Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Not skincare but hormonal spots around the mouth/jawline can be greatly reduced by removing dairy from your diet or at least minimising it as much as possible. I used to be much better at this than I am now (damn you cheese!) but it really does help if you can cut the dairy back.

Reactions: 5

DailyGlitter

Is a moisturiser with spf in enough? I use a moisturiser with spf 15 and a bb cream with spf 15. Then in the summer I use spf 50 on my face if I'm going to be out in the sun a long time.
Its not - you don't get enough SPF in such product as you won't apply enough of it. SPF can't work for you if there isn't enough of it applied.

I personally wear SPF 50 on my face all year around but it works as my moisturiser too (Soltan Sensitive SPF 50 Face - its great)but I also use a strong retinoid so I need to be careful. If you knew you would inside for most of a day in winter (depending where you live the moisturiser would be fine im sure but if your goal is to protect your skin its not enough.

Reactions: 4

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
Oh my goodness - just have to come on here and rave about some new products!

I popped into Harrods Beauty a few weeks ago and came out with the Elemis cleansing balm, the Fresh! face scrub and rose face cream. They are such a good combo together! The face scrub in particular is amazing, leaves your skin feeling clean but not stripped. Going to buy the body scrub next!

• Heart

Base2019

VIP Member
My skin has started pilling. I think that’s what it is, after googling.

It’s only in the mornings and I’ve not changed my routine recently. I use:

The Ordinary Niacinamide
Eye cream
Elemis pro collagen marine cream
Face oil (which is when it starts pilling)
SPF

Should I just leave out the face oil for a bit? Is it maybe that the Elemis and face oil aren’t a good mix?

I’ve tried leaving a good 15/20 mins for it to soak in properly and that doesn’t make a difference.
Use any oil products before any creams 😘

View attachment 533317
My Superdrug Vit E goodies arrived today, I ordered them late Thursday night! I’ve just used the body cream (lovely) and the face cream (lovely again!). Going to have a mist now 😂

I’m going to use my Avene toner up first then use the Simply Pure toner. I use the SP hydrating serum and it’s so good for £3!
Yes girl!!!! Hope you like the mist 🥰🥰

• Heart

Shawads

VIP Member
I’ve e started using Avene 50 spf with added tint
I’m washing my face with superdrug vitamin c wash and recently started using Olay with retinol for night. In just a few weeks my skin is brighter and fresh looking.
Fab I need to work my way through the many many products I just don't use before I buy too much more. I buy things, forget I bought them (lots of other stuff going on, life is hectic, sometimes self care is bottom of a long list)
I bought a load of stuff in boots sale today, la Roche posay and maybe avene, can't remember but it was french SPF 50 stuff and they all specifically said non eye stingy formula on the boxes and I bought some of their children's products too so hopefully enough for me and the kids for the rest of the summer and then double up as nicer skin cream over autumn winter!

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I really want to buy some medik8 products - the ‘strongest’ products I use are the alpha wipes from Dr Dennis Gross and Murad retinol moisturiser. But I noticed a line from my mouth recently and need to up the ante 🃏 Is anyone following a mostly medik8 regime? My skin is combination, few fine lines and very tolerant to retinol. I know you’re not meant to mix certain things? so don’t want to buy stuff I can’t use together.
i use the medik8 c-tetra (vitamin c) and the crystal retinal 6, i’ve also used the liquid peptides which were lovely and the press and go too, i take these 2 in and out of my routine regularly but the c and retinal are sort of holygrails. i have combination skin x

• Heart

flamingo29

Chatty Member
Thank you both.

I’m using the Lacura hot cloth cleanser and the This Works hyaluronic serum.

I’ll probably cut back on the face oil to begin with then and see what happens. I’ve been using the moisturiser for a while and that’s been fine. Nothing feels too heavy or caked on. I wondered if my skin was purging? I’ve read a bit about it and it does seem to match what I’ve read.

