Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petitspois

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a face wash/cleansing wash?

Recently I’ve used the Lacura (Aldi) hot cloth cleanser which suited me really well, then the Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash which was a bit harsh for me. I’m currently using the Liz Earle HCC which is nice, but I don’t feel I need to necessarily spend that much money if there are cheaper dupes out there.

Unfortunately my local Aldi didn’t have their dupe in today.

For extra info, I’ve recently purchased a Luna mini 2 so will be using it with that.
I've found the Superdrug HCC very similar to Liz Earle, similar packing too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Moolo

I love REN - seems to be one of the only brands that doesnt make my skin angry.

If you wear make up at all - would really recommend Face Halo to get it all off - you just wet it with warm water and it removes everything, even mascara - then you just chuck it in the wash and can use again whenever you need - Boots and Beauty Bay sell them

I use mine to take off face masks too - I bought a load on a beauty bay sale a while ago and have them everywhere lol

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Try the colloid patches. The Cos Rx ones are good and cheap. Zitsticka contain spot fighting ingredients (salicylic acid, etc) and are pricier but they often do deals on their website.
Yep came here to suggest the same! The cosrx ones cost £6 on asos! I’ve been using them but want to try the Zitsticka ones which are meant to be amazing. Often I find just using retinol or a salicylic acid on my face helps calm them down too

Traazers

VIP Member
Got my list of products I'm trialing! Even more excited for the parcel to arrive now!

BODY BUTTERBeauty Pie Super Healthy Skin Deluxe Body Moisture Crème
CLEANSING - WASHErborian Centella Cleansing Gel
DARK SPOT TREATMENTDoctors Cosmeceuticals Vitamin C Serum
EYE TREATMENTCharlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue
FACIAL EXFOLIATORErno Laszlo Brightening Dual Phase Peel
FOOT TREATTropic Polishing Foot Pebble
HAND SANITISERthis works stress check hand shield
MIRACLE TREATMENT - SERUMClinique Even Better Clinical Radical Dark Spot Corrector + Interrupter
TINTED MOISTURISERecooking Tinted Day Cream
BRONZERDr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint

• Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I've had a good search through this thread but struggling a bit, advice really welcome

I have always had naturally oily skin but seems to be worse at the moment, it builds throughout the day even when not doing anything, no makeup etc. Doesn't cause spots or anything so I don't need treatment for breakouts but I just don't want to look so shiny all the time. Maybe it's the humidity idk but I feel gross

Anything I can use to help control it a bit and mattify my face? I get dry patches too if I'm not careful so I use HA and moisturiser so I don't think its a lack of hydration. Do I need a Niacinamide or something? I've also seen Paula's choice shine stopper come up on google, any experiences?
Niacinamide will help. Oil is generally caused by a lack of hydration and balance in your skin though so I would also up your hydration. The biggest things that I think contributed to my oily skin (I’m very rarely oily now) was niacinamide, paula’s choice bha and upping my hydration because I realized it wasn’t dry skin it was dehydration.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Do you use spf before or after moisturiser? I was told by a very good beautician I should use it before but I’ve only seen people mentioning on different threads that it needs to be put on after.
Like the other posters have said, always last. Although, if I remember rightly, I think Ultrasun instructions might be to apply their product to clean dry skin - something about it having to ‘bond’ to the skin first. But every other spf I’ve ever used (and I’ve tried tonnes), is to go on last.

under the ivy

VIP Member
Hi All, I've got Caroline Hiron's book but am still confused. I'm too scared to post on the FB group 😨but I wondered if any lovely Tattlers could help? I think this is the routine I should have listed below. The only products I have and am happy with are cleanser and SPF - can anyone please glance over this below to see if I've got it right and recommend any star products for normal skin please? (I'm 43, normal skin, not sensitive, not many wrinkles but my skin is definitely getting really saggy and loads worse in the last year)

Morning
Cleanse
Acid - ?
Spray Hydrate - ?
Eye cream - ?
Serum - ?
Moisturiser - ?
SPF

Evening
Cleanse x 2
Retinol (not every night) - ?
eye cream
treatment or facial oil - ?

thank you to anyone who can offer advice!!
I think the main thing you should use daily is SPF and eye cream. The acid could be a glycolic or bha (glycolic for dull skin, bha if your skin is oily). If your skin is normal, you could skip this completely. The spray hydrate isn’t really needed either (in my opinion) but Superdrug do a good vitamin e spray for £3 if you wanted to try.

Serum - maybe hyaluronic acid to keep your skin plump? This could be used before the spray as hyaluronic acid attracts water from around you.

Moisturiser - Whichever your prefer, I really like Avene moisturisers for everyday wear.

SPF - I think this is the key step daily. I like la roche posay anthelios but it’s quite pricey. I think garnier do a good one.

Night

I like double cleansing! It’s key if you’ve worn makeup and spf during the day. Start with a balm/oil cleanser then your cleanser what you use on a morning.

Start off with retinol 2-3 times a week then build up to every other night then every night. What retinol product are you thinking of using? The la roche posay retinol is gentle for newbies.

treatment - don’t use any acids on the nights you use retinol. Treatment could just be your serum from daytime or something more moisturising for night time.

I hope this helps, sorry for the long post!

• Heart

1001 others

VIP Member
I splurge on skincare (Dermalogica) and save on make-up (there's an Aussie brand called DB which I love ... I find many of the products comparable to Estee Lauder, which I used to buy).

