Siobh.Ohagan #14 Waxed, vaxed, paid no tax. Ireland doesn’t want her back.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What i find really odd is that she thinks it's one or the other.

She thinks you can't get married have kids and travel - ungraceful guide

She thinks you can't have a successful career and travel- stef my life

She thinks you can't have a partner/husband/wife/spouse and travel- ungraceful guide & stef my life.

I'm a very black and white kind of person in my outlook, but cannot comprehend her mentality. I'm due a baby at the end of the year and I'm already thinking of where I'll go what ill do during the maternity leave. Googling best places to travel, travelling with a baby bla bla bla. My partner and i have to travel with work(pre COVID) and we will continue to travel with him when green passport permits! But for her you can only be free, single, childless with no commitments??!!??

It just seems so wasteful, to travel & not explore just eat pizza & drink. Her "living her best life" reel was basically her getting pissed with her mates & twerking. She can't do reels showing the amazing places she's explored in each country. Sitting on her hole yesterday scoffing Ben & Jerry's watching Wimbledon, could she not have tried to actually go to Wimbledon or nearby & soak up the atmosphere.
Wimbledon village is so much Craic during the games, big screens, BBQ and drinking! I'm a Wimbledon fan and yesterday did the whole strawberries and cream and Pimms in my home. Her setting just looked depressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
What i find really odd is that she thinks it's one or the other.

She thinks you can't get married have kids and travel - ungraceful guide

She thinks you can't have a successful career and travel- stef my life

She thinks you can't have a partner/husband/wife/spouse and travel- ungraceful guide & stef my life.

I'm a very black and white kind of person in my outlook, but cannot comprehend her mentality. I'm due a baby at the end of the year and I'm already thinking of where I'll go what ill do during the maternity leave. Googling best places to travel, travelling with a baby bla bla bla. My partner and i have to travel with work(pre COVID) and we will continue to travel with him when green passport permits! But for her you can only be free, single, childless with no commitments??!!??

Wimbledon village is so much Craic during the games, big screens, BBQ and drinking! I'm a Wimbledon fan and yesterday did the whole strawberries and cream and Pimms in my home. Her setting just looked depressing.
Well to be fair to her, I think that's the narrative we are fed. I saw on another thread where a mother went to a hotel in Ireland when her baby was 2 weeks old (with the baby) and some people were shocked and appalled. And also, it could be a reflection of the people she knows who have babies. For a long time, the majority of people I knew that had families fed into that narrative of giving up their entire life for their children and forgetting to exist as themselves. It's only now I'm seeing my friends have children and still have a life!

But you are 100% right though. If she took her head out of her stuck up hole for a few mins, she could've found pages that would've shown her that!

Still nothing wrong with her not wanting that either but stop harping on about it! She thinks that life is better. OK Siobh it might be better for you specifically but stop giving the impression you are better than everyone else because you want to live independently!

Reactions: 20
Well to be fair to her, I think that's the narrative we are fed. I saw on another thread where a mother went to a hotel in Ireland when her baby was 2 weeks old (with the baby) and some people were shocked and appalled. And also, it could be a reflection of the people she knows who have babies. For a long time, the majority of people I knew that had families fed into that narrative of giving up their entire life for their children and forgetting to exist as themselves. It's only now I'm seeing my friends have children and still have a life!

But you are 100% right though. If she took her head out of her stuck up hole for a few mins, she could've found pages that would've shown her that!

Still nothing wrong with her not wanting that either but stop harping on about it! She thinks that life is better. OK Siobh it might be better for you specifically but stop giving the impression you are better than everyone else because you want to live independently!
100% nail on the head!

Reactions: 10
100% nail on the head!
Do u ever think single people who harp on that single life is the best life ever actually really want to meet someone? Like if they were genuinely happy they wouldn't need to constantly remind people how happy they are?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I cannot get over that after how many weeks she still hasn’t left SW London - and still hasn’t even seen all of SW 😂 why doesn’t she take her laptop and “work” in shoreditch in a coffee shop, or wander down southbank or go to Kings cross for dinner?? Even the great places you can go from London like bath or Oxford, or renting a car and going to Cornwall or the Lake District? The last thing this girl does is “travel”

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I think People who are happy in any regard don't harp on about how happy they are- they just are. If you're in a good job, have a nice partner, have a nice house, have good mates, have a good salary, have good children, have a nice pet, have good health or what ever it is that makes you happy and ticks your boxes you or I are not walking around going "o my god my husband is just the best i just love him so much and am so happy" or "o my god my workplace is just amazing i have the best job and the best salary and the most amazing work colleagues"

Why? Firstly cause we're normal. And secondly we don't feel the need to validate ourselves to others were just happy. To me, it's like when people go on about money. It's the ones that go on about it are the ones that don't have it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Do u ever think single people who harp on that single life is the best life ever actually really want to meet someone? Like if they were genuinely happy they wouldn't need to constantly remind people how happy they are?
Same goes for couples who gush over eachother too remember

Im single and constantly get asked why im single, when am i going to find a man, when i'm going to 'settle down and so on. I am quite happy with my life and feel that i am settled down, but apparently without a fella it doesnt count. I can get defensive because the implication is 'you're not like us, you cant be happy'.

