Sims YouTubers #3 Sydney Macoretta, Pixelade, Kelsey Impicciche, EnglishSimmer etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Deligracy has been in full "preparing for Christmas" mode this weekend and I'd like to say some nice things first. Props to her for actually finding something more fulfilling than mindless online browsing. Last Christmas she said she doesn't like the consumerism aspect of Christmas and the fact that you have to buy presents for everybody. She said home-made presents are more meaningful. I have nothing bad to say about this, in fact I often do home-made stuff myself.

However, if you look back on some of Deli's gift-related videos, you will notice the following:

1) She is usually a "cheap" gift-giver, compared to the gifts she gets or buys for herself. In fact, over 50% of her gifts are just Happy Socks. Nothing against socks, we all need them, but I find it funny how Consumerism-Is-Bad Deli is only present when she has to buy gifts for others, even though a huge part of what she puts out there is her either buying expensive stuff, planning to buy something expensive, tagging brands, making mood boards and pining over expensive versions of stuff she could find cheaper.

2) If she did spend more on a gift than socks, she won't forget to mention it, as if it was a bigger sacrifice than what she was willing to make.

3) In her 2019 Christmas vlog, you can hear her say that her family didn't get her any presents for Christmas because "she already bought quite a lot of gifts for herself this year". To me, this signals that her "I want this thing so bad, but it's soooor expensive" *cue martyr face* is something she does around her family as well, probably until someone caves in and gives her the money. Never mind that Deli wouldn't look at anything under $200, but makes it seem as if she's Poor-Deli-Who-Can't-Even-Afford-a-T-shirt.

From what we were able to see over the years, Deli got some expensive gifts in the form of shoes, bags and what not. James rented a cabin with that whole gluten-free menu, flowers, wine tasting and fancy picnic for her birthday. When it came to James' birthday, Deli contemplated getting James an olive oil decanter that she wanted for herself. Let us not forget her eating the Valentine's Day muffin she got for him and them baking that replacement muffin that...was what it was.

Like I said, I think thoughtful, home-made gifts are great and I love that she decided to get more into this. But it's kind of hypocritical, with everything we witness Treat-Yourself-Deli buying, to preach all about her anti-consumerism stance only when it comes to spending money for others.
omg the oil decanter for a gift 😳 wouldn’t be too bad if it was something he actually wanted but it was for her… how selfish

DE47642E-B414-483C-88D2-2AD9EE83B2B4.png

a little scuffed 🤣 it looks like something you’d pull out of a blocked drain

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
omg the oil decanter for a gift 😳 wouldn’t be too bad if it was something he actually wanted but it was for her… how selfish

View attachment 1671839

a little scuffed 🤣 it looks like something you’d pull out of a blocked drain
I saw this on Insta and I couldn’t help but laugh! It looks awful! If I would get that from her, I would accidentally drop it…

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Like I said, I think thoughtful, home-made gifts are great and I love that she decided to get more into this. But it's kind of hypocritical, with everything we witness Treat-Yourself-Deli buying, to preach all about her anti-consumerism stance only when it comes to spending money for others.
Deli is legitimately the last person who should be talking about anti-consumerism. Not only do we constantly see her spend insane amounts of money on clothes and products constantly but she literally has a job where she plays a game developed by ea with insane amounts of dlc that isn’t stopping anytime soon. I think she’s just trying to say it to appear more mindful even though we all know that she’s dense and has no problem with buying nice things for herself but not willing to spend money on other people.

Reactions: 9
Deli is legitimately the last person who should be talking about anti-consumerism. Not only do we constantly see her spend insane amounts of money on clothes and products constantly but she literally has a job where she plays a game developed by ea with insane amounts of dlc that isn’t stopping anytime soon. I think she’s just trying to say it to appear more mindful even though we all know that she’s dense and has no problem with buying nice things for herself but not willing to spend money on other people.
Thats what I was going to say. There is nothing the matter with home made gifts. But Deli is incredibly materialistic and seems to spend A crap ton of money all the time. I think she’s saying that because she thinks it makes her appear a better person.

Deli once defended EA‘s business model by saying “The sims has always had dlc, you can’t have pets and seasons in a base game!” She conveniently ignored the arguement that whilst it’s always had dlc, players have never had to pay for bowling, movies, restaurants, work out videos, slip and slides, hot tubs in individual packs. That is a sims 4 thing. But its easy to ignore that when as a game changer you know you are getting every pack for free.

