Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
My skin is really bad atm. It’s dry with redness around the cheeks and a bad rosecea breakout with spits. My chin is also spotty. No matter what I try it’s not helping

bolimepipi

VIP Member
hi :)
i've never really had a skincare routine (i'm 27) as i've been very lucky with my skin, but i'm now at a point where i want to take care of it. but i know nothing about skincare! my skin is definitely combination skin, i get oily in the t zone but the rest is quite dry. the one slight issue i have with my skin is hyperpigmentation, i get red very easily. i have some freckles around the nose and cheeks. i only really get spots on my forehead.
that's about it, if anyone has recommendations for both products and a routine, let me know, thank you 🖤

IndigoViolet

Bit of an odd one but has anyone ever experienced this - I live in Liverpool and my boyfriends family are down south. Whenever I come down south, my face has a break out even though i’ve not chanted anything in my routine etc. I think it’s the difference between the water, up north is softer and down here is harder. I’m wondering if there’s anything I could do when down here to help it
Water hardness definitely affects your skin. I found using a thermal water spray (La Roche Posay Serozinc is good else just the straightforward water ones by both LRP and Avene) after cleansing helped.

nbt

VIP Member
I would definitely add some kind of vitamin C serum into your routine. Its amazing for giving a glow. Ole henrikson vitamin C eye cream is good as well.

Also I love the body shop vitamim C peel, use that 2/3 times a week for overall glow.

maybe also add retinol to your routine.
Thank you for the advice. I’ve just gone through all of my sample pots... I seem to have all the gear but no idea.

I’ve found lots of hydrating type creams, so I will have a read through the reviews of them. I’m happy to spend money but may as well use what I have first. Some include SPF too which I think I need to start using as I’ll be venturing out more.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Help!

ok I’m 38, have very oily skin, but it’s also prone to dehydration, I’ve a few deeply set lines in my forehead and nasiolabial but my biggest issue is my pores. They’re enormous and constantly blocked. I never thought I’d still be plagued with blackheads when approaching thirty! I’m lucky in that I’ve never really had acne but the congestion is real. And it really really bothers me.

I’m posting in both skincare and beyond skincare to see what kind of solutions might be recommended???
I have always had oily skin and big pores, for me double cleansing at night and finding the right moisturiser has saved my skin.

I can also recommend the body shop tea tree range.

Star is born

VIP Member
I’ve asked on another thread but will also ask here…
Anyone had profhilo and what are your personal views of the affects of the treatment ?
Is it worth the cost, it’s £200 per treatment near me, and need 2 treatments 4 weeks apart. Lasts 9-12 months. Billed as facelift in a bottle (syringe)
Thanks for any replies

indiansummee

I'm learning so much here!
Please can you suggest products/skincare routine for my 15 year old daughter? At the moment I'm encouraging her to cleanse with miscellar water (she doesn't wear make-up) and moisturise (with spf).
I'd like her to get into some really good habits, but I'm a little clueless myself (I'm very low maintenance ha ha).
Thank you 😊

petitspois

VIP Member

london1723

I have never found anything really effective for clogged pores/ blackheads on the nose. Tried all sorts of products and face masks, which help a bit but never completely remove them . Any ideas?

Did you get this on prescription?I know its good for anti ageing, but obviously doctors won’t prescribe it for that. I know you can get it from abroad but some websites look dodgy. Wish I could get it over the counter!
I have gone through serious maskne recently and my skin has never been in worse condition. Followed some skin care groups for advice and noticed people were mentioning tretonin and how they got their personalised prescriptions on Skin+Me. Did a bit of research and signed up, Sali Hughes mentioned it too recently so thought it can't hurt! Have been using mine for about 3 weeks and it sorted my maskne out almost completely and my skin is literally the best it's been in aaaages.

Gonna keep trying it but just something that could be a little more secure than dodgy websites! I know there is a similar popular prescription site - if I find the name I'll edit this!
EDIT: Dermatica was the other one! Haven't tried it but just in case you wanna look them up.

Last edited:

serenawaldorf

VIP Member
ps a few months ago I asked for advice on my dry and slightly reddish skin (mild rosacea symptoms) and the advice I was given has TRANSFORMED my skin. I can't remember when I last had any dry patches, my pores have significantly reduced in size and I also can't remember the last time I had a spot either. So a huge thank you!
What advise did you get? 😊 currently suffering with mild rosacea!

bubble_T

Anyone have any good dupes for Sunday Riley Good Genes? I used a sample the other night and wow! But £85 is a lot!

Also, any dehydrated skin peeps, what cleanser do you use and recommend?
I really like liz earle cleanse and polish, it's deff the best ive tried for my dehydrated skin and also cerave is decent. I want to try Sunday Riley too but I can't justify the price tag. Any moisturiser recs? I haven't found one I'm happy with yet.

luna012432

Rose quarts face roller and gua sha massager, I find these are great for lymphatic face drainage and have found it has helped reduce puffiness in the face.

I got mine of Amazon brand - ademan, I did have a face roller from Primark but it doesn’t have the same benefits.

bcfc999

Chatty Member
Thanks guys, I'm a bit confused about the oil/balm + another cleanser though. Won't oil make my skin oilier? Does anyone have any recommendations for a relatively cheap one? I've looked at the body shop tea tree stuff and it looks good - would that be the first or second cleanser?

hydeist

Chatty Member
I've started recently using a BHA in the evenings after I cleanse but sometimes it's a little stingy - is that normal for starting out with a BHA or should I stop using it?

Shawads

VIP Member
Thanks both I'll look out for it, in the meantime I'm going to try boots baby section, wish me luck 🤣😭❤‍🩹