Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Image skincare vital c eye cream. Also look into cyro globes - they are like sticks with balls on the end you pop in the fridge or freezer… they are amazing. You can get cheaper ones on Amazon so don’t feel the need to buy expensive ones.
Primark also sell them, I have their ones and they’re lovely. Think they were only about £6

Reactions: 3

bolimepipi

VIP Member
A tip I got from a Facebook group all about The Ordinary products is that Argireline works best if you rub it really quite firmly into your skin, not the usual patting it on gently. It’s said to give a sort of temporary Botox type effect. I do like it but my routine is a bit full so I haven’t used it recently.
i was planning to use it around my eyes - would that still be okay?

I swear thats my problem with the Ordinary products. I always confuse myself! The names are all so ingredients focussed and then I'm standing at my sink going...'wait, what does this do? Do I need this tonight?'. Then I end up doing a google search! I like that the Inkey List has a little thing on their label that mentions what the product is for.

Good luck with the new products!
it's very confusing isn't it 😅 thank you!

i forgot to add a pic, i love the packaging so much, and the bottles themselves :)

ord.jpeg

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve just bought the Dr Jart Cicapair trial kit - I have persistent redness on my cheeks (I think linked to my eczema) which feels flushed. I’m worried my skin barrier has been damaged due to retinol use so I’ve eased off that the past week and have been using hydrating and calming products.

I hope it’s good, I’ve read good things about it.
So I’ve been trying this out for a few days and I can say I really like it! The Repair cream is my favourite and I can see myself buying the full size. It feels quite mattifying but my skin feels super soft and hydrated - win win for my combo skin. It does calm redness down too. I mainly suffer with redness around my eyes and nose, as well as cheeks recently, so have been using the correcting cream before makeup in those areas. It’s green in the pot (green counteracts red) but once rubbed in goes a beige colour. It makes a great base for foundation/concealer and hides my redness as a result. The serum I’m not keen on but it’s still nice.

TL;DR - I like the repair cream a lot and the correction cream.

Snowjoke

VIP Member
All the ladies using ren glow tonic, do you use it 2 times a day? And do use it with retinol?

I use mine in the morning and it gives a lovely glow so not sure i need it 2 times a day but I also use retinol at night with the glow cream which i know is ok but can’t see anything about it being compatible with the tonic, i assumed not because its an exfoliant?

I have heard the tonic and cream together gives better results but i dont want to stop using retinol
I use it at night only which I follow by the ren overnight glow cream and eye cream. Altho if I have used anything exfoliating that morning say like a mask I don’t use the ren glow tonic then as it’s too much exfoliation for me… the glow cream work so well with it I cant get over how brightening it is lol I don’t think I would use the tonic with retinol being honest, too much exfoliation wouldn’t want to damage skin barrier

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
All the ladies using ren glow tonic, do you use it 2 times a day? And do use it with retinol?

I use mine in the morning and it gives a lovely glow so not sure i need it 2 times a day but I also use retinol at night with the glow cream which i know is ok but can’t see anything about it being compatible with the tonic, i assumed not because its an exfoliant?

I have heard the tonic and cream together gives better results but i dont want to stop using retinol
2 times a day is probably too much IMO. I would only use it 2-3 times a week as it is an exfoliating product and I wouldn’t use it the same nights as retinol. When using retinol you’re probably best keeping the routine rather simple, I go between phases of using it on its own or with niacinamide and hyaluronic acid x

• Heart

Peach97

VIP Member
Really lazy with my skin care 🙈, trying to get better this year.
Anyone got a very basic skin regime that I should follow
I think every skin type should have a good cleanser, moisturiser and spf. I’d figure out what kind of skin you have first and then base your routine off that.

Tommyb

Chatty Member
Embarrassing confession here, but I think I’ve had an ingrown hair on my areola for a while. Certainly there’s been a red bump that looks like one. I attempted to see if I could have a look and coax it out (I have some hormone conditions, I’m hairier than a lot of fellas at the best of times, ingrown hairs anywhere on my body happens sometimes) and it got a bit angry and red for my attempts to extract a hair or whatever was causing the bump. I tried a pimple patch to see if I could extract any yuck which would therefore allow me to see a hair. That seems to have made it worse, and it’s drawn out quite a bit of gunk, but not having a patch on means i have a small ‘hole’ of raw skin that stings. Every time I’ve dried a pimple patch over the days few days it’s drawn out gunk. Should I keep on with the patches and alternate between that and letting it breathe? Still cannot see a hair but don’t want to actually touch it as it will hurt like mad! I feel grubby admitting to this, haha. Grubby and troll-like. The other sort of troll to what Tattlers are usually called 🤣 good job this is anonymous, otherwise everyone would be sliding into my DMs when they found out how sexy I was 🤣🤣
Honestly I would leave it alone. Have used sudocrem on ingrown hairs before which has helped calm them right down. It has antiseptic in it. Don't put anything with chemicals on it!

petitspois

VIP Member
I’ve only used MediK8 retinol and their face wash (I think it’s called pore cleanse) but I really love both of them. Their vitamin C serum is meant to be amazing also. Very pricey but I think it’s worth it!
I agree. I'd sign up to their emails and wait for a 20% off code.

HoGi

VIP Member
View attachment 366407
This is what I got in with mine, I followed the diagram, I focus a lot on using both the stone and gua sha massager along my jaw line to help make my lower face look less puffy.
Also popping it in the fridge for 10 mins before makes it lovely and cool on the face, I can image it will be great for summer! Xx
Keep it in the fridge if you want an extra depuffing effect. Always work from the inside out towards your ears as this will boost lymphatic drainage, normally do 10 times each side and move on to the next area. Apply a small amount of pressure but not so much that your skin is dragging. If you find skin dragging or you can’t get the amount of pressure right, use a facial oil to give a bit of slip. Works excellent under the eyes and jaw line 👌🏻
Thank you both! Will have a go in the morning, off to pop it in the fridge 😀

• Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Absolutely love this thread, so glad I started it.