It’s so confusing!
I started off with a lot of products and my skin went quite bad, lots of breakouts on my chin and jaw. I waited it out for months thinking it was purging but it never cleared up, I ended up really simplifying my routine and my skin is now clear and the breakouts have stopped.
Quite annoying though as I have a basket full of serums I spent lots of money on 🤣

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Is it actual snail byproduct? Is there some way that it’s harvested that isn’t horrid to snails if so? I’m curious to try it but as much as I am not an avid snail hugger or anything, if it’s some sort of a beauty equivalent of foie gras I might pass and stick to the stuff I use already! No shade implied to anyone here.
I think I read up about this and they basically just crawl around on a sheet thing with holes in and they collect it that way.

• Haha

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Has anyone tried the caudalie beauty elixir spray? Don’t know whether to get that or the vinoperfect serum or both?

im happy with my current skincare as it’s keeping my skin really clear but it’s only a cleanser AM and PM, Paula’s choice BHA PM and hyalaronic acid AM - feel like I want to brighten my skin and make it more even/glowy but don’t want to disrupt the good thing I’ve got going on haha

ideally want a nice serum and an spf that’s not going to break me out, so nervous to add new things!!
I’m just going to throw it out there that the vinoperfect serum is unrealllll 😍😍😍

• Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I use biotherm cleanser and toner morning and night followed by Shiseido Power Serum and Nivea SPF. Vitamin C at night and REN night moisturiser. Finally my rosecea has cleared after months of aggravated sores. I’m currently on antibiotics from my dermatologist twice a day, which I suspect is the biggest help, along with a probiotic nightly.

I’m considering IPL for the new year if suitable

Base2019

VIP Member
Trying out the REN overnight glow sleeping cream… so far so good! Says can expect to notice a difference after 7 days so I’m intrigued to see now

under the ivy

VIP Member
So glad you’ve found a routine that works for you @petitspois 😁

I’m about to start using my Medik8 Crystal retinol 3 after using up my LRP retinol. I reckon I’ll need to up my moisturiser levels as it’s going to be a lot stronger.

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
my skin HATES salicylic acid, i’ve tried paulas choice and cerave cleanser and it makes my skin so sore and my spots so angry, but i hate my sabaceous filaments on my nose and chin, how can i get rid of them x
You could try Mandelic acid> Apparently it's often tolerated well for people who are sensitive to Salicylic. Have a google and see if it sounds good. The Ordinary's is under £6 so not too much to spend if it doesn't suit.

• Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Any recommendations for eye cream? I have dry skin around my eyes so something moisturising / good base for concealer would be great. I’m using Cerave atm and don’t think it’s good.
Ivy! I don’t rate cerave personally, I really like the inkey list caffeine eye cream. I’ve heard great things about the kiehls one mentioned above but haven’t tried it! There’s a bobbi brown enriched face base cream that does an eye cream version which I also believe is great as it’s essentially part primer too.

• Heart

Snowjoke

VIP Member
I second the Ren ready steady glow, it’s amazing - I just buy the smallest bottle and it lasts ages as you use so little to get a great result. Just a couple of times a week does the trick.

I’ve tried other brands but they feel too harsh, the Ren is more gentle on the skin.
Another vote for the ren ready steady glow! I use it a few times a week with the overnight glow cream and it is insane how much it brightens 😮

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I've recently started using the Olay 24 retinol night cream moisturiser does anyone know if you can use dermatica with that? I can't find anywhere online that says you can or cannot use tretinoin and retinol together 😩
I'm not sure, but don't know why you'd need to use both? The tret would trump the retinol, I think it'd be essentially redundant, which might be why you can't find advice on using the both?

petitspois

VIP Member
does anyone have any recommendations for a cheaper alternative/dupe to liz earle cleanse and polish? I need to cut costs and just can't justify repurchasing right now, but am scared to change something that has always worked so well for me.

ps a few months ago I asked for advice on my dry and slightly reddish skin (mild rosacea symptoms) and the advice I was given has TRANSFORMED my skin. I can't remember when I last had any dry patches, my pores have significantly reduced in size and I also can't remember the last time I had a spot either. So a huge thank you!
The one in superdrug is great.

1656591253720.png

There is also one in Aldi but I haven't tried it.