Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Help me please! I’m mid 30s, relatively young looking but starting to become quite conscious of the beginnings of wrinkles (forehead, crows feet) especially as I’ve lost some weight recently.

current skincare routine is something along these lines:
Clinique 7day scrub once a week
Am - cleanse with cerave moisturising cleanser, niacinamide (the ordinary), the ordinary natural moisturise factors, plus spf 50

Pm - as above but with glycolic acid toner after cleansing and no7 night cream. I also use retinol once A week

I have visible pores/sebaceous filament around my nose and chin, prone to the odd spot on my t zone and dry cheeks.

Most of my skincare is on its last legs, so what can would you guys recommend switching up to halt/reduce some of the wrinkles and spottiness…

thank you!
Have you looked into Skin+me or Dermatica subscriptions? They're monthly, but some people just use the formula every other night and order bi monthly instead which makes it cheaper. It would help with breakouts and anti aging.

I have never found anything really effective for clogged pores/ blackheads on the nose. Tried all sorts of products and face masks, which help a bit but never completely remove them . Any ideas?

I follow this skincare routine - https://www.beautsly.com/skincare-guide

Except I don’t use a cleanser because I’m a lazy bum. I just use micellar water. That Bioderma micellar water is amazing. I cannot believe I used to use makeup wipes when I was younger!

My skin is looking so much better now, especially since using tretinoin!! Omg I wish I knew about it 10 years ago 😭 I hardly ever wear makeup these days. I never thought that would ever happen lol
Did you get this on prescription?I know its good for anti ageing, but obviously doctors won’t prescribe it for that. I know you can get it from abroad but some websites look dodgy. Wish I could get it over the counter!

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Water - and lots of it! It really helps.

I don't suffer with acne really, I never have done luckily, even as a teenager it was minimum
My skin suffers from open pores more than anything else and my skin can look tired sometimes. I am more worried about it looking aged and I am not sure how to prevent that?
I wear make-up almost everyday and I have done since I was 14 (I am 28 in a couple weeks) even popping to shop for milk, I will put almost a full face on but now as I coming into my 30's, I wanna try prevent it looking old.

Does anyone use anti-aging products? for 25+ ?

Natterbox80

VIP Member
Anyone can help with scar fading/aftercare? I have a couple of fresh scars and am currently using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume, it’s working well on my face but not my body 🙄
Microroller, Retin A (tretenoin) Bio Oil would be the only things I have researched that claim to remove scars effectively.

TheMedicine

anyone have any facial cleansing recommendations for sensitive acne prone skin
Bioderma sensibio. You might want to double cleanse, but not while the skin is inflamed. That would mean oil based cleanser and after it a gel one - sensibio was recommended to me by my dermatologist while I was battling rosacea.

I also like Cosrx low PH cleanser. Hasn't caused skin tightness or inflammation, irritation yet.

littlepup

VIP Member
Hi guys I’m after a bit of skin care advice for my daughter, I’m looking to give her a at home facial over the weekend to try and clear this on her cheek. So far I’ve got the Elemis cleansing balm, the ordinary salicylic acid mask, and a few ordinary HA products. Is there anything else I need? Or could someone give me a routine please? X
Acnecide Benzoyl peroxide cream. A tiny amount on the affected area. Really tiny as it will totally dry the skin out and can cause peeling if you use too much, and e careful in the sun after. Alongside the SA it should help.
Salicylic Acid vs Benzoyl Peroxide: Differences, Uses, Benefits (byrdie.com)

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Thanks to you all who recommended The Ordinary Retinol, it’s arrived and I can’t wait to try it. I’m a bit confused as to do I put moisturizer directly over it or leave it without

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Ive just bought the ordinary argireline solution. How long until I’m supposed to see results? Ive used it last night and this morning. Also am I supposed to use this before or after moisturiser and can I use it jointly with retinol? Thanks 😀 I’m clueless!

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
So I’m coming to the end of my medik8 lipid cleansing oil and I’m not sure whether to repurchase (it’s quite pricey) or try the Cerave cleansing oil- has anyone else tried it? How do you rate it?