I am catching up on Clare's NSB challenge and I forgot how much her cc annoys me. It is not because she uses alpha but because random townies walk around with the weirdest stuff. Like I swear the last seven episodes have had several townies walking around with a fake bubblegum bubble in their mouths like some sort of adult pacifier while others were just holding a random pumpkin.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am catching up on Clare's NSB challenge and I forgot how much her cc annoys me. It is not because she uses alpha but because random townies walk around with the weirdest stuff. Like I swear the last seven episodes have had several townies walking around with a fake bubblegum bubble in their mouths like some sort of adult pacifier while others were just holding a random pumpkin.
I’ll kindly request some screenshots because I don’t watch Clare but your post had me in literal tears.

Some of the cc clare has baffles me why would you need that in your game. Its also quite funny when simstubers add a feck ton of cc and mods then act surprised when their game is slow or buggy. I don't use cc or mods because my game doesn't run properly so I get irrationally annoyed when all the new free to play simmers immediately want to download mods and cc. Like hold up buttercup you're still watching simsies how to build a wall videos calm down.

Deli is legitimately the last person who should be talking about anti-consumerism.
YUP. I actually find this really annoying, given how she only likes expensive, high-end things and apparently just learned a few days ago that drugstore brands can be pretty decent alternatives to her brand name, expensive make-up. Her anti-consumerism stuff makes me wonder if she actually doesn’t know what she’s talking about or if she’s trying to win internet points from her younger audience who think that “Christmas has gotten too commercialized” is a hot take.

she 100% strikes me as that person who spends as little as possible on gifts for other people while expecting them to shower her with whatever she wants. I can totally see her being disappointed that someone bought her a $70 sweater instead of a $300 sweater, you know?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
YUP. I actually find this really annoying, given how she only likes expensive, high-end things and apparently just learned a few days ago that drugstore brands can be pretty decent alternatives to her brand name, expensive make-up. Her anti-consumerism stuff makes me wonder if she actually doesn’t know what she’s talking about or if she’s trying to win internet points from her younger audience who think that “Christmas has gotten too commercialized” is a hot take.

she 100% strikes me as that person who spends as little as possible on gifts for other people while expecting them to shower her with whatever she wants. I can totally see her being disappointed that someone bought her a $70 sweater instead of a $300 sweater, you know?
Oh Deli 100 percent gives cheap gifts then expects James and the family to give her something expensive! I can see her being sad if she didn't get what she wanted 😂

What do you guys think about Whiny Brit ? She seems to have a lot going on (different TS4 videos/challenges, TS2, other games...)

Reactions: 1
I like her she trys different things I'm not necessarily going to want to watch everything but I like that she comes up with some unique ideas. I liked her furnishing my house with only things I created or without going into build buy. I've done that in rags to riches where my logic says you have to buy from the flea market or get from dumpsters when you are poor.

Reactions: 2
Deli gives novelty socks as a gift but is the sort of person who would cry if James didn't treat her birthday like the most important day of the year

Anti consumerism? Isn't a main facet of her online persona how much she loves shopping? 🙄

Reactions: 8
Deli telling us she's watching a Barbie show... Isn't this for kids ?
Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 20-32-11 A new generation of Barbie in The Sims 4.png

Then she says she deleted everything from her game because "it's the aries in me". 1 min 15 in and I already want to die.

2 minutes in and I think she's looked at herself about 30 times, feels like a new record.

She made a really creepy looking Barbie
Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 20-43-15 A new generation of Barbie in The Sims 4.png

Lol the video is just her making Barbies in CAS and people are asking for a LP in the comments...

Lol she renamed her 2nd video.....

View attachment 1665160
She renamed it again 💀

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 20-49-17 A new generation of Barbie in The Sims 4.png

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was curious to see if she ever shared some of her graphic design work, so I stumbled upon this Daniel Wellington ad, back when their watches were all the rage. What do you think? Would you hire Deli to chew on your watches? Are "graphic design skills" cutting out the mouth and painting the background pink?

deliteeth.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is this the new trend? Just skip The Sims 4 entirely and make videos in Blender? I'm confused how you get from making stories with The Sims 4 to throwing out the game entirely to play with Blender.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I was curious to see if she ever shared some of her graphic design work, so I stumbled upon this Daniel Wellington ad, back when their watches were all the rage. What do you think? Would you hire Deli to chew on your watches? Are "graphic design skills" cutting out the mouth and painting the background pink?
Oof not good 💀

View attachment 1675420
To be fair this was 7 years ago! I feel like this would’ve been cool in like 2013/2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.