Siobhan O’Hagan #35 FLAPham Common

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New e-mail

—————————————————————

Subject : My problem with Slimming Clubs 🙄

For legal reasons, let's talk about this hypothetical business called "Slimming Club"...

No no wait - let's call it "Skinny World".

"They'll never know" (tiktok reference)

Let's say that they charge everyone to weigh themselves in front of a group and are then praised or chastised based on whether that scales is higher or lower than when they paid and stood there the week before.

The sad thing is, that the majority of women that join these clubs want to be healthier and leaner.

Surely it is known by now that just because the scales goes down, it does not mean that you are any healthier or leaner.

Of course, you *can be* lighter, healthier and leaner, but correlation does not equal causation.

Here's why focusing on the scales as a measure of progress can actually be detrimental to your goal of looking leaner.

Muscle is more dense than fat.

Having muscle makes you look leaner than if you were the same weight with less muscle.

I've had hundreds of clients tell me that they were advised *AGAINST* training in the gym after the scales didn't budge/went up.

Can you see how crazy that is?!

You are improving your health, getting stronger, balancing your hormones and looking sexier... but the scales hasn't budged so you must be doing something wrong?!

Give me strength...

But why are these 'leaders' giving this advice?

Because they don't know any better.

I'm pretty sure the leaders are picked because they have lost a lot of weight through that club.

Not because they have studied training, nutrition or health psychology.

Years ago I did Weight Watchers because I was 20 and I wanted to be skinny.

I was quite active but I knew nothing about nutrition.

I lost a lot of weight fast. I was eating mainly chicken salads and Walkers Baked ("only 9 points for 6 packs"). I was doing a lot of cardio to "earn points" for more food. *shudders*

But what happened when I was extremely thin? I as advised by my family to stop.

But I had no knowledge of nutrition. So I piled on the weight when I tried to live my life without WW.

Then I had a great idea - I'll go back and pay them again!

Very smart business model to be fair.

But for somebody like me now, in this industry where I see so many women uneducated and beating themselves up for a number on the scales, it is important for me to make women independent, empowered and full of knowledge so that they never have to join one of these pointless 'clubs' (read: businesses) again.

I could go on and on with this rant, but maybe I should practice some gratitude because if these businesses didn't exist, maybe I wouldn't have so much success with my business, when the women finally come to me after giving up on these clubs.

Maybe I should make a 'Slimming World Survivors' group.

Eh... I mean Skinny World.

Click below to join.

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan "Weight loss ≠ Improved Health (but can correlate)" O'Hagan
Didn't she say last time she wrote an email about slimming World that it's been years since she did it so it might be different now... but hey ho.. keep going, Shiv.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I see it as textbook ADHD: disorganization, overspending, indecision, problems listening to other people, frequently wondering from one idea to the next and not being able to cope with simple tasks as chores or … hygiene. Having said that, not my area of expertise. #Cuntitis at the very least
Just sounds like a typical “influencer” who has too much time on their hands & switches things up to stay “relevant”. (Also I have adhd so not shaming 😂)

She tries to appeal to too many crowds. Her page is just nonsense- fitness, beauty, parties, fried foods, festivals, F1, GAA, designer bags, tourism, travel etc. Anything she can latch on to do she can throw out a #ad

She doesn’t need to be structured with chores etc- cuz she literally has no commitments. SHE IS A GIRL BOSS 🙃. Structure is for poor people, who have to work to stay afloat, working for “the man”.

She can pay someone else to do it, she will. Didn’t she say when she was in Bali she worked the bare minimum, because she could? - that’s a choice. She recognises it. where do I sign up for the fitness Furness? Great coach.

People on here used to say it- how can she live in a constant holiday, not get bored, how does she feel it is purposeful etc. She used to slam the 9-5 culture, everyone was jealous etc. and were called trolls. Yet some hippy? Or doctor 😂 does a podcast / YouTube video...& she realises that life ion holidays 24/7 lacks depth.

too much time on Instagram - not enough time in the real world. Live their lives going around massaging each other’s egos, chanting to themselves about how they are “so sound and down to earth”.

