Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am just really annoyed at the fact that there are so many talented builders and EA always picks the same few. And if 1 of them has a very objectionable personality (lilsimsie) and the other (Deli) can't be bothered to pronounce things correctly that is all the more reason not to use them. I know EA likes fairly basic houses in their games so it makes sense why they don't use better builders I guess but I still say they could branch out and give smaller creators more of a shot.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Deli mentioned getting some furniture for her Sydney room and James just ordered a new green screen over there... the conclusion being they are staying for a while. Maybe they're settling in Sydney because the highly anticipated kitchen reno is in the works now that the memberships money is rolling in?

Also, I find it interesting how James reposts all the photos of him/them that Deli shares on her stories. It's like confirming "here, we do spend some time together".

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Deli mentioned getting some furniture for her Sydney room and James just ordered a new green screen over there... the conclusion being they are staying for a while.
In the intro of her "Huge Sims 4 update and new life stage!" video, she says that they're staying in Sydney for a few months. I'm also curious to know why lol

Reactions: 6
If Lil simsie has been making generation videos and saying she doesn’t know anything and “speculating” and she knew all along then she’s a lying hypocrite misleading people.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I honestly can’t think of anything more depressing than my full-time job being sitting in the house, playing The Sims 4 and speculating about the future of the game.

How… unfulfilling.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t think them telling lies previously about packs they know about is bad? Like someone said they’re probably under NDAs and may even be told to try throw people off the scent. As long as no one is getting harmed I don’t see the issue.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think them telling lies previously about packs they know about is bad? Like someone said they’re probably under NDAs and may even be told to try throw people off the scent. As long as no one is getting harmed I don’t see the issue.
Yeah I feel like calling her a hypocrite and stuff is a bit far. She kind of had to make videos pretending leaks were new information to her because she always makes those types of video - the absence of them is more likely to tip someone off to them being legit.

Oh they're definitely under NDAs and can't say anything, they can't even go into any more detail right now than "I did some builds for the pack." And even though they knew about it and saw a lot of the assets and some of the world, their reactions to the trailers are genuine (if a little over the top lol) because they hadn't seen the gameplay yet.

It was interesting comparing Deli's and Kayla's reactions. Kayla talked about her involvement with the pack before the trailer dropped, but Deli talked about it after she watched the trailer, and IMO Kayla's approach was the better one. Deli being all "ooooh, is this the new world they previewed?!" when the countdown was on was just :rolleyes:. And her acting skills were pretty off, she instantly knew the Sims were building a treehouse the second she saw the blueprint - we all know she's not normally that quick to pick up on that sort of thing! 😂

• Sick
Reactions: 15
There is a difference between knowing you have an nda and can’t say anything which I think the majority of her fans would understand, to actively saying she does not know anything about what’s coming up and innocent. She doesn’t have to make speculation videos, she chooses too.

(That is assuming she has been making speculation videos, I don’t watch her but my feelings would be the same regardless of who it was) I’m also fairly certain EA do not tell their creators what content they can or can’t make in between releases. Lil simsie may not have known every single detail but she would have known enough from looking at the build assets and knowing what type of build she was working with what the theme was.

• Heart
There is a difference between knowing you have an nda and can’t say anything which I think the majority of her fans would understand, to actively saying she does not know anything about what’s coming up and innocent. She doesn’t have to make speculation videos, she chooses too.

(That is assuming she has been making speculation videos, I don’t watch her but my feelings would be the same regardless of who it was) I’m also fairly certain EA do not tell their creators what content they can or can’t make in between releases. Lil simsie may not have known every single detail but she would have known enough from looking at the build assets and knowing what type of build she was working with what the theme was.
I also think she could have made videos saying what she'd like to see, or a video comparing old generation gameplay, etc. There were ways of making enough videos without the disingenuous nonsense so I get what you are saying. So what if her fans speculate, let them. I imagine her die-hard fans think she should do builds for every pack.

One thing I've always been curious about. Do they get paid for their work on these packs? So far, they've all talked about how excited they were and how they were honoured to be asked, but nothing about being paid. I'm assuming they absolutely have been because otherwise it's an awful lot of work to do for free, especially as EA is essentially making a profit from their work. But why not say something?

Reactions: 4
Wow you guys were not kidding about Deli's mispronunciation of the word sequoia. "sekuo", "sekouo", really ??? It's not like the word is complicated, it's literally the word for a kind of tree ? Has she never seen or heard of a sequoia in her life ?

