Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smurphette

VIP Member
Subject : Open your laces 🤝

I was slipping my runners off (or should I be saying “trainers” now?!) the other day without opening the laces. I thought about how I would have to open the laces when I was putting them back on.

So I opened them.

Because my future-self would thank me.

That is a form of self-love.

Here are some other things that my future-self might thank me for:

• Having my gym gear ready for when I get up

• Making my bed

• Yoga

• Planning my food for the day

• Training

• Spending time with friends

• Writing that email

• Returning those packages

• Reading

• Leaving the apartment clean before bed

(Ok - this is actually just turning into my to-do list for today!)

So let’s consider things that my future self won’t thank me for:

• Going to bed late

• No clean coffee cups in the morning

• A hangover

• Scrolling instagram for hours

• Watching TV

• Sacrificing special moments to be leaner

These, of course, are all common sense. But common sense doesn’t always prevail and we often feed our current needs rather than our future needs.

I think that long term happiness comes from a mixture of both.

I don’t believe in always working towards a future goal, if it results in sacrificing current happiness.

But I also don’t believe in just making decisions based on what you want now.

This is where “being mindful” is important in all decisions you make.

In The Furnace, we encourage mindful decisions through the mindset section. This results in intrinsic motivation, and personal responsibility that can be carried throughout your life.

If you’d like some help with this, please click here to get started in The Furnace this week.

I had some questions yesterday about starting a 12 week program when Christmas is less than 12 weeks away (yay!), and we are happy to pause subscriptions for up to a month any time.

If you have any questions before signing up, please reply to this email.

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan “Self-love looks different for everyone” O’Hagan
Sitting in work while a meeting drags on, cry laughing that she thinks making her bed and shoe lace management are achievements.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

KarenK93

What on earth does she mean she’s never on this side of the world to be sure it’s autumn weather?!? She spent the last 3 years (4 at a maximum) of her 34 years in Asia from September to November. And flew home again for Christmas. I cannot comprehend the level of arseholery to which she manages to reach almost daily. We all don’t know what to be wearing, one day it’s warm, the next it’s bitter and raining. That’s Ireland (or the UK), bbz. You know, the place you have spent the vast majority of your time on this planet.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

caramelsq

VIP Member
Has she never been cold before?
Did she not grow up in Ireland?
What’s her fucking problem?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Londoncailín

VIP Member
‘How great are newspapers’

Is this the content she is reduced to now?? IS SHE ACTUALLY OK????? Doesn't she recall ye old times in little old Ireland when we had those very newspapers and still do??! I'm so morto for her.

• Haha
  • Angry

IndividualIf20

VIP Member
I love London.
Jaysus say it 3 times in the mirror and Shiv appears behind you. I think that's the 100th time she's mentioned it in her morning thoughts since she got there.

"Didn't drink all day" you have cava at brunch and red wine with a cheese board. I know it's not an all day binge but its still not a regular occurrence for a normal person and not something I'd be praising myself for ?

• Haha

Eggs&bacon

CRINGE.

Me and @ James smith you know my mate James,. My really good pal James “who definitely doesn’t laugh about me in the group chat” Smith told me to do no gi & is the sole reason I get up at 3AM to do BJJ now xxx

She has fuck all ideas of her own. Moving to London wasn’t her idea. BJJ was to impress James, now no gi to also impress James.

Side note maybe he was saying no to her stinking unwashed gee.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

leahcimm123

VIP Member
Shivs literally like ‘awww didn’t make it home to see my best friend before she goes to the other side of the world….anyway, time for jujitsu 😀’ at least pretend that you’re a bit upset!

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Sparklelife2304

Halloween themed thread title suggestion:

They used to fear Frankenstein's Monster, but now kids run from the Clapham Stomper

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Sparklelife2304

Stomp round Clapham twice a day,
For the wanking men - flaps on display
But if you really want to see them whack it,
Just take off your North Face jacket

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Madeline 74

VIP Member
I said it before. She always sounds like she is just writing a personal email to herself to justify why she is just a spud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35