Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
How do you treat large painful chin spots? I have a dreadful habit of squeezing and poking making things worse. My skin is sensitive too

Natterbox80

VIP Member
It’s crazy cos the only real dairy I have is cheese but dairy has never been a trigger for me. Mine is sugar, if I have had lots of sweets I know I’ll break out round my mouth 😂
Sugar and alcohol can be a trigger for me too, skin can be in bits after Easter and Xmas 😆 O and stress 😩 But the acne is still not even 10% as bad as I had in the past eating a standard diet.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Has anyone ever randomly developed dermatitis? I think I have it on my chin suddenly. I did think it was clearing up. But it’s worse again. It’s not something I know very much about
I get it now and again. I just scale back everything. Very basic cleanse and then QV cream or Aquaphor or Cerave healing ointment. Clears up quickly. Hope you get sorted.

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I have problem skin due to hormone issues and I've tried every lotion and potion under the sun.

You need to work out your skin type and choose a suitable cleanser from there. I have combination/oily skin so I use Cetaphil oily skin cleanser which works really well for me.

I use Superdrug glycolic acid after cleansing and then Superdrug vitamin E night cream. I use a charcoal salicylic mask once a week.

I also use dots for spots which are hydrocolloid and bring any sore blind spots to the surface, or suck out any nastiness in spots with a head.

Also a high factor facial suncream with 5* protection is crucial!

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for eye cream (perhaps with retinol)? No wrinkles yes but want to start asap! There’s so much out there that I don’t even know where to start.. Also do we need to use a different one for day/night?
I've tried the Jordan Samuel gel that's raved about, didn't rate it at all. Have been trying the Strivectin one for a couple of weeks (pink box) and it goes on really nicely, is hydrating but I've not yet noticed any improvements as such. If it helps, there's a lady on FB that sells sample sizes of some of the more expensive creams, the eye creams are a good enough size for a couple of weeks use so you can test it out. Her page is at "Skincare Freaks Sampling Club".

Outside of that I've also tried Facetheory's Occuwake eye cream which I quite like and is reasonably priced. Body Shop and Superdrug Vitamin E creams are good for hydration and purse friendly. I don't think it's necessary to use a different day/night eye cream though, all that I've tried have been for am/pm use. 🙂

Daisybee

VIP Member
Has anyone tried the ordinary products...what do you think of them?

always see people raving about them so thought I’d give them a go. Started using their niacinamide and zinc and have been for just under a week, but if anything I find my skin has broken out into little pimples and general seems worse

To put it bluntly, my skin has taken an absolute battering over the past couple of years and especially since having my youngest. This is going to sound awful (pls no judgements I’m already judging myself) but I literally wash it in the shower with water and that’s it at the moment, occasionally do a face mask and that’s about it - I feel like I get up and go straight away as it’s so full on with 2 under 3 and I’ve suffered bouts of PND since having my eldest so self care sometimes is last on the list. I used to have so many favourite bits and bobs and my skin used to be so glowy and clear using them all but I have just looked in the mirror properly (for the first time in about 7 months 🤢) and my face looks tired, full of blackheads, more spots than I think I’ve ever had in my whole life and yeah.

My first step is to start drinking way more water than I already am and to find a new cleanser. Could people share their skin care routines/favourite products/this that and the other. I have a fairly normal balanced skin type so yeah anything goes really! Thanks guys, from a very very tired mum of 2 Little’s who just needs to get some proper self love into the routine.
i don’t have any magic expertise advice but if you don’t wear make up then tbh just rinsing your face with water in the shower is fine most days! Maybe a deeper clean once a week! Nowadays people can be too clean and be a bit obsessive so I wouldn’t worry too much :)

I wash my face in the shower with a little sponge, it’s like circle and spongy material I have like 7/8 an just Chuck them away one by one as soon as I think their minging I keep the current one in the shower and that’s what I use to wash my face with a small bit of face wash I like the ones from Holland and Barrett as there organic and less chemicals :) then if I’ve worn a lot of make up well I don’t wear a lot but if I’m worn foundation then I do toner after on a cotton wool a bit later on before bed and that’s literally it for me! I’m a bit minging too as in the morning I just use a face wipe to get the excess grease off and sleep out my eyes and I go off to work 😂

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
Thank you so much for the thorough response! ❤

So something like this?