She's even checking herself out as she mispronunces the word. "do I look quirky enough hihihihi"
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 16-03-12 I've known about this pack for a while... THE SIMS 4 GROWING...png

dumbass

• Angry
  • Sick
One thing I've always been curious about. Do they get paid for their work on these packs? So far, they've all talked about how excited they were and how they were honoured to be asked, but nothing about being paid. I'm assuming they absolutely have been because otherwise it's an awful lot of work to do for free, especially as EA is essentially making a profit from their work. But why not say something?
I know they don't get paid based on how the pack sells since Jesse mentioned that with her kit, but I would suspect they get some sort of upfront payment for building in the pack. As sketchy as EA can be, I'm not sure I see them not paying the creators (especially since a lot of the creators are in with Twitch crowds that are big on demanding payment for your work).

Fair enough, she’s probably been under an NDA but it’s the over the top “oh my god oh my god!”/screaming/squealing/crying reactions to small teasers that pissed me off. Like when she dissected a simple community post and decided it could be generations pack…girl you already knew. Why not just keep quiet. It’s the over the top nature of it that just seems disingenuous as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I am just really annoyed at the fact that there are so many talented builders and EA always picks the same few. And if 1 of them has a very objectionable personality (lilsimsie) and the other (Deli) can't be bothered to pronounce things correctly that is all the more reason not to use them. I know EA likes fairly basic houses in their games so it makes sense why they don't use better builders I guess but I still say they could branch out and give smaller creators more of a shot.
This. I saw someone on Twitter saying the same thing and it was SOOOO HARD not to comment like "doesn't matter, we'll all delete those tit builds and replace them with decent ones anyway 😂" just bc I don't like Deli or Lilsimsie and I'm tired of the ass kissing they get for being boring and useless
---

I kinda feel like they should be able to say "guys I can't speculate bc I know waht the pack is and let's leave it there" - but I'd guess the team prob won't even let them say they know 🤷‍♀️

And it is douchey for them to speculate and lie, but I mean, as much as I don't like most of the GCs, it's a hard spot to be in when you usually speculate, but this time you know. If you don't speculate with your audience, they'll know something up and harass you 🤷‍♀️

I’m really surprised that Plumbella didn’t do a “British Kit” or whatever. She’s forever gone on about wanting kettles in the game and they could have padded it out with (decorative) hot water bottles, “Keep Calm and Carry On”-style posters, (decorative) tiered sandwich trays, a Union Jack bed, (decorative) red phone boxes etc.

Maybe she didn’t want to be responsible for adding kettles to the game if they had to be non-functional? Or maybe she didn’t feel a British pack was right so soon after Cottage Living?

It seems very out of character that she ended up compiling what looked like “The Sims 4: Furniture We Couldn’t Fit in High School Years” pack.

I’m really surprised that Plumbella didn’t do a “British Kit” or whatever. She’s forever gone on about wanting kettles in the game and they could have padded it out with (decorative) hot water bottles, “Keep Calm and Carry On”-style posters, (decorative) tiered sandwich trays, a Union Jack bed, (decorative) red phone boxes etc.

Maybe she didn’t want to be responsible for adding kettles to the game if they had to be non-functional? Or maybe she didn’t feel a British pack was right so soon after Cottage Living?

It seems very out of character that she ended up compiling what looked like “The Sims 4: Furniture We Couldn’t Fit in High School Years” pack.
My assumption was that the kit itself was already planned and they went to her and asked her to collaborate on it as her aesthetic fit the theme , rather than asking her what pack she wanted to do from scratch. But to be fair I haven't watched any of her videos on it because she is far too annoying

So Lil Simsie has known about this pack since July? Then why did she make (what feels like) 10 videos saying “I really hope we’re getting generations” whilst saying it was speculation? Girl is so fake. I’m done.
exactly what I was thinking. Why was she jumping on the "is the next pack generations" train, when she knew for sure what it was?

Reactions: 9
I'm sure I saw someone say that they get paid for each build. Like a freelance designer type thing. Maybe James Deli and Kayla are cheap builders so they use them multiple times

I feel like a British kit with stuff like that would be much more suited to a London based creator over Jesse, a lot of that really doesn't seem like her vibe.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.