Siobhan O'Hagan #39 Living defensively, smelling offensively

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was there for a layover once. I wore a long dress and shirt going out and about. It's definitely better to dress somewhat modestly. And when I visited the grand mosque they said I couldn't even cover myself with a scarf cos my ankles were out a little. I had to buy an outfit outside the mosque that covered me head to toe. They were super strict. She's done no research at all which is so silly cos she has so much free time in London to be planning this. I visited a few different places like the Louvre and presidential palace. Wasn't that into Abu Dhabi but was still interesting to see and the mosque was fab. I'd say Abu Dhabi isn't what she thought it would be at all. I haven't been to Dubai but it is more glitzy and touristy I think. Yes I'd say they will definitely drive up to Dubai... I think they are fairly close.

Reactions: 10
These influencers saying that they are travellers etc is v annoying. Most of them just go to a city and drink/party. I don’t think I’ve ever seen O’Hagan put up a picture of culture. She has no clue what she is doing. Literally did not look up a single thing about the place she is going.

Reactions: 20
These influencers saying that they are travellers etc is v annoying. Most of them just go to a city and drink/party. I don’t think I’ve ever seen O’Hagan put up a picture of culture. She has no clue what she is doing. Literally did not look up a single thing about the place she is going.
Ahh well she did got to Cambodia and put a picture up from the killing fields and wasn't the nicest I think about the country. It was super cringe 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was there for a layover once. I wore a long dress and shirt going out and about. It's definitely better to dress somewhat modestly. And when I visited the grand mosque they said I couldn't even cover myself with a scarf cos my ankles were out a little. I had to buy an outfit outside the mosque that covered me head to toe. They were super strict. She's done no research at all which is so silly cos she has so much free time in London to be planning this. I visited a few different places like the Louvre and presidential palace. Wasn't that into Abu Dhabi but was still interesting to see and the mosque was fab. I'd say Abu Dhabi isn't what she thought it would be at all. I haven't been to Dubai but it is more glitzy and touristy I think. Yes I'd say they will definitely drive up to Dubai... I think they are fairly close.
Thank you! I was only planning an imaginary couple of days (friend was going and was like "you could bring me!"), but the Louvre and the mosque were definitely up there. It's not somewhere I would have planned to spend a week though, were I Siobhan. Layover I can imagine. Mosque even stricter than I would have thought, which is very useful to know, although think I did see something about buying/borrowing abayas or something.

Reactions: 3
This just brings me back to the point I made a few days ago about her always being surrounded by Irish folk.
She literally cannot go anywhere in the world and deviate from her coffee, Ubers, Uber eats and tit yoga.
I’ve travelled more by walking to the end of my street and getting the bus ffs!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Bet she thought she was getting Dubai on the cheap with this trip. Abu Dhabi is a lot more Emirati and conservative than Dubai. It's more family oriented and much quieter too. She clearly does fcuk all planning or researching for her travel, and just rocks up anywhere with her ratty extensions and painted on MP shorts expecting to be shown a good time AKA get rattled out of her eyeballs and order Uber Eats all day every day. Uncultured swine.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Have been to Dubai a good few times to visit family and friends and AD a few times also. AD is the Emirati capital and a much more Conservative business city than Dubai. A day did me there. They cab go see the Grand Mosque and go to the mall. Dubai is about a 90 minute drive so she can go up there and get pissed and hit the clubs if she wants and parade around with her camel toe hanging out in the too small shorts.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Have been to Dubai a good few times to visit family and friends and AD a few times also. AD is the Emirati capital and a much more Conservative business city than Dubai. A day did me there. They cab go see the Grand Mosque and go to the mall. Dubai is about a 90 minute drive so she can go up there and get pissed and hit the clubs if she wants and parade around with her camel toe hanging out in the too small shorts.
Genuine Question - can unmarried couples share a hotel room in AD? I know it’s “illegal” in Dubai - but not enforced. But considering how conservative AD is would it be enforced there?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Genuine Question - can unmarried couples share a hotel room in AD? I know it’s “illegal” in Dubai - but not enforced. But considering how conservative AD is would it be enforced there?
I had to look it up. I suspect I'd be nervous, or would be buying a pretend ring or something. https://www.thatcouplewhotravels.com/can-unmarried-couples-in-abu-dhabi/
I'm sure people do it all the time, but I've watched too many episodes of Banged Up Abroad where they were even getting thrown into jail for being tipsy in a taxi etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dubai is a lot more liberal than Abu Dhabi. You can share an apartment or hotel room unmarried in Dubai, for example… although, they turned a blind eye to this anyway before the rule change.

Abu Dhabi has elements of that (there are some brunches for example), but nowhere to the extent of Dubai. Totally agree with everyone about her lack of planning. If she’d done her research, she would have stayed in Dubai and then done the 90 minute drive to AD on Thursday like everyone else. All the F1 teams will still be travelling back from Brazil at this point. Not to mention that the championship is wrapped up, and now it’s just the drama of who will get 2nd place. All for the ‘gram. Not an ounce of authenticity about her excitement for the holiday.

Reactions: 14
All the way to Abu Dhabi for what looks like … a hot dog and a handful of wedges.
#opulence

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
We haven't had a hotel room tour yet. Seeing the cement city and dusty windows. All very cloak and daggers. Poor Shiv is struggling with this holiday.
First thing I noticed was the state of the windows. She probably didn’t judging by the state of her mirror and laptop screen

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Business class for a steak sandwich. Abu Dhabi for a hot dog.

Prisoners eat better.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Delighted she’s having an evidently boring time. Looks absolutely shite.
Agree, she makes it shite because she's so one dimensional.

She could go to the desert for a camel ride, visit the mosque or do the buggy's on the dunes. But nah. Margs Margs Margs + food + punishment training.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.