Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Has anyone here tried bentonite clay, AKA the aztec healing clay? I've been struggling with my skin for years and I feel like I've finally found my holy grail! It's fading all of my acne scars and my skin is so much brighter and clearer, and I've only used it three times.

You mix it with apple cider vinegar and mix with something that isn't metal. You might experience extreme redness (which is normal) but it goes down after around an hour. I use it twice a week after cleansing.

You can also use it on hair or apparently for smelly armpits and feet. It's wonderful, I'd highly recommend! 😊
I’ve got really bad open pores/scarring on my nose so I’ll definitely be trying this thanks so much

Can anyone recommend anything else?

my skins started piling as well of an evening.. my routine is:

cleanse with tropic smoothing cleanser then if I’ve had makeup on I use the cleansing powder
Tropic vitamin toner
Revolution retinol eye cream
The ordinary caffeine under eye drops
Tropic elixir oil
Alternate between salicylic acid/retinol

I’m not sure why?

Pinkii

VIP Member
Has anyone got any good recs for a cleanser please? I fancy something new! Something quite creamy I think - I have been using the Caudalie almond milk cleanser and before that I used the Liz Earle c+p (a classic!). I like the look of the Fresh! Soy cleanser but not sure if I’m being suckered into the nice packaging 😂

At what stage in your routine do you use the glow tonic? After cleansing like a toner?
yep, it stings a little bit and there is some redness but after that settles I have such a nice glow. It recommendeds usingam & pm but I only use AM, don’t need a glow at bedtime 🤣

abc i like tea

I've got problems with my lungs so can't have something with strong smells. I'm also Autistic and find a lot of creams (and other skin products ) to feel "heavy"

1) face wash recommendations please? I just need something that won't dry my skin out and will do something about my spots, please. I've tried clean and clear but I find it has a strong smell.

2) hand cream recommendations please? Like many people, I've found that the constant hand washing dries my skin out. I did buy some Nivea hand cream, but it felt greasy and the smell was a bit strong.

Thank you
so for the facewash try simple! they’re range is nice- scent free. Facewash alone won’t help with spots but if your from the uk try the salicylic acid toner or the niacinimide (sp) serum with zinc! Links below:
https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&...iYq6iA6eryAhUlnVwKHX8qBFUQ5bgDegQIARBL&adurl= (facewash)

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...jM-5Cc6eryAhUQgVwKHSMfAWwQ5bgDegQIARBD&adurl= (serum)

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...jY3prK6eryAhUIiFwKHcO2DxkQ5bgDegQIARBd&adurl=( toner)

Remember To use a moisturiser and all of these products are scent free!

Pinkii

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a decent retinol? (Not the ordinary please, didn’t do anything for me) Not too expensive, or any advice on where to get tretinoin on prescription?

Nipslips

Chatty Member
Sorry for only just getting back to you - it’s been on my mind but kept getting distracted. Ok I’ll share 😊

AM:
Cleanse with La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
Spray my face with Elemis Ginseng Rehydrating toner (sometimes if I want to save money i’ll use a rose water from ebay - can link if you want but was recommended this by a derm)
Whilst my skin is DAMP !!!! I put eye cream on - I use the Inkey List caffeine eye cream which I like but would like to try something else maybe and then Hado Labo super hydrating lotion on my skin whilst still damp as this really helps the moisture (i really love this!)
Then on alternate days I’ll do one of the following next - If i’ve used retinol the night before I’ll use a vitamin C as this is meant to be beneficial - currently just got a superdrug one but also really like the inkey list vitamin C but I’d like to try the Summer Fridays one eventually but spenny. Or I’ll use a little bit of niacinamide by superdrug again
or some Paula’s choice BHA just in the palm of my hands and patted in (the niacinamide or BHA depends on what i’m upto or how my skin is at the time)
Then I follow with Weleda skin food which is definitely not designed for my skin type (combo) but it’s made a huge difference, I love it. Ive been prone to replacing my moisturizer with an oil some mornings as I just love it hahaha i use either Pai rosehip oil or elemis superfood oil
Then always, always, always SPF 50 - I’m using la roche posay anthelios one at the moment but I loooooooove the Elizabeth Arden city smart prevage one as it has a lovely tint and glow - tend to use that more in the summer/spring months but it is expensive too.

Night time my routine as follows:
Cleanse - Majority of the time I’ll use the elemis rose cleansing balm as a first cleanse
Double cleanse - la roche posay effaclar duo, I double cleanse every night as you should if you wear SPF too. I never stray from these two cleansers, so a balm and a gel into foam cleanser.
Then on nights where I use a retinol I’ll do the following -
Spray with the mists mentioned in my AM routine and then whilst damp i use Retinol eye cream by inkey list and then retinal - I use the medik 8 crystal retinal i’m on number 6 i think? I love this, you don’t need loads and just pat into the skin. I do this every 2-3 nights, I just read my skin really. I let this sit for 20 mins before I apply anything else. Then I’ll apply niacinamide and then the hado labo super hydrating lotion and follow with the weleda skin food again.
On the nights where I don’t use retinol, I will spray my mist and do eye cream and the hado labo and then following with moisturiser and then one of the oils I mentioned and i’ll roller that into my face or instead of spraying i’ll sometimes 1-2 times a week use some Paula’s choice BHA lotion on a cotton pad over my face then the hado labo then moisturiser.

