from the skin then kind of faded away. It's 90% better. I'm so chuffed.

I still struggle with SPF as I can't bear the feeling of it on my face and hands but now I need to use it.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
I really want to buy some medik8 products - the ‘strongest’ products I use are the alpha wipes from Dr Dennis Gross and Murad retinol moisturiser. But I noticed a line from my mouth recently and need to up the ante 🃏 Is anyone following a mostly medik8 regime? My skin is combination, few fine lines and very tolerant to retinol. I know you’re not meant to mix certain things? so don’t want to buy stuff I can’t use together.
I use Crystal retinal 10 and it’s great. I started retinol with La Roche posay then went straight to that as my skin isn’t sensitive at all. This isn’t recommended though. I’d love to try their vit c.

• Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Thanks 🧠 📦 😀 I need to do some reading! I started out with the ordinary years ago then Dr Dennis and Sunday Riley A+. They’re low but think my skin could handle the 6. I have some unopened SPF products so no excuses.

That’s good to hear! Sounds similar to mine. How long did it take for you to see improvements?

I had a look @Onepotatotwopotato but can’t seem to find the samples? I’ll probably take the plunge and buy full 😊
I (personally) would say maybe start on the 3 or if you do start on the 6 then really slowly introduce it to build your tolerance - but you know your skin better than I will. I was probably similar but I was using retinol before going onto crystal retinal - retinal is 11x more effective and speedier than a retinol is and also more exfoliating and also they really are quite different to eachother as a product as retinol is more gentle so going to the crystal retinal will be a jump. I felt there was a difference between 3 and 6 - it’s a gorgeous product though, you will love it.

under the ivy

VIP Member
It depends what 'goal' you're after for your skin... BHA is good for oily / spot prone skin. AHA are good to get rid of dead skin cells and give you a 'glow'. I use both admittedly but only when I feel my skin needs them.

Glycolic acid (AHA) is good for beginners. Try that 1-2 times a week (no actives afterwards e.g. retinol/vit c, do it on a night, wear SPF day after).

A lot of people rave about Paula's Choice BHA 2% toner - I like it and use it when my skin is breaking out / feels crap usually before my TOTM. You can get a trial size bottle for £9 which lasts forever. Again use it 1-2 times a week, but not at the same time as any other acids/actives.

• Heart

Natterbox80

VIP Member
I second the dairy causing/exasperating acne, for me anyway. I went vegan and the acne I suffered with for over 15 years cleared immediately. I have the odd minor breakout before my period but they are tiny whiteheads and no longer get big pimples. I do however know vegans with acne so it is not the case for everyone.

I have a good skincare routine now and follow it religiously so I know that helps. If using scrubs, stop as it messes up you skin barrier!

Retinol/retinA/AHA's are king.

• Heart

Papparazzo1

It’s my actual nail that’s gone discoloured just around the tips! I’m in a odd situation because it’s the first time I’ve had gel nails or anything done to my nails but it was definitely after I used the cleanser. I’ll keep an eye and see if it gets any worse when I use it next!
This happened to me abroad using sun lotion everyday. So got my nails done, French tips, went on holiday and I looked like I'd been holding ciggies all day. I assumed it was the sun lotion.

• Sad

mindlessness

VIP Member
Word of warning with Hyaluronic: it doesn't suit everyone (I can't use standalone HA serums, but find its fine in other products like moisturisers). Dr Shereen Idriss has a good video on it and reccomends Glycerine as an alternative.

Also a long Harpers article about HA

Very Cherry

VIP Member
So I’ve been trying this out for a few days and I can say I really like it! The Repair cream is my favourite and I can see myself buying the full size. It feels quite mattifying but my skin feels super soft and hydrated - win win for my combo skin. It does calm redness down too. I mainly suffer with redness around my eyes and nose, as well as cheeks recently, so have been using the correcting cream before makeup in those areas. It’s green in the pot (green counteracts red) but once rubbed in goes a beige colour. It makes a great base for foundation/concealer and hides my redness as a result. The serum I’m not keen on but it’s still nice.

TL;DR - I like the repair cream a lot and the correction cream.
I have been using the Cicapair Tiger Grass Colour Correcting treatment and liked it so last week i bought the Cicapair Tiger Grass Sleepair Intensive Treatment and it is lovely. I highly recommend it. I think i am going to try the Ceramidin mist next.

Base2019

VIP Member
Looking for some advice… I have the following products but not sure if it’s safe to use them all at once and also not sure what order to use them in? Was wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to what I should use for morning and night? :)
Cerave salicylic acid cleanser.
Lacura (aldi own brand) glycolic cleanser
The inkey list tranexamic acid night treatment
The ordinary caffeine solution
Superdrug own niacinamide solution
The ordinary vitamin C suspension 30% in silicone.

TIA
Please don’t use glycolic acid every day along with salicylic… recipe for disaster. Keep it for when you think your skin needs an extra boost of exfoliation. If you do use the glycolic please make sure your using SPF, continued use can thin the skin and it will make your skin more sensitive to sun damage

Base2019

VIP Member
Thanks! the two eye products are complete gambles. I'm in a beauty fb group and saw a couple of before and after pics and they looked amazing for people contemplating tear trough fillers. They're not MLM products so I gave it a go.

I'm thinking of starting to use retinol on the backs of my hands - I guess that would be OK wouldn't it?
Make sure and apply spf on your hands every day if you do this 😘

shana

Has anyone tried a lumispa? 🤔
not worth the ridiculous price, people don’t realise they’re just double cleaning and if it’s the massaging into the skin you want you can get cheaper things that do the same x