Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think they invite anymore. The last time I heard applications were open to join Game Changers was when SimGuruKate was still around. I think you need to request to join the Creator Network now. FakeGamerGirl needs to put in an application just like everyone else.

I understand what you mean about liking someone because they weren't part of EA Game Changers. Most people think that they need to be part of the elite club to get views/subs/money when that isn't true. Sure, you can get a leg up with very little work, but making good content is still rewarded.
This. I think you have to apply. Also, I'm pretty sure she's not family friendly so I'd doubt she'd get in, but maybe I'm wrong about their requirements.

But also, I'm sorry, she's complaining bc she's been doing Sims for 3 years? I've watched people who have been playing far longer and they aren't in the creator network. (I'm assuming bc they never applied)... She really needs to get off that high horse honestly. Time on YT doesn't mean you get auto added to the network 🙄

But again, I think her problem is going to be the not so family friendly thing, but I have only seen a few of her videos so I could be misremembering

Also, random... Why I popped back in - I tried to watch tazkabaz's video on CAS and build buy and... God... I remember why I stopped trying to watch her. She seemed fine at first but everytime she hit anything cute her UwU baby voice kicked in and I wanted to scream. I get cute things are cute, but don't talk to an object like it's a baby. It's so grating 😂

Reactions: 7
RE: fakegamergirl, I don’t know if she’d ever get into the program simply because her content isn’t what the sims team is all about, same reason why CallMeKevin never gets acknowledged. Not saying their content isn’t good (I love callmekevin), but it’s not really advertiser friendly.

Syd Mac isn’t in the network yet but she should be. She gets basically the same amount of views as Deli/James do with only 10% of the subscribers.

i watched James’s video but I was on my phone most of the time. Plumbella’s was actually pretty informative and I do enjoy her reviews because I always feel like she’s the most honest.
i clicked Kelsey’s video, got as far as “it’s baaaack” and turned it off again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This. I think you have to apply. Also, I'm pretty sure she's not family friendly so I'd doubt she'd get in, but maybe I'm wrong about their requirements.
I think Devon Bumpkin is in the Creator Network. He’s not exactly family friendly and talks tit criticizes the game in every video/stream. Or at least he was a Game Changer at one point? But idk what the rules are either.

Reactions: 3
I took that to mean that she got early access to a demo/PR game, but then will be buying the full game herself
Apparently the creator codes is for consumers to use. They did them before, lil simsie had one and with every code used she got a small kick back.
She deffo didn’t get a demo of Growing together. EA don’t give demos, creators are free to decline a pack but of course won’t be able to upload early. Many of their regular game changers didn’t get a code for this pack!

Reactions: 2
Many of their regular game changers didn’t get a code for this pack!
This is not unusual. EA has done this in the past, staggering release. I believe I heard someone talking about how letting everyone publish at the same time probably lowered the ROI [return on investment] and views on the big channels. Why watch Lilsimsie or Deligracy when you have the choice of 100's of channels? The curse of overchoice [too many choices], the viewers can't pick and they don't choose anything? I'm sure they do it for some reason, maybe so the "trusted shills" can prime their audiences to preorder and everyone else with integrity/contrary opinions has to wait?

6 hours later

Lilsimsie 201k (woah - and 430k for something yesterday and 748k for something 9 days ago)
Vixella at 69k
Plumbella at 62k (the only one I started watching)
James at 57k (also his views are tanking right now?? Never seen them so low)
Deli at 56k (so close to James?!)
Kelsey at 41k (lol and it’s 100 baby - trying to reclaim that relevance)

—-

Meanwhile this quote from fake gamer girl is sad but also I like her BECAUSE she’s not affiliated with EA
I think part of the issue for James is that he's released too much content recently. He's had 19 videos in the past month, 7 in the past week that add up to almost 5 hours. That's not counting the hours he's gone live.
---
Why does she think this is normal, just randomly skipping responsabillities?
I just can't with her. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
I think part of the issue for James is that he's released too much content recently. He's had 19 videos in the past month, 7 in the past week that add up to almost 5 hours. That's not counting the hours he's gone live.
And I've watched every single one and still want more. On a bit of a James binge lately. I love that asshole.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Devon Bumpkin is in the Creator Network. He’s not exactly family friendly and talks tit criticizes the game in every video/stream. Or at least he was a Game Changer at one point? But idk what the rules are either.
true but it’s like… a different kind of thing? Like he still builds and plays the game. I think FGG is just too chaotic/x rated to ever be considered for the creator network. I could be wrong cos Steph is the same way and she’s still in the network right?

And I've watched every single one and still want more. On a bit of a James binge lately. I love that asshole.
Same, I watch his videos first. He does things I hate from time to time but is still better than the alternatives.