I dont life differently, i live very similarly 😅 just not as one half of a couple. Its just rare that a person in a relationship is analysed on the same way as a single person.

I dont go on apps or put myself out there in anyway, because im quite happy with how my life is progressing.

It can be infuriating when its implied that you must have some deep level of unhapiness by not being in a relationship.

Sorry rant over 🤐🤐

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Im single and constantly get asked why im single, when am i going to find a man, when i'm going to 'settle down and so on. I am quite happy with my life and feel that i am settled down, but apparently without a fella it doesnt count. I can get defensive because the implication is 'you're not like us, you cant be happy'.

I dont life differently, i live very similarly 😅 just not as one half of a couple. Its just rare that a person in a relationship is analysed on the same way as a single person.

I dont go on apps or put myself out there in anyway, because im quite happy with how my life is progressing.

It can be infuriating when its implied that you must have some deep level of unhapiness by not being in a relationship.

Sorry rant over 🤐🤐
I’m always 50/50 about these things. Like if you’re single. Who cares let them do what they want.

Now I don’t read nearly as many self help books as Siobhan. But humans aren’t designed to have a solitary life. We need that human connection. Like Siobhans life is basically like a prison sentence. But In nicer accommodation and able to leave whenever 😂. But she spends 90% of her time alone, in her apartment alone, eating alone, exercising alone, walking alone, talking to her phone instead of making connections.

But saying that - I also think if she was to get in a relationship with a man/woman whatever. That she would be posting non stop about them.

So her posting all the time that she’s happy being alone. Yea 100% be alone until you find someone that makes you the happiest and best self. But how will she find that person when she lives 90% of her life doing things alone.

Reactions: 15

Sorry rant over 🤐🤐
And you are still poked and prodded in a relationship just different questions. Any sign of a ring/do I need to buy a hat, any dates set yet, when are you giving us grandkids etc etc. Women always get bleeping hassled about this tit

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And you are still poked and prodded in a relationship just different questions. Any sign of a ring/do I need to buy a hat, any dates set yet, when are you giving us grandkids etc etc. Women always get bleeping hassled about this tit
Very true actually! I have always made a cobscious effort not to do this, particularly the ring thing because i feel like what if shes sat waiting for it and its not forthcoming! Same with kids, what if theyre not coming.

I suppose my take from my experience is that if some one doesnt tell you theyre unhappy, dont assume that they are, just on the basis that their life doesnt look like yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Very true actually! I have always made a cobscious effort not to do this, particularly the ring thing because i feel like what if shes sat waiting for it and its not forthcoming! Same with kids, what if theyre not coming.

I suppose my take from my experience is that if some one doesnt tell you theyre unhappy, dont assume that they are, just on the basis that their life doesnt look like yours.
Amen to that. I try and do the same - you have no idea about people's personal lives sometimes. You can know someone inside out but the ins and outs of their relationship or singledom or their fertility health could be totally unknown to you, as it should be. I'd only discuss it if a friend brought it up. Even comments as a "joke" are information fishing exercises IMO

Reactions: 11
Apologies all, i've diverted from the thread a little. I guess i just had to make my point.

Shiv does give off unhappy vibes, so i get why the comments are made here. I suppose i just also get her defensiveness too!

Reactions: 10
Apologies all, i've diverted from the thread a little. I guess i just had to make my point.

Shiv does give off unhappy vibes, so i get why the comments are made here. I suppose i just also get her defensiveness too!
I totally get your points. I think the difference between someone like you and Siobhan is how much you mean it. You are actually living it, Siobhan is just saying it, constantly. Which is such a massive indicator of insecurity, overthinking it, overcompensating.
There's no shame in wanting a relationship or being unhappily single, but I think Siobhan is insecure and at PAINS to portray herself as something she is not. She also chops and changes her style/interests/habits to fit into whatever mould is fashionable or whatever person she wants to emulate or impress. She really doesn't know who she is at all.