Reactions: 23
Just sounds like a typical “influencer” who has too much time on their hands & switches things up to stay “relevant”. (Also I have adhd so not shaming 😂)

She tries to appeal to too many crowds. Her page is just nonsense- fitness, beauty, parties, fried foods, festivals, F1, GAA, designer bags, tourism, travel etc. Anything she can latch on to do she can throw out a #ad

She doesn’t need to be structured with chores etc- cuz she literally has no commitments. SHE IS A GIRL BOSS 🙃. Structure is for poor people, who have to work to stay afloat, working for “the man”.

She can pay someone else to do it, she will. Didn’t she say when she was in Bali she worked the bare minimum, because she could? - that’s a choice. She recognises it. where do I sign up for the fitness Furness? Great coach.

People on here used to say it- how can she live in a constant holiday, not get bored, how does she feel it is purposeful etc. She used to slam the 9-5 culture, everyone was jealous etc. and were called trolls. Yet some hippy? Or doctor 😂 does a podcast / YouTube video...& she realises that life ion holidays 24/7 lacks depth.

too much time on Instagram - not enough time in the real world. Live their lives going around massaging each other’s egos, chanting to themselves about how they are “so sound and down to earth”.
How very bleeping dare you…. There’s no fitness on that page. Have you seen her do a burpee? Nuff said 😂😂

Does she not realise how much of a dick move this is
Only dick she’s getting ✌

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She always wheels out the 'you're building muscle that's why the scales aren't moving' shtick. She has no understanding of hypertrophy or strength training and weight loss at all.

It takes so long to build any muscle that anyone on a reasonable weight loss diet would still see change on the scales even if they are strength training. I know because I lost over 20kg whilst building muscle - how much muscle did I build in that time about a kilo... I had a good base to start from but building muscle is very slow going, in comparison lowing body weight in a reasonable deficit is quick.

Also have we ever seen evidence of weight watchers skinny Shiv? I've seen bodybuilding show Shiv but all the photos she usually cycles from before then shes usually the slightly bigger girl (probs size 14ish)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Lads I don’t even enjoy reading her drivel emails for the irony/hypocrisy/complete lack of self awareness anymore. They’re all so incredibly predictable and repetitive. Not repetitive as is consistent though! Just the same “hot topic” regurgitated over and over again, I think the furnace has burnt me out🙈 She’s such an empty vessel

• Heart
Reactions: 23
'Over it', as in over London? What does she do with her time past 11am after her shite morning routine? Why didn't she do a shop and do some cooking? Clean her flat?
Do some work?
She's going to have a very long and moany lonely winter if she doesn't up sticks and go back to "home" Bali.
Seems to be laying the groundwork the past 2 days for an exit to Bali. She has zero resilience, commits full pelt to an idea then runs away from it at the first indication of adversity.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Seems to be laying the groundwork the past 2 days for an exit to Bali. She has zero resilience, commits full pelt to an idea then runs away from it at the first indication of adversity.
I think she'll randomly go quiet for a couple of days then turn up in Bali banging her gums on a video on why Bali was always her home and London wasn't working out blah blah blah

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She can’t afford to stay in London.
For sure, buying couches for a bloody rental and eating out every single meal isn't going to help that. The word salad in her daily emails isn't going to bring additional income either.

Convinced she has a side hustle to pay the bills. Someone mentioned it before, she's always talking about sweat on her stories - who knows what she is flogging online when she is being that openly disgusting.

Reactions: 19
Is the loosing weight centred around Sonny's return with James Smyth? She did the same in Bali before he arrived to Diren 🧐 See they flew 1st class from Sydney..she'll be flogging the furnace and MP range to beat the band to keep up "Biz" class just won't cut it now

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.