Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Base2019

VIP Member
just tried the boots vitamin c brightening sleep mask and it was amazingggg. i recommend the entire boots skincare line honestly it’s so cheap and works well
The boots own brand vit c sheet masks from this range are brill! I love them. Must pick up the sleep mask 🥰

TakeYourMama

Can anyone offer advice on improving the skin/appearance of my legs?

I am pasty but besides that I do exfoliate my legs maybe once a week with a scrub and moisturise most nights - I have tried aha/bha lotions & a Vitamin C body lotion but nothing really helped. They aren't overly dry but they just have those little dots on them - I only wax. I don't really use self tan as I don't like it on my face etc and I think it looks weird if my legs are brown and my face pale!

Any advice?

Can anyone recommend any good products for treating hormonal acne - on my chin I get the usual four (all named after the Beatles at this bloody rate). I don't use tea tree and my usual routine is an oil based cleanser, relevant toners etc. Just wondering if there are any good solutions to make them go down quicker (I've used spot stickers, but thinking of other options).

hrh89

VIP Member
Thank you, I have a bottle of retinol actually I bought for a scar so I will give that a go on my face, is there a particular brand you use?

Thanks I will see if I can get some samples 😊 I’d be willing to pay if it genuinely works.
I tried a variety of silicone primers and find it doesn’t sit right under my foundation.
I just get so jealous of people with smooth skin but I guess that’s life and genetics 🙈
yes I use The Ordinary 1% retinol in Squalene 👍

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m using different ones for morning and evening atm but don’t think it’s really necessary!

I have the Boots vit C eye gel for the morning which I do like but wouldn’t buy again tbh. I’m using the Revolution overnight eye cream in the evening and really love it - it’s so lovely and thick and has a slight lavender smell which I suppose is meant to help you sleep?

The Boots caffeine eye cream is probably one of my all time fave skincare products. It’s super affordable and I noticed a difference in my puffy under eyes after literally one use.

The Superdrug and Body Shop vit e eye creams are both lovely too.

The Origins Ginzing eye cream is next on my list to try.

(None of these are retinol like you asked for - sorry!)
i love the origins ginzing eye cream 🤍

MrsD33

VIP Member
So azelaic acid is used for treating both rosacea and breakouts. As a previous poster recommended, The Ordinary do an azelaic acid which a lot of people find really effective. You could start there and see how you get on with it. Another option for you could be Dermatica - a brilliant prescription service which I use myself. You upload photos of your skin and they’ll formulate a product for you. They use azelaic acid and also other ingredients which help with breakouts and acne. It’s £20 a month but I spread mine out to receive every 56 days so it ends up being £10 a month as I never go through one bottle in a month! All the ingredients are prescription strength so really effective!

So Dermatica is definitely an option to consider but if you wanted to try over the counter products first then azelaic acid and salicylic acid are 2 ingredients which would work well, you may also like niacinamide! I’ll happily recommend some products and/or a routine for you if you like! ☺
Can you recommend anything to reduce the appearance red thread veins on my face, neck and chest?

I started using glycolic acid last year then started noticing red veins appearing. When I asked about them I was told that this was something that can happen when using glycolic acid.

I stopped using it but the thread veins are still as bad. Any help would be appreciated 😊

Sparklesurprise

Chatty Member
So I’m using tropic atm - cleanser, toner, day cream, night cream, day eye cream, night eye cream and a serum. And a mask... I love the products but I feel like I need something more for large pores? They say there’s like a natural retinol type product in the night cream but I’m not sure. Anyone have any advice on big pores? My skins otherwise pretty clear tbf

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I've got Revolution Hydraulic Acid. I have been given Pixi Retinol toner. Can somebody please give me a regime in order on how to use these please? I also have Loreal anti aging revitalift day and night creams. What order and how often?

I am mid 30s, my skin is showing its first signs of aging by loss of volume more than actual wrinkles.

petitspois

VIP Member
You don’t need to use a salicylic acid everyday - that’s too much exfoliating and will destroy your skin barrier - 2-3 times a week is fine. I have no idea what the 2in1 cleanser toner is like but from looking at it - I personally would have a separate cleanser and a separate toner. If you’re using SPF then you need to be double cleansing because a cleanser toner like that isn’t gonna get off all of your spf and any make up you might wear - ideally a balm or oil first and then you could use the nivea as a second cleanse but i personally use la roche posay effaclar cleanser as my 2nd cleanse or a hydrating cleanser like kate somerville goats milk or elemis superfood. You should try to cleanse in the morning if you can because again I think you’re congesting your skin otherwise. You need hydration in your routine to balance out the oilyness!

What spf have you been using?

Just for reference moisturiser with spf isn’t enough protection for your skin generally. Look at bondi sands, LRP anthelios, elizabeth arden city smart prevage, ultra violette screen queen is lovely, the ultra sun one is meant to be amazing but haven’t tried it yet and i’ve just started with supergoop which is nice! for your hands maybe you’d find a spray spf better? garnier do a great spray one which I use on my hands as I think I have polymorphic light eruption when it’s really hot cos i get a small patch of red bumpy skin when i have a lot of sun exposure!
I've tried the bog standard ones plus Heliocare, anthelios and now have that Ambre Solaire over make up mist. I think it's because I have oily skin I look so shiny. I'll live with it on holiday but not at home x

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I’ve got really bad open pores/scarring on my nose so I’ll definitely be trying this thanks so much
No problem! Hope it helps. Just make sure you patch test and don't leave it on too long otherwise it feels a bit sore like sunburn. Also it's very drying so moisturise well afterwards. 😊

Base2019

VIP Member
I've got Revolution Hydraulic Acid. I have been given Pixi Retinol toner. Can somebody please give me a regime in order on how to use these please? I also have Loreal anti aging revitalift day and night creams. What order and how often?

I am mid 30s, my skin is showing its first signs of aging by loss of volume more than actual wrinkles.
Can I ask what cleanser you are using?

I would cleanse, use your pixi retinol toner (use this at night only), use your hyaluronic serum (leave this to settle for a minute, will absorb quickly), eye cream if you use any and then your day/ night cream. Use an SPF during the day as will need this when using retinol, that’s really important.

If I was you I would phase in the pixi retinol toner don’t go full throttle with it every night. You don’t want to scare or irritate your skin. I would also only use it at night. Enjoy using your products 🥰 xxxx

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I’ve just bought the Dr Jart Cicapair trial kit - I have persistent redness on my cheeks (I think linked to my eczema) which feels flushed. I’m worried my skin barrier has been damaged due to retinol use so I’ve eased off that the past week and have been using hydrating and calming products.

I hope it’s good, I’ve read good things about it.
It’s supposed to be very good. I nearly picked it up myself a few weeks back but I decided to use up a few things I’ve already got on the go first. I’m sure you’ll notice a difference. Please let us know how you get on.