That’s generally it, it works really well for me and took me ages to find something that I love and has benefitted me. As I say, I really just read my skin to see what I feel like it needs! But it makes me feel really good 😄 I used to never use oils thinking they’d make my skin more oily but they don’t - my skin type has changed so much over the last year I’m more dry-combo rather than combo-oily now. I get a lot of compliments about my skin now which is lovely after struggling 😂 If you’ve got dehydrated skin I reallt recommend the spray & hado labo onto skin whilst damp. I sleep on a silk pillow case too!

Another thread on here as got me considering buying a LED at home mask from Current Body 🤣

Retinol only use at night, in the day use something different as retinol increases your sensitivity to light hence the recommended for SPF too
Is your Paula's Choice recommendation the black bottle? I'm gonna invest purely on your post!

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I don't think I have KP - as thats bumpy, my skin isn't really like that. strawberry legs....I googled that - possibly a mild case of this.
I have KP on my arms and strawberry legs. Dry exfoliating with a woven silk glove 2 times a week was great for mine (i personally think scrubs are useless), Ameliorate is really good for this and the Paula’s Choice BHA body spot exfoliant (purple bottle) - I’ve been using this every day, twice a day for the past month-ish and it’s helped massively! Other people have suggested epilating your legs instead of shaving or laser hair removal but obviously they can be costly x

under the ivy

VIP Member
Please can someone recommend an eye cream which will sort out my dry/dehydrated under eyes? I’ve read mixed reviews about Kiehls avocado eye cream as that’s what I was going to go for.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I’m having such an awful period of acne at the moment. All on jawline and chin so probably hormone related? I have just bought some niacinamide from the ordinary. Any other products recommended for acne?

mcfeez

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a good sunscreen to wear for sensitive skin? I had tried some and they always seem so thick, like I’m rubbing on thick suncream and I don’t think my skin will like it!
I can't use chemical SPFs at all so I am always on the lookout for really good mineral SPF. They are very thick however they are incredibly unlikely to cause any reaction at all as they mostly sit on top of the skin.

I've tried Ren which is quite good and Avene's mineral one (thick but not too bad). There are also powder ones you can buy now too that go over the top of your moisturiser or make up.

macmac

I’m not sure I would ever recommend someone jumped into tretinoin if they were new to a skincare regime. I’ve occasionally overdone it with regular retinol which is much weaker, it’s so easily done!
It depends on your skin type and the strength of the tret. Dermatica and Skin & Me carry out an assessment and you’ll start on a lower strength which will increase each month as you build a tolerance. You can also use every other day.

It’s 100% the best thing I’ve ever used on my skin. Been using Skin & Me for a year. I’m clear of all spots and have been for months save for the odd one around time of the month which disappears in a couple of days and is usually tiny. I used to get so many spots on my chin and jaw and they would be the painful red ones that never come to a head. At 34 it was starting to piss me off that I had the skin of a 14 year old!

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Little off topic but does anyone have any knowledge of hair extensions? My daughter wants me to do hers (I know she should go to a professional but she hates hairdressers she cannot stand anyone too close to her) so she wants me to have a go.

I am looking and nano beads or tape type ones but unsure which to go for.
I’ve never had extensions and don’t know anyone who uses them but my hairdresser uses the beauty works ones, I’m not sure if they’re good or not or what you’re after - the girls over on the Molly Mae thread or the Kate Hayes threads might be able to help you more xx

TheRoyalHousekeeper

What is retinol used for ?

I’ve been using witch hazel from any chemist or home bargains on a cotton pad after I wash my face and when I ran out I noticed loads more under the skin spots appearing (not red but raised) and when I began to use again they begin to disappear!

if I don’t manage to wash my skin thoroughly for a couple of days, they come back (always around the chin) so along with witch hazel I dab sudocrem on my chin area at night which helps to dry the area out and they disappear

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Water hardness definitely affects your skin. I found using a thermal water spray (La Roche Posay Serozinc is good else just the straightforward water ones by both LRP and Avene) after cleansing helped.
Yeah, I thought it would - my skin is still calming down from being there last week. Would the LRP Serozinc be something you’d recommend using when around hard water?
I normally spritz with the elemis ginseng toner you see

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Today I put my under eye highlighter on with a brush and it just sat on my skin. From far it looked ok but close up it was patchy and noticeable. Tbh I never do a great job. Advice appreciated

What's your point

VIP Member
Little off topic but does anyone have any knowledge of hair extensions? My daughter wants me to do hers (I know she should go to a professional but she hates hairdressers she cannot stand anyone too close to her) so she wants me to have a go.

I am looking and nano beads or tape type ones but unsure which to go for.