AM
Face wash
Retinol
Vit C
Moisturiser
SPF

PM
Face wash
BHA or Retinol (alternating)

Where would the cosrx snail mucin fit in?

flamingo29

Chatty Member
you cant really “shrink” them but I’ve found retinol has helped massively to make them less visible than they were. I’m always going to have them it’s just my skin and genetics etc but I genuinely think it’s helped mine
Thank you, I have a bottle of retinol actually I bought for a scar so I will give that a go on my face, is there a particular brand you use?

Despite claims of various skincare brands, from what I understand you can’t shrink large pores, just minimise their appearance. Estée Lauder’s idealist is really good for this but it’s pricy. They should give you a decent size sample however. There’s lots of products that will decrease their visibility but they are cosmetic rather than skin-care as such. Silicone primers will fill and blur them for instance. I think it helps to keep skin looking fairly matt so that the light doesn’t reflect around them.
View attachment 271899
Thanks I will see if I can get some samples 😊 I’d be willing to pay if it genuinely works.
I tried a variety of silicone primers and find it doesn’t sit right under my foundation.
I just get so jealous of people with smooth skin but I guess that’s life and genetics 🙈

Yes that’s exactly where they always are. Thank you all, I’m going to give the recommendations a try.
The other thing to do if they get really itchy is put some witch hazel on them or ice. The itching is the worse and makes it so hard not to pick at them. Hormones 😩

Libbylulu

VIP Member
does anyone have any recommendations for a cheaper alternative/dupe to liz earle cleanse and polish? I need to cut costs and just can't justify repurchasing right now, but am scared to change something that has always worked so well for me.

ps a few months ago I asked for advice on my dry and slightly reddish skin (mild rosacea symptoms) and the advice I was given has TRANSFORMED my skin. I can't remember when I last had any dry patches, my pores have significantly reduced in size and I also can't remember the last time I had a spot either. So a huge thank you!
Can you share what you use please

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
Cult Beauty have 20% off skincare at the moment. Anyone got any good recommendations of their ride or die products?

Re-ordering my usuals such as paulas choice BHA, the inkey list retinol eye cream and going up to the next level in medik 8 crystal retinal, going to 6 this time
is the inkey list eye cream good?

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
How are you finding the Inkey List retinol eye cream?
I really like it and sometimes use it as a spot treatment which they say you can do. It’s a lovely consistency too but I think I’d love to try another type of retinol eye cream, i’ve considered the murad one but £££

Sparklesurprise

Chatty Member
Have you tried the Weleda skin food? It’s really good price point (less than £15) and I absolutely adore it. It’s really really lovely on the skin and I love the smell x
I have actually I don’t love the light one but I’ve used the darker one for patches, but not tried it as an all over moisturiser if that makes sense?x

nbt

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a face wash/cleansing wash?

Recently I’ve used the Lacura (Aldi) hot cloth cleanser which suited me really well, then the Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash which was a bit harsh for me. I’m currently using the Liz Earle HCC which is nice, but I don’t feel I need to necessarily spend that much money if there are cheaper dupes out there.

Unfortunately my local Aldi didn’t have their dupe in today.

For extra info, I’ve recently purchased a Luna mini 2 so will be using it with that.

Pinkii

VIP Member
Can I ask about retinol again. I’ve used it a few times and my skin has become very rough and dry - almost sand papery feel to my forehead
do you have peeling? If so and that along with the dryness is somewhat normal, your skin is essentially peeling, takes a good few weeks to get results.