Before Dermalogica, I tried Clarins, Ren, Estee Lauder, Dr Haushka, Origins ... so many. But I just bought into the hype without getting a proper skin consultation done. Earlier this year I went to get a facial at a Dermalogica salon and they did a face mapping for me, which showed what I needed. I was so impressed when, saying to the therapist that I would just take a cleanser and toner to begin with, she gave me a huge wad of samples for all the other products that this face mapping suggested I needed. After working through the samples and realising the benefit fairly quickly, I invested in the full size versions which were veeeery expensive ... but worth it. I just wish the products smelt lovely like Ren or Clarins - I'm a sucker for a lovely scent.

Despite the cost of the initial outlay, the products are actually lasting a really long time, and my skin has never been better. I especially love the concept of double cleansing.

Carapop

VIP Member
Meh. It seems silly to be put off by the snail aspect and then put cow’s breast milk in my tea!

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I love the correction cream, it’s actually really lovely for them no make up days. I’ve worn it out with just concealer and a bit of bronzer and highlight and mascara and it looked sooooo nice. I wanna look at their repair cream.

Has anyone got any recommendations of a lightweight moisturiser? Potentially a gel type moisturiser..
The only gel mosturisers I've used are Clinique Moisture Surge and Neutrogena Hydra Boost gel. I liked them both equally but the Neutrogena is much cheaper.
Agree on both of these gel moisturisers. Clinique moisture surge intense (the newish one that came out) is fab, and the Neutrogena gel is lovely too just make sure you get the one that’s fragrance free.

MrsD33

VIP Member
Now that the suns out ☀, what’s the best face skin cream that can be wore under makeup?
I’ve been trying to find one for months but every time I see one recommended, I look at the reviews and it turns out they aren’t as good as they seem!

I wish more brands would do sample sizes so we could try first before forking out £20 - £30 on full size.

@petitspois @Lac1985

I said I'd update you about the Nivea cream combating oily skin. I have noticed a considerable improvement and will be continuing to use it. It has made my skin break out a bit but I actually think that's because it's somehow clearing the pores that were clogged with oil so I'm hoping that will settle. Not convinced about the anti wrinkle claims but you can't have everything 😆.
I've attached a photo of the one I've been using because I didn't realise Nivea did so many different ones.
20220601_185054.jpg

mcfeez

VIP Member
In terms of products I'd go for a make up remover and a cleanser, toner (if your skin isn't dry or sensitive), a moisturiser, an eye cream and maybe a serum too.

I love La roche posay, they do very skin typw specific ranges so you could give them a google and see what you think.

Body shop tbh do quite good skincare products - they have a vitamin c range which is popular.

I love kiehls too. So many people swear by their night serum.

• Sick

petitspois

VIP Member
Hi, never posted here before 😂 I was recommended the Ordinary skin care so ordered a set box with the cleanser, masque, niacinamide and moisturiser. I've been using it a couple days and my skin maybe subconsciously feels amazing! I was just wondering if I should leave it at that or add any other bits to my skincare routine? Tia🥰
Maybe retinol as you get older? It's hard to know what to go for and what's just marketing. I'm a million miles from an expert but remember watching the Cherry Healey show about ageing that was on a year or two ago and they had experts on there that said the only thing that will definitely reduce ageing is SPF and retinol. The best the rest can do is make it feel better.
I've just started La Roche Posay's retinol on recommendation from here and it's good but you probably need something much milder than that as you're not an old boot like me. :m

• Heart

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
Has anyone tried the caudalie beauty elixir spray? Don’t know whether to get that or the vinoperfect serum or both?

im happy with my current skincare as it’s keeping my skin really clear but it’s only a cleanser AM and PM, Paula’s choice BHA PM and hyalaronic acid AM - feel like I want to brighten my skin and make it more even/glowy but don’t want to disrupt the good thing I’ve got going on haha

ideally want a nice serum and an spf that’s not going to break me out, so nervous to add new things!!
The vinoperfect serum is amazing! It just makes the skin look so much brighter and nourished. It’s expensive but honestly worth every penny!

I am always tempted by the elixir but never tried, I think it’s more of a toner/hydrating mist than a serum.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Sugar and alcohol can be a trigger for me too, skin can be in bits after Easter and Xmas 😆 O and stress 😩 But the acne is still not even 10% as bad as I had in the past eating a standard diet.
Yeah! You’re not alone in that I’m sure, dairy is a big trigger for a lot. The body is crazy though how different people react to it!!
Can anyone help with adult acne please? My face is covered in blackheads and I get acne on my back and the top of my arms, really painful big spots.
I use salicylic acid but it doesn't seem to be doing anything so any advice would be great please.
Retinal would help in general. Paula’s Choice do a BHA body spot exfoliant (purple bottle) it’s reaaaallly good - I use it for my KP on my arms and less and it’s really helped with the bits of acne i got on my back and chest too. Niacinamide would help too.Back acne though as well make sure you’re cleaning your back LAST - so after all your shampoo and conditioner, and give your back some air too.
Anyone can help with scar fading/aftercare? I have a couple of fresh scars and am currently using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume, it’s working well on my face but not my body 🙄
Again, retinal and niacinamide would help here. Cicaplast is more for barrier repair I think (?) but you want something that’s going to help with texture. If the scars are on your body I believe the Paula’s Choice body BHA i mentioned is meant to be great for this and also I love a combo of bio oil on damp skin and then following up with palmers body butter for stretch marks.

petitspois

VIP Member
Hi! Bringing this thread back 😁

I’m currently using glycolic pads and toner, with my favourite E45 as a moisturiser. Working well for me at the moment but can anyone suggest some great AHA products?
I've been using REN's ready steady glow on a recommendation from this thread and it's great.

• Heart