Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I've been struggling on and off for about 4 years with very bad hormonal acne on my jaw and chin. Often painful under the skin spots and large whiteheads. I'd have maybe 2 days in my cycle where it would calm, then it'd flare again. The only thing that had worked before was lymecyclin from my GP and topical only seemed to inflame or dry my skin out.

I was influenced (🥴) on insta to try Skin+Me... You send photos and do a questionnaire to the dermatologists and they send you your topical prescription. I got a free month, now its £20 per month which is still less than I paid on various skin care. I have zero spots for the first time in 4 years! I am genuinely amazed.
My prescription is tretinoin, clindamycin and azeliac acid. Its a nice metal click stick applicant, seems very effective. 5 stars 👌

Any recommendations for an effective moisterisure for sensitive/spot prone skin though? Can't seem to find one rich enough that doesn't sting 🙁
What moisturizers have you tried?

slabber

Can anyone help me out...

I started my first "proper" skin care routine for the first time roughly in April if not before, and my skin has been breaking out intermittently ever since, mainly on my chin and forehead. Although I am a complete novice so my new routine could be wrong/no good and I'd be none the wiser.
At first I knew to expect the skin to purge but 3 months later and my skin has never been this bad.. it looks like I have acne on my chin.

Any advice much appreciated.

AM:
Cleanser (only at weekends really)
Paula's choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Every couple of days, hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C serum
Moisturiser

PM:
Oil based Cleanser (if wearing make up that day)
Cleanser
Paula's choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Eye cream & night cream

Jessy725

So after reading here and also asking for recommendations I have now added vitamin c and retinol in my routine. I don't use retinol every day but my skin is quite used to it after using Differin for years.

Anyway; about the vitamin c: does anyone also use it in the evening? or is it better to only use it in the morning and then some other kind of serum at night? I bought a retinol and a vitamin c from The Ordinary which are allowed to be combined so I don't see the problem in that, but maybe there's something else I could be using at night? thanks!

Zenchick101

VIP Member
Not sure if it's been mentioned but you should get tretinoin, it's prescribed by a doctor I think and is an effective anti-aging+acne cream.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Just so the OP is aware. This is an MLM. Doesn’t mean the product isn’t any good but just to be aware they use that business model.
I’ve used their blemish face mask which I thought was really good! Didnt know nor notice it was an MLM until covid happened and i saw people start selling it etc

LadyQuaithe

Has anyone been using fish ointment for a longer time? it helps soothe my sore eye area after too much reading. Apparently it's a great anti-ageing stuff.

bolimepipi

VIP Member
Maybe press firmly rather than rub? As you don’t want to damage the more delicate skin around the eyes. I use it on my forehead and tend to rub it in firmly there 😊
You’ll get your head around your products from The Ordinary in time! I’m a big fan myself but was initially put off by the names and the lack of knowledge on what to do with them!
woop woop, thank you! 🥳

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
yes sorry, looking for recommendations of a suncream for the face with spf 50 that can be wore under makeup, or even better if it was a tinted moisturiser aswell. Looked at a few online but reviews say they leave a white cast
I use the ordinary SPF and it’s great under make up or on its own. Goes on pretty white looking but sinks in after a minute or two

Carapop

VIP Member
Help!

ok I’m 38, have very oily skin, but it’s also prone to dehydration, I’ve a few deeply set lines in my forehead and nasiolabial but my biggest issue is my pores. They’re enormous and constantly blocked. I never thought I’d still be plagued with blackheads when approaching thirty! I’m lucky in that I’ve never really had acne but the congestion is real. And it really really bothers me.

I’m posting in both skincare and beyond skincare to see what kind of solutions might be recommended???

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Yep, anything B3 is niacinamide so look out for that in moisturisers/serums.

This retinol has b3 in it (and its also on offer too!)

x
Yeah I also love the LRP retinol, it’s a lovely product, it’s similar has b3 in. Really soothing compared to other retinols and leaves your skin feeling like glass the next morning.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
For the last couple of months I’m breaking out on my chin. No sooner as one angry spot goes another comes. I’ve recently started taking HRT and testosterone so I’m thinking that the testosterone isn’t helping. Can you advise what I can use to make my chin better?

Also my chest is getting wrinkly due to sun damage over the years. Any advice to help?

Thank you

Pinkii

VIP Member
The only SPF I have ever found which wears well under makeup and doesn't make it sort of dissolve off is the Body Shop one. I bought a Chantecaille one last week which I had high hopes for but make up had gone all greasy looking by lunch, grrr!
corsx aloe one, thats my favourite. Very moisturising and gives such a nice glow.

Does anyone have any advice for spots really deep under the skin? I get them around my period and they are layers deep and so so painful. They don’t usually come to a head either.
I had these across my jawline for months after taking progesterone. I was given Dalacin liquid, but they don’t do it anymore. It’s now a gel, not as good but still works. These types of spots should never be picked as they leave really deep pot marks. They do go eventually, but bloody annoying.

glowup

What is retinol used for ?

I’ve been using witch hazel from any chemist or home bargains on a cotton pad after I wash my face and when I ran out I noticed loads more under the skin spots appearing (not red but raised) and when I began to use again they begin to disappear!

if I don’t manage to wash my skin thoroughly for a couple of days, they come back (always around the chin) so along with witch hazel I dab sudocrem on my chin area at night which helps to dry the area out and they disappear
What are you using to clean your face? Cleanser?

Sounds like it would be good to look at this as you've mentioned the spots appear when you don't get to wash your face thoroughly

A1400

I used Duac and multiple other acne creams from the doctor when I was 14-18. Duac was my most memorable and most useful one. I watched a lot of skincare by Hyram and other tiktok skincare influencers and learnt small things! I use the simple water micellar face wash, hado labo hylaronic acid, the ordinary niacinamide and a face moisturiser! I usually tend to swap between cerave PM (I use for night and day as it has rlly high niacinamide!! Niacinamide is rlly good for spots and pores etc etc), the ordinary moisturiser and versed gel cream. I use treatments (once of one, once a week( such as the well loved Paula’s choice BHA/AHA (SO WORTH IT!!) and the Paula’s choice azelaic acid & the ordinary retinol!! ALSO SPF IS SO IMPORTANT. I love spf - garnier spf 50 is the best and such low price! I love the la roche posay one too. All of this knowledge came with trial and error and it took me a long time to realise what my skin liked and disliked! If anything stick to a cleanser, moisturiser and spf! Hope this helps xx

Hey all, this is more a make up question but think its related to my skin care... i use a ELF primer and then liquid foundation applied with a beauty blender everyday but i noticed on my nose and either side the foundation never looks right it.... almost like i see wee dots coming through. Also my forehead looks nice and smooth, no wrinkles but when i look at in a certain light its like there are lots of little bumps?! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Need help please 🙏🏻

Base2019

VIP Member
Can I ever introduce it again? Or is it just a case of just while my skin builds tolerance?
I wouldn’t personally as I don’t think the two agree with eachother 🙈 you could use something else if your missing the exfoliation side of it. Something like the hydrating clay mask from environ is great for gentle exfoliation and there’s no acids 🥰