Reactions: 10
I enjoy his videos as they’re chaotic, it would be pretty boring if it was just bog standard sim wakes up, fixes needs, goes to work. I dip in and out though.

The funniest thing James said in his video: James, "I can't feed while they are asleep?" lol, I think that is universally true.

I watched Kelsey, hated her video. She gave me a headache with the way excessive and unnecessary dramatics. Nothing really happened. It was the same old stuff she always does.

I can't bring myself to watch, did Deli make an effort to pronounce Sequoia right yet or....?
I only just started her video but she did say Sequoia right.

Reactions: 5
she is, for some reason, confident that her let’s play will actually last more than 3 episodes.. does anyone actually know how many lps she’s started and not finished?? i just know she won’t continue consistently for even a week before the excuses roll in.
CDB0F29A-38E6-4A1C-B457-709755513F42.jpeg

Reactions: 7
true but it’s like… a different kind of thing? Like he still builds and plays the game. I think FGG is just too chaotic/x rated to ever be considered for the creator network. I could be wrong cos Steph is the same way and she’s still in the network right?
Kevin has definitely had expansions early before. I mean even Jessie has uploaded videos using Basemental Drugs and Ultimate Violence, so I really don't think chaos and negative stuff goes against people. I think the current devs are really trying to lean into the sandbox vibe of The Sims, which means including people who do use x-rated mods. IF someone can't get in, unless they're doing something truly disgusting in their game, it's more likely because there's not really the ROI there for EA to include them in the network.

6 hours later

Lilsimsie 201k (woah - and 430k for something yesterday and 748k for something 9 days ago)

James at 57k (also his views are tanking right now?? Never seen them so low)
Deli at 56k (so close to James?!)
I can only comment on those 3 and only about their latest video
I feel like Lilsimsie's video is way more interesting (behind the scenes, building official houses) than James' and Deli's videos where it's just taking care of 7 infants, which we all know is gonna be hard and that's it, like they didn't show any new content per say ? I know infants is new content but if you're just showing your sim struggling to take care of them, it's not so much different than toddlers... James' video is just him complaining about the sim not doing what he wants him to do and Deli's I don't know because I couldn't be bothered but I know she messed up in the first two minutes with the personality choice and didn't even notice.
Also, I feel like a lot of people who watch Deli also watch James and vise versa since they're a couple, and they both made the exact same video (which I don't really get).
On another hand, I really don't understand how people can handle lilsimsie. The way she talks is SO annoying and her eyebrow movement is so weird, I can only handle watching her for 5 minutes...
---
It's interesting what Lilsimsie is saying about what happens when EA asks you to build houses for their new pack (yes, I am struggling but I am watching). Is it me or it doesn't make any sense ? They asked her to build a house with literally no surrounding lots/fake houses, which makes it really hard to choose a style to go with (lilsimsie says it). Then, they asked her to build a house that was 22k max, but they didn't give her access to the new items' prices ?! o_O

Last edited:
I like English Simmer for CAS reviews, simproved for EXTREMELY thorough build/buy reviews, and Plumbella for overall pack reviews. Haven’t seen a good gameplay walkthrough yet, but i feel like I’d rather explore this one on my own anyway.

I also like Ms Gryphy for a more succinct build/buy.

I can only comment on those 3 and only about their latest video
I feel like Lilsimsie's video is way more interesting (behind the scenes, building official houses) than James' and Deli's videos where it's just taking care of 7 infants, which we all know is gonna be hard and that's it, like they didn't show any new content per say ? I know infants is new content but if you're just showing your sim struggling to take care of them, it's not so much different than toddlers... James' video is just him complaining about the sim not doing what he wants him to do and Deli's I don't know because I couldn't be bothered but I know she messed up in the first two minutes with the personality choice and didn't even notice.
Also, I feel like a lot of people who watch Deli also watch James and vise versa since they're a couple, and they both made the exact same video (which I don't really get).
Yeah this was my thought too. I watched James's video and enjoyed it but felt like it didn't really show off the infants or the pack in any detail at all. Like it was fun to watch him struggle, but it didn't really give a good sense of what the update/pack will actually be like. Deli just doing a James-style video wasn't the best choice. They're directly competing with each other by doing that :unsure:

Reactions: 8
English Simmer had a good video showing the townies etc. Like others said, didn't get any insight to the pack from Jeli.

I watched Kayla's and it was absolutely infurating that she insisted on doing a 4 bed house when she could've reduced it to 2-3 and showcased the new items because like she said -- her budget was maxed out and she couldn't afford to include many new items. WTF.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.