Reactions: 11
Siobhan on a Monday - loves single life

Siobhan on a Saturday- downloads tinder & tells us there’s loads of talent in London and at the turf games.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Siobhan on a Monday - loves single life

Siobhan on a Saturday- downloads tinder & tells us there’s loads of talent in London and at the turf games.
Didn't people think she met a fella and they added each other to instagram after last weekend? After she said she stayed up late dancing? And now suddenly she's oggling lads and talking about talent and tinder. I think she's playing hard to get 😂
The "what would James Smith do" school of being a duck boi

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
It just seems so wasteful, to travel & not explore just eat pizza & drink. Her "living her best life" reel was basically her getting pissed with her mates & twerking. She can't do reels showing the amazing places she's explored in each country. Sitting on her hole yesterday scoffing Ben & Jerry's watching Wimbledon, could she not have tried to actually go to Wimbledon or nearby & soak up the atmosphere.
My partners family lives in north London . We spent five days there two summers ago and in those five days we done a lot. Explored London, went to museums, London eye, boat trip down the Thames, ate all types of cuisines, hopped on tubes, shopped explored everything. Five days still wasn’t enough for it all and I enjoyed myself so much, it’s a beautiful city and I cannot wait to go back ! I just don’t get her at all ? First thing I wanna do when I visit another country is explore and learn about it. She’s living there and has literally done nothing but walk around hoping to bump into James, it’s kind of sad

Reactions: 17
I live here this years and can’t get over how she’s wasting her time. I’m still discovering stuff and I do a lot! I take full advantage of what an amazing place it is

Reactions: 13
Maccies for breakfast, how does anyone actually pay her for that furnace crap when they see her diet ?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She doesn’t live differently at all. She lives the exact same life in different countries, it’s bizarre. Even on a relaxing beach holiday you’d have explored more. She does the bare minimum, find where to get her essentials and keep going back to the same places. She has no one to spend time with and I’d guess she can’t work out why so she pretends she likes being on her own so much. I’d say she wouldn’t have the courage or motivation to explore new places on her own and I do kinda think a new place would be a little less fun on your own but she made the choice to do these things. I like my own company well enough but I make sure I have some sort of social interaction outside of the day to day with work etc at least once a week, it’s a nice way to wind down and think about something other than your own life even if it’s just a walk with your friends or a coffee or something. It seems like Siobhan struggles to find even that. It’s like she’s moved into an area with people she knew say from school, but weren’t very close with so they pity-invite her places every so often and she goes because she has no one else but would rather spend her time with other people, except in reality these are people she thinks she’s really good friends with? How can she not see that Fliss has made the bare minimum effort, Diren really only saw her the second time cause of Sinead, James has actively avoided her and she only seems to have one other friend? Even Sinead saw more people in the few days she was over? I hate to think of anyone being alone or lonely but I really think she’s made this bed for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She doesn’t live differently at all. She lives the exact same life in different countries, it’s bizarre. Even on a relaxing beach holiday you’d have explored more. She does the bare minimum, find where to get her essentials and keep going back to the same places. She has no one to spend time with and I’d guess she can’t work out why so she pretends she likes being on her own so much. I’d say she wouldn’t have the courage or motivation to explore new places on her own and I do kinda think a new place would be a little less fun on your own but she made the choice to do these things. I like my own company well enough but I make sure I have some sort of social interaction outside of the day to day with work etc at least once a week, it’s a nice way to wind down and think about something other than your own life even if it’s just a walk with your friends or a coffee or something. It seems like Siobhan struggles to find even that. It’s like she’s moved into an area with people she knew say from school, but weren’t very close with so they pity-invite her places every so often and she goes because she has no one else but would rather spend her time with other people, except in reality these are people she thinks she’s really good friends with? How can she not see that Fliss has made the bare minimum effort, Diren really only saw her the second time cause of Sinead, James has actively avoided her and she only seems to have one other friend? Even Sinead saw more people in the few days she was over? I hate to think of anyone being alone or lonely but I really think she’s made this bed for herself.
I would have been a bit like Siobhan in the respect of not being close to many people when I was in my late teens or early 20s, but what really helped me grow up was getting a serious job with a lot of responsibility and being around others in similar positions. Learning to be self aware of myself and see things from how others see them. I think because Siobhan gave up working in the corporate world effectively to do Instagram full time she has missed this and hasn’t grown up. (Nothing wrong with travelling for a year or two but not the way she has done it)
That podcast with Diren and Sinead is a perfect example of someone who has zero self awareness.
I could be totally off the mark with this 😅

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.