Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
So I really notice a difference when I keep up with my routine.

So AM I wash with a mild cleanser, I then tone and apply namicide as I have oily skin. I let that sink in and then apply a light moisturiser.

PM I take my makeup off with a eraser and water. Use an oil based make-up remover and then cleanse. I use the same toner and namicide. I then use a night cream with salicylic acid every other night.

The bane of my life is my oily skin.

under the ivy

VIP Member
I have combo skin and LRP anthelios leaves my skin hydrated and comfortable during the day. I also top up using the Garnier spray over makeup.

petitspois

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend anything for sun spots? the last two summers, at the first glimpse of sun, I get tiny raised bumps on the back of my hands which they go brown. There's nothing there at all the rest of the year.

I’ve been using Dermatica tretinoin and had a tiny bit of peeling. So I started applying a thin layer of Cerave moisturiser over the top of the tret, and it’s helped loads. Also make sure you’re using a really gentle skincare routine in general, no other actives, and a nice moisturiser and sunscreen during the day.
They’re really expensive, aren’t they?

Traazers

VIP Member
I've tried niod fecc which i didn't rate massively, gthe dr dennis gross serum and the charlotte tilbury magic eye cream and surprisingly I like the TC best. it's a nice texture and I have noticed brightening and fine lines being reduced with regular use.
Does anyone have any recommendations for eye cream (perhaps with retinol)? No wrinkles yes but want to start asap! There’s so much out there that I don’t even know where to start.. Also do we need to use a different one for day/night?

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I started a new skincare routine just over a week ago and it feels like I’m putting a lot of my face, although maybe this is because I’ve gone from basically nothing to all? I read online and have followed this order that I’d seen in a beauty article.

Hot cloth cleanser
Toner
Serum
Eye cream
Moisturiser
Face oil
SPF

I’ve also just purchased a Foreo UFO and using that twice a week.

I’ve had a couple of breakouts but wonder if that’s just due to trying new things and I need to persevere? What would others do?
That is a lot to be putting on your face if you’ve started from nothing, and you’re starting using a UFO as well. (I just got a UFO too, I love it!)

Maybe scale it back a bit and build up gradually, especially if you’ve had some breakouts and you don’t usually get them.

Depending on your skin type, I don’t think you necessarily need an oil as well as a moisturiser. Definitely not am and pm. Also, what type of serum are you using? Again, is it am and pm? Even the toner could be too harsh if it’s an exfoliating one as opposed to a gentle one, or it may contain alcohol which can also be harsh.

Without seeing the exact products it’s hard to say, but perhaps scale it back to cleanse, tone, moisturise, spf. for a few weeks and see how your skin likes it. Then cut out or add a product from there and then you can identify what your skin needs, responds to, and likes.

Just a suggestion. Hope you manage to find a routine that works for you 😊

GlowGirlGlowwww

VIP Member
What is everyone’s opinion on microdermabrasion? I really want to get Botox but trying to leave it a year until I’m 30. Was debating MDB but didn’t know if it’s actually worth it?
what is your skin concern, is it fine lines? as if it is lines and/or scarring, it might be worth looking into micro needling rather than microdermabrasion.

Shawads

VIP Member
Getting old and struggling with ageing skin. Want to use a decent sunblock for my face in this heatwave as lockdown stress really accelerated my wrinkles and age spots etc
Every sunblock I use no matter what formulation just makes my eyes sting so much I can't open them and bright red
I feel ugly and walking around with one eye shut is impractical.
I can't wear make up because of it , not that I do wear makeup much anymore but nice to have the option.
Washing it off just hurts my eyes more, they feel so scratched
Please advise!

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Could you go on the mini pill? I suffered with terrible migraines with my first pill but then switched to a progesterone only pill and it helped my skin and I got no more migraines.
Yes I meant to mention this too - I’m on the mini pill as i suffer horrendously with migraines - it did help for years with the migraines and the skin but i did have to go on migraine meds last year cos they did come back but since i’ve gone on them i’m fine!

slugella

VIP Member
I don’t use the ordinary but I do use glossier which is quite similar ingredients - the pimples could be your skin purging due to the new product. My partners skin purged so badly when he started using facial acids but has now calmed down, with anything it takes time and routine for your skin to get used to it - but if you notice they’re itchy, or stingy or notice any uncomfortableness in general when using it then please stop as it could be causing damage!
My skin purged from the ordinary. I was using niacinamide and the aha bha peel. My skin went really bad for about a week, the spots were so big and yellow! But I have really cleared up now, I'm so happy with the routine!

Not quite skincare but nailcare, which is close right?

I’ve never been very good with my nails, long term biter (still bite them when very stressed unless I am hyper aware), I’m also terrible for picking at the skin around my nails. I just tried a builder gel manicure (not extensions, just the biab stuff onto my natural nail) and it was ok, but I don’t know if it was very well applied. I have tried to apply oil at least once a day to my cuticles but I didnt make it to a fortnight before they started peeling off my nails from the nail bed. I don’t remember her buffing my nails for a key, although she might have done but I think the just filed them.
They should last more than two weeks, right? They didn’t look a whole lot better than when I’ve done my own gel nails.

Anyway, my whinging aside, what should I do myself to make my nails better/stronger/less prone to growing a bit wonky/breaking? The gel helped my urge to bite them, but I don’t know that a fortnightly manicure in a cost of living crisis is the best move I’ve ever made! I’d go back to doing them myself but I don’t want to make them any worse.

LisaVita

Looking for some advice… I have the following products but not sure if it’s safe to use them all at once and also not sure what order to use them in? Was wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to what I should use for morning and night? :)
Cerave salicylic acid cleanser.
Lacura (aldi own brand) glycolic cleanser
The inkey list tranexamic acid night treatment
The ordinary caffeine solution
Superdrug own niacinamide solution
The ordinary vitamin C suspension 30% in silicone.

TIA

flamingo29

Chatty Member
So I started Skin + Me last week, I have 4% Niacinamide, 4% Azelaic Acid and 0.006% Tretinoin and the flaky dry skin from the Tretinoin is real right now around my mouth/chin and lower nose..

I know this is a very common side effect and should hopefully only last a few weeks but has anyone else had this and have any tips/products that might help reduce the ‘skin literally peeling off my face’ look?