My current routine is so simple but my skin has never felt so glowing and smooth.

AM:
Either Cerave smoothing/hydrating cleanser
Vichy 89 hydrochloric acid when skin is damp (this stuff is amazing)
Cerave SPF 25 moisturiser

PM:
Same but without H acid + with burts bees night cream which is super gentle.

Have done a couple of Himalayan charcoal face masks from the body shop and it leaves my skin feeling incredible and I really feel like it’s helping with blackheads/pores.

Wanting to add something in somewhere to further evening my skin tone/helping with black heads and large pores. Potentially want a stronger night cream too. Can anyone recommend anything and where in my routine I can put it? Glowy, smooth and less knackered looking is the goal 🤣. Thanks!
Paula’s Choice BHA for pores and blackheads and skin tone after you cleanse - 2-3 times a week! Retinol and Niacinamide are also great for them things too, retinol would be at night time only though

I’d like to share my skincare item is Ren cleansing balm🌹 rose centifolia, smells lovely and great for restoring my previous dry itchy flaky 40yo face to normal and glowing like my 20’s 🤩 that’s all I use 😬
I love the overnight recovery balm by Ren, i’ve got their jelly cleanser which I’m excited to try at some point 😍

• Heart

Base2019

VIP Member
I have a question about retinol - I’ve just started using the ordinary retinol (0.5%). I actually bought it by accident as I meant to buy the granactive retinoid which is more gentle but though I may as well try this now I have it! I’ve been putting it on my face at night after I shower, and using a normal day cream with spf during the day. I’ve been using it about 8 days and still notice a lot of dry/flaky skin under my eyes and around my nose. My skin feels a bit sunburnt. Is this part of the normal adjustment process? I’m worried I’m just allergic to it and should stop using it!
Sounds like you are having a retinol reaction. Don’t put retinol anywhere near your eyes please.

Are your showers piping hot? If you like a really hot shower leave your skin to settle for a while before you apply your night time skin bits, especially as you are using stuff with active ingredients.

Also, you using the retinol every night? Please don’t do this. You need to build up your tolerance when it comes to anything with retinol or vit A.

I would defo reduce your use of the retinol for now, and phase it back in slowly. As your skin has been sensitised use a nice basic moisturiser on the nights your not using the retinol

Hope that helps a bit 😘 xxxxx

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Hi, never posted here before 😂 I was recommended the Ordinary skin care so ordered a set box with the cleanser, masque, niacinamide and moisturiser. I've been using it a couple days and my skin maybe subconsciously feels amazing! I was just wondering if I should leave it at that or add any other bits to my skincare routine? Tia🥰

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
Hi, I’ve noticed lately my face is looking very dull and grey around the eyes. A lot of that is down to poor sleep pattern, poor diet and not enough water. I’m working on that and will be in a much better routine once schools go back.

However I wonder if people can help with a good skincare routine too please? Currently I use a face wash, sometimes an exfoliating one. I have lots of bottles that need using up, so I’ve just finished using the Clinique exfoliating face wash and now I’m using the Lacura hot cloth cleanser. They’re almost full bottles so I’m not constantly changing, I can get a few weeks worth out of them.

I do that day and night, then I use the Elemis pro collagen marine cream after washing in the morning. I’ll use a night cream before bed, currently the Ren revitalising night cream.

Any advice for eye cream? And anything to give my face more of a glow? I have combination skin and suffer with hormonal break outs around my chin.
I would definitely add some kind of vitamin C serum into your routine. Its amazing for giving a glow. Ole henrikson vitamin C eye cream is good as well.

Also I love the body shop vitamim C peel, use that 2/3 times a week for overall glow.

maybe also add retinol to your routine.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
When you say tone multiple times, do you mean the 7 skins method? Because I have started doing this and it just feels really luxurious, not sure what effect I’ve seen yet but my skin certainly feels very even and glowy

I use the 60 second rule for when I’m doing my LRP effaclar cleanser as my second cleanse! I love it
The video I shared goes cleanse, tone, exfoliate, tone, mask, tone, serum, tone, moisturiser and oil. I generally do cleanse, tone, exfoliate, tone, serum, tone, sometimes another serum, tone and then moisturiser.

I’ve been wondering where in the routine to do eye cream?

Is a moisturiser with spf in enough? I use a moisturiser with spf 15 and a bb cream with spf 15. Then in the summer I use spf 50 on my face if I'm going to be out in the sun a long time.
I choose to use separate so I know the spf I’m using is at least 4 star protection. But I don’t think there is anything wrong with using a combo if it works for you. I enjoy doing my skincare as well so enjoy the extra steps.

I’m late to this, but for masks I swear by Glamglow.. pricey but sooo good! Starskin is also very good. I must also add that the nip + fab range is fantastic & very affordable! Q&A skincare is fab, their moisturiser for oily skin is a staple for me. I also personally love on etsy the people that make home remedy oils for acne. Some of them are great. I hope this helps whoever needs it! X

Universal

Chatty Member
Oh thanks for starting this. I feel like I had a splurge earlier this year and bought a load of products (when I wasn't in a good place) and now need to use them consistently and effectively. I am no expert so will be on here for all of the advice. I am edging closer to 50 but I do look younger ( I only feel confident saying this on an anon forum - I wouldn't say in in real life!).

My holy grail product is the Altruist body moisturiser with urea. Honestly, I have spent a fortune over the years on my scale-y legs and this is cheap as chips and works really quickly.